Do you not like The Resistance?  

488 members have voted

1. 1. Do you not like The Resistance?

A lot of the songs in Resistance are actually pretty progressive and unusual.

Really?

The only song on TR that is remotely 'unusual' (none of it is particularly proggy) is MK Ultra, and even then, it's hardly anything new for Muse.

I love The Resistance as much as I do Absolution and Origin, but I wish people would stop holding Muse up as the pinnacle of innovation, change and modern progressive music. They just... aren't, at all :erm:.

Difference is that when it comes to the kinda of territory where Muse and Coldplay might concievably cross-over, Coldplay are far far far superior to Muse. Srsly, Muse have NOTHING on Yellow, Clocks, The Scientist and Fix You in terms of soaring, luvvy-rock anthems.

Coldplays last album was awesome. They finally wrote something that wasn't a dirge 95% of the time! I think I prefer it to Resistance on the whole actually.

I think VLV is easily Coldplay's worst album :LOL:. I find it physically difficult to listen to because it's so cringeworthy. Their first two albums will remain classics in my eyes.

Nahhh, Parachutes :yesey:. Such an honest, stella first album that - it reminds me an awful lot of Showbiz at times, I guess that was inevitable as Muse and Coldplay's paths crossed over a few times in their respective early days.

I love The Resistance. So what if it's pop? It's great pop.

Am I the only one who appreciates both their old and their new stuff?

You're not alone, its just people with problems speak up about them more than those who are happy chappies.

I love both, but my favourite album is Absolution by far.

Sir, you rock! Precisely how I feel, love all of their work, but Absolution is my favourite. I actually like they keep a balance between things (agree that live shows aren't balanced enough in regard to big hits/fans favourite songs) :)

Resistance actually has quite an odd structure:

intro

verse

chorus

verse

chorus

bridge

build up

ending

and I think it's a pwopa choon

This. Just because a song has a chorus doesn't automatically make it a 'standard' song structure.

That makes you sound even more like a conceited, fucked-up bitch :LOL:

I wonder why.

Ironic irony is ironic. :happy: "My opinions are right". That opinion is incorrect.

Hooray for pointlessly bitching :awesome:

God, I love this forum.

:rolleyes: Because clearly, I was being serious. Please note the use of the wink smiley. If you look back, you are the only one who overreacts. I don't even get why you even said the original post in the first place. Calm down. And if you seriously think that I actually care about songs people like on an internet forum, you're mistaken.

Methinks you're taking this all a tad to srsly, yo'.

Indeed.

:rolleyes: Because clearly, I was being serious. Please note the use of the wink smiley. If you look back, you are the only one who overreacts. I don't even get why you even said the original post in the first place. Calm down. And if you seriously think that I actually care about songs people like on an internet forum, you're mistaken.

Indeed.

...Maybe it's difficult for people to tell when I'm joking...Yeah. :stunned:

If it wasn't for bands like Muse doing albums like BH&R and TR, music overall would be shite. Imagine a world in which progressive people like Jimi Hendrix never existed. Boring much? Their newer stuff may not be everyone's cup of tea, but if they made the same style of album all they time, they would be just as interesting and innovative as Nickelback. :supersad:

Archived