stuartrushforth

Sorry, couldn't resist making this due to the excellent england in the thread title.

Hahaha

I speak very well england myself ;)

it could potentially sit tight between the pickup and XY pad?

It also looks like it was routed for a string through (look in the X-Y cavity) and... :confused:

surely not!!

I mean a tune o matic bridge with a string through setup rather than a stop tailpiece

those six holes look like they were lined up for a string through setup with a tune o matic (look at some schecters for example)

I mean a tune o matic bridge with a string through setup rather than a stop tailpiece

those six holes look like they were lined up for a string through setup with a tune o matic (look at some schecters for example)

It definitely looks like it has been routed for string through. I am actually shedding a tear at the routing on the XY cavity though, it looks like a small animal has been set to work gnawing it out!

I just read your all ur kaoss r belong to me. Great minds think alike ;)

• 1 month later...

Ripping the Kaoss Pad screen out is fine. I've done it, and honestly I prefer the MIDI Kit because:

- The connection between the pad screen and the KP2 Unit itself is fragile

- Wireless seems out of the question

- You can have an LED, but its color won't change based on your finger position

- You are limited to using a KP2

You are right in saying that the KP2 is a MIDI controller, however, anything you control through MIDI has to go through the Kaoss Pad and into the guitar. Again, the connection is fragile. More wires -> tangling -> broken connections. From experience.

It may be wrong, but judging from your posts it seems like you don't know too much about the mod? Sorry if I'm wrong, but it does take a fair amount of research on the web.

Good Luck,

Phi

And if you buy a kit from Gareth and then they're sold out and I can't get one, I will find you.

I have Gaz's number and email so can contact him for u if u want, He seems to have gone off the radar since he modified my guitar havent even seen him post here in a while.

I agree u should get an xy pad built in seperate and not rip off a screen from a KP, I can control my KP and my whammy also change the channels on both with the rotary switch so theres far more options.

The chip can also be burned so your pad can control something else should u want that option in the future, Mansons can also do this for u with the MB-1 for example.

• 2 weeks later...

that looks really good! love the way you've got it so it all clips together so no soldering is required to fit the kit to a guitar! as basic as soldering is, the components are all quite delicate and too much heat will destroy them so eliminating the soldering is great!

how much is the controller and parts without the screen, perspex or frame? i could be interested!

Ok nice one. That's a bit more than Gaz's kit's but your kits are a bit tidier.

I'll wait until I've seen video's of it in use and the lighting programming etc but I might go for one in the near future.

Have you had any problems with clicking noise getting into the guitar signal while touching the pad?

Ok nice one. That's a bit more than Gaz's kit's but your kits are a bit tidier.

I'll wait until I've seen video's of it in use and the lighting programming etc but I might go for one in the near future.

Have you had any problems with clicking noise getting into the guitar signal while touching the pad?

Yes, I had a small problem in the first one I built, but it was a prototype, I assemble everything without wired for good and without screening the various components .... I solved the problem taking LED into completely separate and shielded from thecircuit and taking the battery in a "container" that acted as insulation .... Note This procedure does NOT permanently eliminate the "noise" but it will reduce it of a 80%

hope this can help

i apologies my bad english, if you have any question ask me, i'll try to answer if i can

What about how much it would cost for everything?

the entire kit cost 160 euros + shipping cost

this is a short video showing the basics of the kit

Yes, I had a small problem in the first one I built, but it was a prototype, I assemble everything without wired for good and without screening the various components .... I solved the problem taking LED into completely separate and shielded from thecircuit and taking the battery in a "container" that acted as insulation .... Note This procedure does NOT permanently eliminate the "noise" but it will reduce it of a 80%

hope this can help

i apologies my bad english, if you have any question ask me, i'll try to answer if i can

the entire kit cost 160 euros + shipping cost

this is a short video showing the basics of the kit

You guys buy this i bought one of him in july hes v v good! :yesey:

• 1 month later...

Archived