stuartrushforth

they're not kaoss pads. They're xy-pads. :facepalm:

once again, i'll try explain this, cos there's some people who obvioulsy dont believe in search, or reading through the previous posts.

The screens you see in matt's guitars (and most of the replicas about) are JUST xy-pads. They're then connected to a midi encoder. I'm not sure if the Manson official ones are done the same, but a lot of them on the interweb are done with an arduino chip. they're small and you just program them yourself. That then has a midi port on the guitar, which connects to the midi connection on the Kaoss Pad. The actual kaoss pad is far too big to realistically fit into a guitar.

edit:

deadstar if you want to do it properly, you could always get a smaller screen if there's going to be a space constraint.

most are done with an x/y pad but you can rip the screen out of a kp 2:

http://www.unmaintained.com/forums/thread/43.aspx

yes we've all seen those threads, but it means you can only really use the kp with that guitar unless you get a 2nd screen. that method also means you can only use the screen with the kp, whereas with a midi controller, there's far more things you can use it with.

yes we've all seen those threads, but it means you can only really use the kp with that guitar unless you get a 2nd screen. that method also means you can only use the screen with the kp, whereas with a midi controller, there's far more things you can use it with.

good point, yes I do prefer the midi controller but you can get a touch screen and use it with the same kp as the one youve ripped the screen out of and that way you get 2 awesome guitars for the price of what you would pay for a kp 2 and an xy pad. ;)

also you can use the screen for other stuff because the kaoss pads got midi in and out and you can use a kp as a midi controller any way and what phil did in that link is just sort of moved the kp's screen :)

• 2 weeks later...
Beautiful, I adore the finish!

btw: How many Mansons have you got Simno?

Thank you the finish was all my idea too - wanted something original. Was looking to a beam from tudor style timbered houses for inspiration...

2 so far, 1 more in the workshop with Hugh at the moment....

Regarding the guitar in the first post, I think I have noticed a fundamental problem. Where is the bridge going to go? It appears you have routed a cavity for the XY controller where the bridge was and now there isn't space for the bridge as if you don't put it in the location it originally was the scale length will be off.

The scale length will surely be wrong by moving it by such a huge amount though.

Who's to say it's moved? Teles probably have enough room behind the bridge.

allyour.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist making this due to the excellent england in the thread title.

:LOL: watch out, you might get a warning!

Archived