What Is Your Favourite Muse Album?  

1,471 members have voted

1. 1. What Is Your Favourite Muse Album?

Guest Sarah-x

i cant vote, because i honestly love them all, i go through stages of listening to the albums. it was resistance the last few months but i've gone back to all the b-sides :D

thats why i love them, so many albums to choose from!

Absolution. It's the album that got me into them, and it's just gorgeous. Even the heavy songs are really beautiful. It feels very "alien" to me (not sure how to describe it). OoS feels like that too but I feel like the second half of the album, except for "Megalomania", is really weak. Absolution is perfect for me, and I love the quieter/less heavy moments, and I think it has the best piano pieces :)

Showbiz is the worst for me. Matt's voice is intolerable for most of the album, and most of the songs are just laughably bad.

black holes and revelations. (yes. really.) its the most ambitious theyve ever gone without taking it too far (i think the resistance sounds like its trying just a bit too hard to be "epic") and the songs are much more complex and developed (again without taking it too far. "the resistance" was too programmed and thought out in my opinion. BH&R is brilliant becuase theyve really thoght out what theyre doing, yet still kept it reasonably raw) i know it sags a little around the middle, but it still contains a lot of their best songs and i just prefer the overall mood of the album

Origin of Symmetry is my favourite album because it has got everything and lots of good songs. I also like BHAR cos I think it has the best songs (Supermassive Black Hole, Starlight, MOTP, Invincible, KOC) and I really like Take a Bow and Glorious right now. However, it doesn't seem to be as good as an album as OoS

Favorite: absolution. ive gone back and forth so many times between OoS and absolution, but i think ive finally decided upon absolution because it was what got me into muse and it has the most of my absolute favorite songs.

Least favorite: the resistance. the first half of the album still doesnt do very much for me, but its hard to say that its my least favorite with exogenesis on there..but there you go..

Ok its been about 4 months and i have changed my mind

The Resistance isnt my favourite anymore (i loved it a lot cos it had just been released but now im over it haha!)

Before The Resistance came out, my favourite was Black Holes and Revelations, and now its my favourite again :D

Last time i couldnt decide what i thought was their best album. and i still cant!

It's either BHAH or OOS

i think mine is probably absolution. just.

because i love the overall vibe of the album, and how despite such a range - from the heavier rock songs like hysteria, stockholm syndrome etc to beautiful mellow songs like endlessly, falling away with you etc - it all somehow fits together so well without any song seeming out of place or not quite on par with the others

but then again, my favourite songs are all spread out across every album, and some are even b-sides

it also depends on your mood what album is best as well

so i'd rate the most recent 4 albums all very closely

• 4 months later...

Archived