Do you not like The Resistance?  

488 members have voted

1. 1. Do you not like The Resistance?

I'll probably get killed for this!:LOL: So I'm bracing myself.:LOL: Maybe some people's souls haven't fully grown yet! It has been mentioned several times how intense Matt was when he was young, with an old head on young shoulders, speaking of deep and meaningful things in a way unusual for his age and maybe this is also true of other youngsters, but for most of us ordinary mortals :LOL: I think, perhaps, it takes a bit of time to grow up enough emotionally to be moved by such things. I think it certainly took me a while!:$ Not to say that older people always develop any depth in their feeling because I don't think they always do.

Now I'm going to hide and watch the "Making of DVD"!:D

Has anyone but me thought the Resistance kinda fails? The songs, sure, are unique but they don't really sound like it. You know how you have really stand-out unique, brilliant sounding songs e.g. plug in baby, knights of cydonia, stockholme syndrome.

Well, nothing on the Resistance stands out. As I look back from listening nothing is in my mind, apart from USoE. Just feel like listening to older albums :/

:$

SOunds like a bunch of fucking b-sides.

It’s symptomatic of ‘The Resistance’ as a whole: conceptually impressive but musically all too familiar. And while not their best, it’s decent enough to ensure there’ll be more – even though the truly off-the-wall moments are either rare or misguided, meaning the record feels slightly anonymous. So next time, guys, can you just go nuts?

Ditto this from NME. Well, pretty much the whole article.

Archived