Do you not like The Resistance?  

488 members have voted

1. 1. Do you not like The Resistance?

I don't like it much anymore. Exogenesis is my favourite Muse song, but everything else would struggle to get into my top 20. US is ruined by poor production, MKU is a nod to the old days (which I like) and is my second favourite.

Guiding Light, UD, and Uprising are unspectacular and just cheese at some points. USoE could have been top 10 if it wasn't so damn cringe-worthy(musically it's great). I like Resistance, it's a very good pop-rock track. IBTY is weird, because I like the track, but I seriously don't want them to take that direction in the future. As a one-off it's okay.

uurgh, I don't like moaning! I haven't heard this album in ages, so maybe that's why I don't like it as much anymore :LOL:

• 3 months later...
What exactly makes it their worst?

Well, it took me the longest time to get into The Resistance. At first I only liked the first three songs, and Exo. After a while I did learn to like USoE, US, MK, and IBTY. I mean, it's a great album, I just prefer the others more. That's just me though.

I actually like The Resistance > BH&R & Showbiz.

I don't think any of their albums can be considered "bad" it's all just personal preference. Although I definately don't love all of the songs on the album (Resistance, Undisclosed Desires, & Guiding Light) I like the album more as a whole over some of the others.

I'm kind of surprised by the lack of love. :LOL:

Origin & Absolution still pwn though.

lol, now i agree with this thread

TR definately helped in putting me off muse a bit and curing my obsession

My opinion is still the same. The Resistance is a big pile of overproduced and badly sequenced rubbish. Worst Muse album, definitely.

:yesey:

I like TR. A lot, actually.

So shoot me. It's different. :yesey:

:yesey: THIS. I don't get all the hate. TR is the first Muse album I listened to all the way through without skipping something (I'm looking at you, Darkshines, TOADA, Soldier's Poem!). Yes, Guiding Light is cheesy. Yes, Matt's French makes me :LOL::facepalm:. The Resistance has awesome tracks on it, not just Exogenesis. :happy: Do I like OoS and Absolution better? Yes, but TR is still good.

:yesey: THIS. I don't get all the hate. TR is the first Muse album I listened to all the way through without skipping something (I'm looking at you, Darkshines, TOADA, Soldier's Poem!). Yes, Guiding Light is cheesy. Yes, Matt's French makes me :LOL::facepalm:. The Resistance has awesome tracks on it, not just Exogenesis. :happy: Do I like OoS and Absolution better? Yes, but TR is still good.

Matt Bellamy even said that Guiding Light was based on cheesy stadium rock. IF you get the Resistance off Itunes, you'll see the quote on the EP ;)

+1

You win. :yesey:

Archived