stuartrushforth

Hey all, cant remember who on here was interested in this but I spoke to Gareth (Gazlang) Today and he says he will have some on sale via ebay soon (currently sold out)

Needless to say make sure u get a good guitar tech to install it for u :)

Is the guitar in your picture fitted with one of Gareth's kits? + How much was it?

And where did you get that pickguard? I need one!

Hey all, cant remember who on here was interested in this but I spoke to Gareth (Gazlang) Today and he says he will have some on sale via ebay soon (currently sold out)

Needless to say make sure u get a good guitar tech to install it for u :)

I am going to try to get one. Did you buy your guitar with it already installed? just wondering how much work it actually is

I am going to try to get one. Did you buy your guitar with it already installed? just wondering how much work it actually is

I have one of gazlangs kits, and I'm pretty good with a soldering iron. I'd say the only part that could be hard is routing wires and stuff exactly the way you want it. There's 16 wires total although im not using a few because I'm not using his rotary switch to change programs on the kp-2

yes my pic is one of his kits inclu rotary for whammy and kaoss program select.

The pickguard came with the guitar as its the J5 model but u can buy these online or from guitar shops.

Kits cost about £120 if memory serves, Gareth installed mine as he lives nearby (ish) lol

worth getting because of the rotary control, makes life a bit easier :)

I have one of gazlangs kits, and I'm pretty good with a soldering iron. I'd say the only part that could be hard is routing wires and stuff exactly the way you want it. There's 16 wires total although im not using a few because I'm not using his rotary switch to change programs on the kp-2

The routing is what I'm unsure about really - it would be going in an existing guitar. Soldering shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Waiting for them to show up on ebay at the moment.

Oh, and also, I can't seem to get a distorted sound with the synths on my KP2. I've tried it with the line in/out and the mic input and line out, but it still stays fairly clean. Do you lot have yours hooked up differently?

The routing is what I'm unsure about really - it would be going in an existing guitar. Soldering shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Oh, and also, I can't seem to get a distorted sound with the synths on my KP2. I've tried it with the line in/out and the mic input and line out, but it still stays fairly clean. Do you lot have yours hooked up differently?

2 Questions:

1. What's Gaz's eBay name? Might want an XY kit...in case my MB-1 breaks and I don't want to buy one secondhand :LOL: Better watch out for those curtains...

2. Where should the KP2 go in my FX chain? I've got it in my rig through a Keeley loop, but I run it after the FF...sounds crap a lot of the time...any suggestions? I'm going to fiddle with it more over Thanksgiving break :) Oh, right, you lot in England don't have that... :$

Well im able to have distorted and non distorted synths with mine.

AMP -DL4- Whammy-Reverb -KP2-acoustic simulator-mxr phaser-then my distortion pedals-guitar..

KP2 will not distort with my pedals, However if I use the built in dist on the amp this will distort anything coming out of the KP2, hope that helps

It's gotta be in front of the distortion. This isn't practical in most setups. I run it in the loop of my axe-fx, and i can put the amp sim before or after the loop. If I have the amp before it so that the kp-2 is effectively in an amps effects loop I get exactly what you describe. If I put the fx loop before the amp sim then it is more towards the sounds matt gets.

Also, if you want the dimensions of what the route has to be then I can give them to you.

hmm ok then - i'll have to mess with it some more. need to look into the different FX loop settings as well.

is yours the smaller frame one or the standard one? i'm planning to get the smaller one just to be safe. if the instructions don't have the dimensions, then yeah, it would be great if you could send them

hmm ok then - i'll have to mess with it some more. need to look into the different FX loop settings as well.

is yours the smaller frame one or the standard one? i'm planning to get the smaller one just to be safe. if the instructions don't have the dimensions, then yeah, it would be great if you could send them

I have the standard 4.7" korg one, but the route for that is approximately 4.64"x3.64"x.25"deep. I realize those are weird dimensions, but that leaves a little bit of room on the outside for the radius of the cutter. I used a .125" end mill for the cut. I didn't use a router, but a CNC mill to make it.

If its the smaller one, then I don't know what the dimensions would be.

• 3 weeks later...

I have made an excellant discovery in the mini-KP I have found effects that sound like electric bird from the kp2 which matt uses. The effects are not meant to sound exactly like them just similar to them so here they are:

41- Phaser

42- Mid phaser

Thats them but remember in order to get the right sound finger movements matter in this case but youll have to work em out ur self. Anyways i will tell ya the other effects that sound like matts effects in other songs:

9: BPF+&Reverb

6: BPF+ 7 Delay

88:Looper & Oscillator

89: Looper & Noice

Note:enjoy the effects for now later on i am going to extract the effects from the Kp2 and uploaded them so you guys can record ur guitar and put them in where ever you want but for now enjoy

needs more spamming of the forums.

Im just posting it on the kaoss pad thread u gave me before god why cant i even tell anyone about my discovery with you closing down my threads and charging me for spam i understand the other one but this is the kaoss pad thread and i can talk about kaoss pads ok!

Im just posting it on the kaoss pad thread u gave me before god why cant i even tell anyone about my discovery with you closing down my threads and charging me for spam i understand the other one but this is the kaoss pad thread and i can talk about kaoss pads ok!

calm down and dont kill yourself over the KnT banter :LOL:

nofuck.jpg

calm down and dont kill yourself over the KnT banter :LOL:

im not usally like that its just because hes been making me angry and annoying me charging me for spam when its his fault i tryed to make a thread about my thing but he closed it with reporting me so i made another one same thing so i posted it here and hes still annoying me :(

• 2 weeks later...

basically i have fucked up really badly.

i have no idea how it happend, but i cracked my touch screen from the midi kit i bought from Jedediah. he's not getting back to me and i need a replacement screen! i measured the diagonals of the broken touch screen and it is about 6.4" (does that sound right?!) does anyone have one that will work with a 4 pin connection or knows where to get one?

this is the kit i bought: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoHGI8rdbPs

basically i have fucked up really badly.

i have no idea how it happend, but i cracked my touch screen from the midi kit i bought from Jedediah. he's not getting back to me and i need a replacement screen! i measured the diagonals of the broken touch screen and it is about 6.4" (does that sound right?!) does anyone have one that will work with a 4 pin connection or knows where to get one?

This might be what tour looking for. http://www.futureelectronics.com/en/Technologies/Product.aspx?ProductID=48F464002TOUCHINTERNATIONAL3065620

It's a 6.4" resistive 4-wire touchscreen if you wanna google for some other places.

• 1 month later...

Archived