Do you not like The Resistance?  

488 members have voted

1. 1. Do you not like The Resistance?

Yeah, I've looked at a few more...

-Time is Running Out doesn't have the bass riff

-Stockholm Syndrome doesn't have the guitar riff

-B&H doesn't have the piano solo,

-Invincible doesn't have the solo

It's really not fair to judge an album on 30 second samples from a random point in the song.

I looked all over the room and saw no elephant. Maybe there's a momma elephant in the next room who's about to give birth to this so-called elephant. I hear her due date is September 14th. Let's wait until then to judge this album.

:LOL: love that metaphor :awesome:

seriously everyone, calm your horses (more with the animal analogies? :facepalm: lol)

anyone who thinks there will be no redeeming quality to the album whatsoever (that is if you dislike it based on 30 second clips) is basically looking for something to hate or any chance to critique muse. And frankly, i have no respect for these people. If you're looking for faults, perhaps you should express your greivances somewhere other than a MUSE FORUM. We're all here for the same reason, so if you are here to bash anything and everything rather than appreciate what the band has accomplished you must be trying to start a feud and you are wasting your time.

/endrant :p

but noone can excuse why there is a massive queen refrence, its terrible throwaway makes me feel cheated, muse could have did the album without this wantin refrencing of tacky glam stadium pop rock

Muse are tacky glam stadium pop rock. Ok well they're more Cheesy glam stadium pop rock, but they're 80% there already so what does it matter? Muse were being compared to Queen on Absolution. Now they're just referencing those influences. What's wrong with that?

hi

I simply dont get the comparison between muse and queen, of different times and music style, muse are like a heavier more accessable radiohead* mixed with classical and metal dance even

they have of late used their trade mark squeaky produced phased vocal that is blatenly a queen device, not muse who used a similar style like most bands in the past for urgency

queen have a few great songs but I rate muse higher than the pop rock of queen of which they are most famous, I rather have their blues rawer debut stuff, muse are experimenting with what ? copying queen vocals?

the album release excites me, I have ordered the ltd edt boxset I believe I wil be wrong about these negatives that I have arrived at from what Ive heard so far

I hope muse bring a new string to their bow and the result is phenomenal as their output of the past ;)

*this comparison is redundant as the queen one but a wildly used one too

The Resistance isn't that good.

In fact no Muse album has been.

Aint news.

Oh yes, that album we haven't heard. Yep. It's awful eh?

May I nominate this thread be renamed as the "Insanity thread"? It'd be a nice contrast with the Sanity thread.

The Resistance isn't that good.

In fact no Muse album has been.

Aint news.

I'm interested in why someone would regularly contribute to their fan board if they don't think Muse are that good!

But then maybe it was meant to be a joke.

I'm interested in why someone would regularly contribute to their fan board if they don't think Muse are that good!

As long as you have a genuine opinion on the band, then you are welcome here.

This is the Muse messageboard, not the Muse fan site; thats muselive.

Umm because they enjoy insulting people's intelligence?

It's kind of fun, except they're going about it the wrong way, they've mistaken opinions for intelligence.

As long as you have a genuine opinion on the band, then you are welcome here.

This is the Muse messageboard, not the Muse fan site; thats muselive.

Yeah that's fair enough, it's just that I don't think I would bother to register on the board of a band or performer I didn't like - because I wouldn't be interested in talking about them, but then that's just me.

I haven't particularly taken notice on any particular individuals, just the posts themselves, but had that query in my mind when I read that one.

Just what I heard so far like on USofE the lyrics are political and lacking subtlety. It's like Matt's trying to force his opinion down my throat. I had a similar vibe with "Take a Bow" and "Soldier's Poem" as well. I don't Matt knows how to do subtle anything.

These are the the type of comments someone gets whose gay and is accused of shoving it in others faces when in fact 99% of the influences around everyone are straight!

Archived