Do you not like The Resistance?  

488 members have voted

1. 1. Do you not like The Resistance?

This new single is going to be mainstream as hell, it will probably hurt your ears if you ever listened to a muse album pre-2009

Isn't that something that belongs more to the Share Your Controversial Opinions thread?

Its not necessarily Resistance I mean.

This new single is going to be mainstream as hell, it will probably hurt your ears if you ever listened to a muse album pre-2009

That's just ignorant opinion because Muse isn't your "secret cult fav OMG" band anymore.

Guiding Light's most redeeming quality is that it doesn't sound like other Muse songs, unlike Unnatural Selection and Uprising. It may be over the top, but thats what Muse do best.

I prefer over the top in a dramatic way, not in a boring way.

GL is still better than Invincible.

Invincible > GL :phu:

And USoE > > > GL

I prefer over the top in a dramatic way, not in a boring way.

Invincible > GL :phu:

And USoE > > > GL

Boringly over the top? Doesn't make much sense to me. I will say Guiding Light is more exciting than US though!

Invincible was always one of those "guilty pleasure" songs for me, and I can't quite say the same about Guiding Light. At least with Invincible, I have fun listening to its cheesy guitar and belting out its cheesy chorus. Guiding Light doesn't have that charm. I don't necessarily hate GL, but it's most certainly my least favorite song on the album.

The only other Resistance track I'm not very keen on is USoE. Yes, Muse can be over-the-top at times, and I don't necessarily mind that, but parts of USoE are just plain silly. Not to mention that it's lyrically terrible, and lyrics were hardly Muse's strong point to begin with.

Everything else on the album I either enjoy or tolerate.

Boringly over the top? Doesn't make much sense to me. I will say Guiding Light is more exciting than US though!

"Boringly over the top" in the sense that he just sings way too melodramatically over a slightly uninteresting beat. If they're going to do OTT, I prefer songs like USoE. I can see why you don't like US.

This thread is absolutely shit.

That's nothing new.

This thread is absolutely shit.

:yesey: Not to mention redundant. Everyone's just saying the same things over and over.

"GL is shit"

"It's better than USoE, that's just plain silly!"

"OTT = Bad"

:rolleyes:

Elements i agree with, it does seem, apart from the Exogenesis symphony that the soul does seem to have dissapeared slightly, as opposed to pieces like, Newborn, Sunburn and Ruled by Secrecy.

And yes the whole politics thing going on has been pushed in this album, more than ever, and it can be slightly irritating.

Now I know they have to evolve as a band, otherwise they would never create music as good as Origin Symmetry. But evolving, isn't going from creating such masterpieces like Space Dementia, Micro Cuts, Showbiz, Map of the Problematique, Stockholm Syndrome and not using a standard song template (Intro, Verse, Chorus, Bridge, Verse, Ending), as seen in Resistance, Starlight, Uprising, Mk Ultra (which actually is a good song!), or to make horrific power ballads *cough Guiding Light and Invincible!*.

I still like The Resistance but it is my least favourite of the albums, and maybe suffers for the fact that its the first album they have produced on they're own. The lack of original and quality guitar riffs is annoying (Unnatural Selection just doesn't pull off guitar based, episodic rock, like Citizen Erased did). Guiding Light is a joke, and United States of Eurasia is overblown and far too 'Queen'esque' for my liking. And where is the high, wailing voice Bellamy!?

:yesey: Not to mention redundant. Everyone's just saying the same things over and over.

"GL is shit"

"It's better than USoE, that's just plain silly!"

"OTT = Bad"

:rolleyes:

Inorite. How fucking boring.

And all chat here is irrelevant given what we new about the album at the time of thread creation. It's all extreme bullshit.

Archived