If you want it worded better, I like L's "@muse Read this: http://bit.ly/22Q451 Fans want a setlist shakeup. Bring spontaneity back ftw!" :)

I didn't meant to sound harsh by the way, but it was just my point, I didn't predict it would be retweeted so much :LOL:

That's better indeed! And I know you weren't trying to sound harsh;)

:awesome:

Was defending them up until today, the gigs look great and I am looking forward to London, but I'm sort of glad I'm only doing the two now. CBA with knowing what's coming next all the time. Argh, ditching Cave for Feeling Good. NOT GOOD.

Stop playing festival sets, Muse. These are YOUR gigs.

Imagine what the festival season will be like if this continues... Muse covering Britney Spears?:(

Oh wait, that would actually be spontaneous:stunned:

I'm kind of worried this could upset the band though.

Don't get me wrong - I would like some variety in the set. But I think the set is pretty good and what I've heard/seen on YouTube looks good.

But I'm worried this could upset the band and if we go too far we could cause a catastrophe. But that could be the pessimist in me talking - it's been a long day for me today...

The thought has crossed my mind. For all the terrible setlists they could be using now, they did do a lot of good to us in the past. Still, the message does need to be brought across.

I mean, surely they know that they've got a lot of fans who see them several times in a tour? They used to mention how strange it was that people followed them about as early as 2000 and seeing as it has become increasingly trendy to go on tour with a favourite band (not literally unfortunately) I would've thought that'd be at least a little prompt in the way of one or two surprises in the set every now and again.

That's been surprising me too. Knowing these sets, attending a single gig isn't as exciting as it could be. But how about ten of them??:erm:

Some people literally grew up with the band. 10 years is a long time to be interested in something, they should take the fact we still care enough to moan to mean that we're still passionate about them. I hope they would.

In the 9 years I've cared i've seen them go from a band where a couple of my mates liked New Born to headlining Wembley Stadium, its been quite a journey :LOL:

Please don't hassle them and send horrible tweets! It's nice that they do twitter, do you want them to stop!? Not to mention the fact that it could be pretty demoralising for them in the middle of their tour. They won't change it now, not much anyway, it's all planned and set up.

I'm going to put my hand up and say that though I can understand long term fans wishing things could be different, I don't agree with sending them letters, tweets anything like that. They will receive feedback anyway. They even read the boards sometimes themselves apparently. If they are already aware and haven't changed, they are going to continue to do it their way anyway. They are not going to be bullied. And have you ever heard of the expression "familiarity breeds contempt" because that's what I'm seeing here. As well as the other chestnut: "negativity breeds negativity". It's really sad.:(

Someone posted this:

if they dont change it up there are gonna be a hell of a lot of unhappy musers in the front rows of the upcoming gigs

Well let some other people have the front rows then! People who have never had that opportunity! Thanks!

And btw the set list was 1.45 not 1.30.

Sorry if I'm being outspoken but, I'm pretty gutted at reading this tbh.

You know what as well, they have considered not carrying on before, please don't encourage them to think in that way.:( Because to be honest if I was them I would be thinking "Fuck you" Sorry but that's what I think.

They used to put on the best live shows out there.

we are not asking for a 3 hour show. we are asking for a better setlist. at at the very least a mix in the setlist.

I think they should get over themselves to be frank. They think they are so big that they can be lazy and play the same over and over. wheres the creativity in love shows in that?

With the huge amount of songs they have, the current choice of live songs its incredibly poor. for the price of a ticket. the value is poor.

For the amount that has made gigs special in the past, which has now been dropped. poor.

we are a huge contribution to get where muse is today. we deserve a little more.

Exactly - how can they get any sort of satisfaction churning out the same songs night after night. I thought it was The Resistance tour - not the Muse Greatest Hits tour.

catastrophe? lol, they probably won't take hardly any notice of this.. judging by what ive heard anyways

Like I said, it's probably just the pessimist in me talking. I had very little sleep last night and today has felt like it's boringly dragged on.

But I dunno - maybe a kick up the arse is needed. It's been a long day and a lot of emotions rung up, particulary after Feeling Good.

Inside I'm still laughing at how 3 minutes and 30 seconds of music has caused so much outrage. :LOL:

Exactly. Festivals are where you win new fans, your own gigs are where you please the socks off all your current fans!

Hurray!:D

Some people literally grew up with the band. 10 years is a long time to be interested in something, they should take the fact we still care enough to moan to mean that we're still passionate about them. I hope they would.

They should. It got them where they are.

Also, judging by how many twitter campaigns have been done towards Muse in the past, this won't effect a thing anyways. Worst thing is, I know for a fact the band are aware we do them and of the points we make. But they ignore them :( So, we can be pretty sure the tweets won't upset them or change anything.

They can't build gigs for those people who travel to multiple gigs/countries per tour though, because they are a really small minority. The audience is those thousands that come from the destination country.

Well no, but then the other point someone made that tours generally tend to attract people who are already fans still stands.

They can't build gigs for those people who travel to multiple gigs/countries per tour though, because they are a really small minority. The audience is those thousands that come from the destination country.

Doesn't mean the whole setlist has to pander to that though. People are being realistic in hoping they would spare a few singles for an interesting song choice, alongside a solid 'standard setlist' that would please any fan.

Ok, 20 song setlist..... this isn't my ideal setlist, but just trying to work with what they've been doing to get an idea of how they could vary things without too much upheaval.

TR is the new album, so they'll want to favor that, Showbiz is old so maybe they're sick of playing those songs... and here's what I get:

6 tracks from TR

4 tracks from BH&R

4 tracks from Abso

3 tracks from origin

2 tracks from showbiz

1 bside

====

20 songs

The "Have to play" songs they've been favoring are...

4 from TR: Uprising, US, USoE, UD

4 from BH&R: Starlight, SMBH, KoC, Map

3 from Abso: SS, TiRO, Hysteria

2 from origin: PiB, NB

That leaves...

2 slots TR: GL, MKUltra, IBTY, Overture

0 slot from BH&R for: TaB, CoD and Hoodoo - so they'd have to get rid of one of the "have to"s, but they could easily switch out a different one per gig or only change them every few gigs

1 slot from abso for: SfA, TSP, B&H, RBS

1 slot from origin for: Bliss, SD, CE, HM and heck, even FG!

2 slots from showbiz for: MM, Sunburn, Cave, Unintended

1 slot for a b-side: Dead Star, the Groove, Fury, Jimmy Kane lol

And here I've only brought in like 3 songs they haven't played on the last tour. This is totally doable :yesey:

:awesome:

Was defending them up until today, the gigs look great and I am looking forward to London, but I'm sort of glad I'm only doing the two now. CBA with knowing what's coming next all the time. Argh, ditching Cave for Feeling Good. NOT GOOD.

Stop playing festival sets, Muse. These are YOUR gigs.

oooh i like that :yesey: it's so true!

If this upsets them, they need to grow some balls. It's needs saying. :)

:LOL: i agree 100% :p They're big boys, hopefully they can take a little criticism - and also realize that if we didn't like them and their music we wouldn't be bothered to complain, would we? The whining is a sign of affection :p

Please don't hassle them and send horrible tweets! It's nice that they do twitter, do you want them to stop!?

(if this makes them stop, then it makes them stop, but i imagine they are a little more thick skinned than that)

Not to mention the fact that it could be pretty demoralising for them in the middle of their tour. They won't change it now, not much anyway, it's all planned and set up.

(maybe they could surprise us and as least integrate some flexibility)

I'm going to put my hand up and say that though I can understand long term fans wishing things could be different, I don't agree with sending them letters, tweets anything like that. They will receive feedback anyway.

(twitter is an INHERENTLY powerful medium to give feedback, to ignore it is to do less than we can)

They even read the boards sometimes themselves apparently. If they are already aware and haven't changed, they are going to continue to do it their way anyway.

(and if they aren't aware?)

They are not going to be bullied. And have you ever heard of the expression "familiarity breeds contempt" because that's what I'm seeing here. As well as the other chestnut: "negativity breeds negativity". It's really sad.:(

(familiarity with the setlist breeds contempt for it)

Someone posted this:

Well let some other people have the front rows then! People who have never had that opportunity! Thanks!

(they have just as much chance as us, it's called getting there early)

responses in brackets

Please don't hassle them and send horrible tweets! It's nice that they do twitter, do you want them to stop!? Not to mention the fact that it could be pretty demoralising for them in the middle of their tour. They won't change it now, not much anyway, it's all planned and set up.

I'm going to put my hand up and say that though I can understand long term fans wishing things could be different, I don't agree with sending them letters, tweets anything like that. They will receive feedback anyway. They even read the boards sometimes themselves apparently. If they are already aware and haven't changed, they are going to continue to do it their way anyway. They are not going to be bullied. And have you ever heard of the expression "familiarity breeds contempt" because that's what I'm seeing here. As well as the other chestnut: "negativity breeds negativity". It's really sad.:(

Someone posted this:

Did you read Clunge's post on page 2? It's sensible, reasonable, and calm. Nothing wrong with it and quite true. We're not harassing them, neither are we sending horrible tweets. It's actually a decent discussion about what to do, so there is no need to go emo over the band's emotional state;)

Of course it may be demoralising, but they should turn that into something positive (as said by many before me): we do still care! And we care a lot.

Well, I don't mind really. They're music fans as us Europeans. 30 gigs in Europe is fair enough.

Yeh I know that but If you compare Europe and the States its fairly even ground. Muse'l have to play every state so that 50 gigs from the outset, and then to only play 30 in Europe even though the previous tour had more is a bit annoying

I understand that die hard long-term fans can get a little disappointed when they don't hear a song that they'd really like to hear live... but come on folks... get over yourselves. Muse is putting on the best live show out there... and listening to you whine is simply getting a little pathetic. If you want a three hour show... go see "Yes"... if you want 90 minutes of a great time... stick around.

Have you actually taken the time to read the posts on this thread?

Nobody has been complaining about not having their particular favourite song on the setlist. Muse is putting the best light and visual show but the live performance is not up to the high standard we know they can deliver.

We just want a decent varied setlist with a number of songs proportionate to the number of studio albums they now have. It's because we love Muse and we love their live performance that we are complaining - we want those epic performance back!

Archived