Do you not like The Resistance?  

488 members have voted

1. 1. Do you not like The Resistance?

Considering I've paid money for all the albums I DO get a say about what is Muse and TR to me isn't real Muse. Too bad if that offends your fanboyish sensibilities.

Again, no, you don't. At. fucking. all.

You get a say in what sells, what is popular. That's it.

Seriously, I know you're just trying to be that radical voice on the boards, but you'll be SO much better received if you at least consulted logic once in a while.

You don't seem to understand. Beauty lies not in political agitation songs, but in songs about ordinary life like "Map of Your Head". Maybe when you get past 30 years old you'll understand that.

Well if your so old and wise, i'd figure you'd no better to patronize people, its just looking for an argument.

I'm listening to "Hyper Chondriac Music" and wondering if anything on TR can measure up to this sublime beauty.

Oh my gawd yes, why can't Muse just make more songs like this? I mean, it's not like Matt has been working on Exogenesis since the OoS era, that's not possible because they're not Muse anymore. I absolutely hate how they try new things, they should just stop.

Again, no, you don't. At. fucking. all.

You get a say in what sells, what is popular. That's it.

Seriously, I know you're just trying to be that radical voice on the boards, but you'll be SO much better received if you at least consulted logic once in a while.

I'm not claiming to have all the facts as I haven't listened to TR in full - but from the amount that is available I'm not liking any bit of it and that's VERY troubling. Why would I have any interest in trashing it considering I love what Muse has done to this point? Think about that. I'm not the only one VERY disappointed with what I've heard so far.

Get your pessimism away from this forum! You'll make it dirty.

+1

I agree.

You joined what? 2 days ago?

Is your whole reason for coming here was to start dissing Muse? BEFORE you heard the album?

Wow! Your "after-30" wisdom is impressive.

Oh my gawd yes, why can't Muse just make more songs like this? I mean, it's not like Matt has been working on Exogenesis since the OoS era, that's not possible because they're not Muse anymore. I absolutely hate how they try new things, they should just stop.

I might just buy Exogenesis from iTunes.

I'm not claiming to have all the facts as I haven't listened to TR in full - but from the amount that is available I'm not liking any bit of it and that's VERY troubling. Why would I have any interest in trashing it considering I love what Muse has done to this point? Think about that. I'm not the only one VERY disappointed with what I've heard so far.

Wait... what?

I said to consult logic and then you throw one of the classic logic fallacies at me...

Not liking it and being disappointed are fine. Have at it.

Not what I said at all.

I can't help it.

Every time someone starts trashing Muse just because they like the sound of their own voice, -- I can't help but to defend them. Never thought I'd have to do it here, of all places.

What? I'm just saying that I love everything they've done through 2008 including Royal Albert Hall and I don't like what I've heard from the 30 second samples and the full 2 songs. What is so hard to understand about that? Why would I have some horrible motivation to trash the new album?

What? I'm just saying that I love everything they've done through 2008 including Royal Albert Hall and I don't like what I've heard from the 30 second samples and the full 2 songs. What is so hard to understand about that? Why would I have some horrible motivation to trash the new album?

On that note, I think we should close this "debate". :LOL:

Of course! :) The best friend that is 15 years your younger. :LOL:

lol lol lol lol!!!!

I never even looked at your age!! HA! HA! HA!!

Oh, well. When I start feeling old and miserable, I remind myself that Muse are from my generation, and they are still rocking just fine!

lol lol lol lol!!!!

I never even looked at your age!! HA! HA! HA!!

Oh, well. When I start feeling old and miserable, I remind myself that Muse are from my generation, and they are still rocking just fine!

That's the spirit! Nice to know I sound like a 30 year old though. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

So..........you like BHAR. Shocking.

How long have you liked Muse? A month? Are you trying to give yourself some kind of authority by hating new material after "loving" BHAR? You are a fascinating creature.

How long have you liked Muse? A month? Are you trying to give yourself some kind of authority by hating new material after "loving" BHAR? You are a fascinating creature.

+1

I am still laughing!!!!!

Should we ask her if she likes Twilight?

A truly fascinating specimen... :chuckle:

Trust me, it's better than some 30 year olds we've been talking to, who sound like they are 12!

Lol... *coughcough*...

I've been into Muse for 2.5 years now. Heaven forbid I'm not one of the "original" 10-year old fans. So what? I've listened to all the songs and like most of them. There's just something OFF about TR.

I read somewhere in this topic that the Resistance is just writing music from an already existing Genre that millions know about! :LOL:

Whoever said that really doesn't understand how music works....

The album isn't out yet, you just have 30 second samples which do not give any form of music justice let alone muse. Go listen to the 30 second samples for Citizen Erased or Mircocuts, like hell they make me think just from the 30 second clips this is an awesome song.

Archived