What Is Your Favourite Muse Album?  

1,471 members have voted

1. 1. What Is Your Favourite Muse Album?

• 1 month later...
People will always have preferences, but I think what makes a good musician is its ambition and willingness to explore. I'm sure that if Muse did the past few albus OoS style or Absolution style, we'd be sick of them by now. I love how Muse isn't afraid of exploring outside of their comfort zone, and they take risks, but if they stuck to the same old thing, they wouldn't have come this far.

And I voted for The Resistance.:p

That's exactly my opinion! :yesey:

TR and OoS are my favs, close behind is Abso. I voted for TR because I never get tired to hear the entire album without skipping one song :awesome: and I really don't like Hyper Music, so...

hmm. these exactly!

voted for TR as well :)

Always a tough call, but I think i'll have to go for Resistance.

Least fav. Showbiz (not that it was bad, they were just new have gotten better as they grew)

It suprises me how many die-hard Muse supporters really rubbish it, and just want them to get over this sort of phase. Personally The Resistance really appeals to me, just the depth in the music.

Heaps of peolpe just want them to go back to the OoS style, which is widely regarded as there best. I don't deny it is a GREAT album, but listening to it through it does sound quote well... Same-ish. It seems to be more a collection of (yes, very good) songs rather than an well thought out album (tracklisting, highs and lows etc). I think Muse have been getting better and better at this, I mean I think the tracklisting on Black Holes and Revalations was brilliant, and always retains intrest from start to finish. It really annoys me people whojust want something that sounds like OoS again, if you want that then just put on OoS and listen to it. One of the main reason I love Muse is that they are constantly origional. I mean all with comparrissions to other bands (Radiohead, Queen) you can't deny Muse are different to any other band out there, and are moving in there own direction not following others.

The Resistance for me is just building on everything they have done, its bigger and more sophisticated - its denser. Yes tracks like Uprising, Undisclosed and Guiding desires are quite simple, they are also good (in my opinion of course) and every guitar solo literally knocks my socks off. And in some of the best tracks in the album (eg. Eurasia, Exogenisis) the musicianship is incredible.

I have very high hopes for the next one!

Always a tough call, but I think i'll have to go for Resistance.

Least fav. Showbiz (not that it was bad, they were just new have gotten better as they grew)

It suprises me how many die-hard Muse supporters really rubbish it, and just want them to get over this sort of phase. Personally The Resistance really appeals to me, just the depth in the music.

Heaps of peolpe just want them to go back to the OoS style, which is widely regarded as there best. I don't deny it is a GREAT album, but listening to it through it does sound quote well... Same-ish. It seems to be more a collection of (yes, very good) songs rather than an well thought out album (tracklisting, highs and lows etc). I think Muse have been getting better and better at this, I mean I think the tracklisting on Black Holes and Revalations was brilliant, and always retains intrest from start to finish. It really annoys me people whojust want something that sounds like OoS again, if you want that then just put on OoS and listen to it. One of the main reason I love Muse is that they are constantly origional. I mean all with comparrissions to other bands (Radiohead, Queen) you can't deny Muse are different to any other band out there, and are moving in there own direction not following others.

The Resistance for me is just building on everything they have done, its bigger and more sophisticated - its denser. Yes tracks like Uprising, Undisclosed and Guiding desires are quite simple, they are also good (in my opinion of course) and every guitar solo literally knocks my socks off. And in some of the best tracks in the album (eg. Eurasia, Exogenisis) the musicianship is incredible.

I have very high hopes for the next one!

I totally agree with you.

The Resistance has twice as many votes as Black Holes? :eek:

It's close between Origin and Black Holes for me. The latter probably edges it. Invincible made me a Muse fan so it was my first album and I still absolutely love it. Even the worst song (Starlight imho) is still more than okay. Supermassive Black Hole is very good and the other 9 songs are just brilliant. Assassin/Exo-Politics/City of Delusion/Hoodoo as consecutive songs? It doesn't get much better.

Origin also has 9 brilliant songs + one okay-ish (Darkshines) and one that I hate (Feeling Bad).

My muser heart belongs to Absolution. I can't tell exactly why but whenever I listen to it, there's this sort of 'completeness', where every song it's great itself but it's also linked to the general feeling of the album.

So if I have to choose the album that defines perfection in how it sounds and how it makes me feel about Muse, that's Absolution.

A little below Absolution, it's Blackholes and Revelations and I'm surprised to see the few votes it had in the poll. It's a great album to me and it has my favourite song from Muse.

can't believe Showbiz is behing TR :noey:

for me it is:

Absolution

OoS

Showbiz

BH & R

TR :erm:

but i have to say OoS & Abso are even, and sometimes i would rather one over the other... but not always the same.

Then i like more songs from showbiz than from BH&R, but BH&R has my favorite song there (MotP) so... :erm:

and TR.... :p LOL

Archived