Nope. But people like to get their knickers in a bunch by speculating. My guess is a new song, because that would be smart, marketing-wise.

Uprising, :LOL:

USoE is still the best suggestion by far.

Where's that quote from earlier in the thread...

EDIT: Found it!

Bella: But Pattie, why can't I see you AND Jacob!? I mean, we could have a threes..

Pattie: THEREEEEE CAN ONLYYY BE ONEEEEEEEEE!

:awesome:

:awesome:

But the sequences he's readying for the event -- one, an action scene that will feature some of those effects, the other, a love scene sure to elicit hysteria from the crowd -- will be done in time.

Let's hope that they aren't hinting that Hysteria is in New Moon.

This marks the second time Muse will contribute to a Saga soundtrack. Their "Supermassive Black Hole," which you'll recall accompanied the baseball scene in "Twilight," was also the opening track to the movie's album. Author Stephenie Meyer is a devoted fan of the band, often using their songs as inspiration while writing. She lists no fewer than four songs, among them "Hyper Music" and "Apocalypse Please" as unofficial playlist tracks for "New Moon." .

God this Twilight/Muse thing makes me angry.

Its horrible to think Meyer got her inspiration from Twilight from Muse. I don't know where in Muse they mention anything to do with sparkling vampires, pedophiles and stalkers.

It looks really pathetic to have Muse throughout the films, Supermassive Black Hole did not work in Twilight and no Muse song will work in New Moon. :mad:

God this Twilight/Muse thing makes me angry.

Its horrible to think Meyer got her inspiration from Twilight from Muse. I don't know where in Muse they mention anything to do with sparkling vampires, pedophiles and stalkers.

It looks really pathetic to have Muse throughout the films, Supermassive Black Hole did not work in Twilight and no Muse song will work in New Moon. :mad:

amen.

So if someone has never heard of Muse before, and they hear Uprising on the radio and decide to investigate further and discover the awesomeness that is Muse, are y'all Twi-haters gonna crucify them, too? I really don't see how that would be any different than discovering Muse through a book or movie. Just because you don't like the book or movie is irrelevant.

Oh, God! Oh, no! Oh, shit! Oh, fuck. It really and truly is the apocalypse isn't it? Muse and Radiohead in the Twilight soundtrack? SMeyer just wants to kill everything.

Do i have to post a massive rant again or are we all going to grow some sense.

Oh, God! Oh, no! Oh, shit! Oh, fuck. It really and truly is the apocalypse isn't it? Muse and Radiohead in the Twilight soundtrack? SMeyer just wants to kill everything.

It's Yorke that's making new songs and offering them for New Moon. Meyer isn't killing anything. She doesn't even decide the music for the films. She just wrote the books.

Oh. I thought that they actually picked songs off her playlist, or that she got a say in what went on the soundtrack.

I don't know. I suspect she does get a say, considering the muse songs in the movie, but it's unlikely the music is finally up to her really.

I personally don't have a problem with Muse being in the Twilight/New Moon soundtracks. I respect Muse, and I respect their decisions. I do understand why it upsets fans when Muse is referred to as "the twilight band" or every time SMBH is heard, the fangirls scream "omg twilight!"...That is quite annoying and unnecessary.

I don't feel that because someone dislikes Twilight it automatically bans someone's favorite band from being part of the movie.

I happened to enjoy the books. The movie wasn't so great, but rather than getting all giddy over Edward like most did during the movie..instead I got really giddy when I heard SMBH start up.

But regardless of who associates them with Twilight, or who only knows 2 songs, there will always be the Muse fans who appreciate them for who they are and appreciates their music with heart and soul. So really, why worry about the small things? :happy:

I don't know. I suspect she does get a say, considering the muse songs in the movie, but it's unlikely the music is finally up to her really.

Yeah, I remember watching Comic-con footage last year, or whenever Twilight was set to come out, and they were talking to Catherine Hardwicke and she said they had just been given a Muse song to use and Stephenie had just found out from Catherine about it and I don't think they got to pick and choose what song to use. It sounded like they were given SMBH and just tried to figure out where they could place it in the movie.

Honestly, and don't kill me here..

I actually thought the books were okay.. Definitely not on par with other series, but it was an amusing read...

Twilight the movie, frankly wasn't that great. I mostly went to hear SMBH in a giant theatre in surround sound. :D

What really annoyed me was that so many Twilight fans heard SMBH and immediately were all, "OMG THIS BAND IS TEH BEST CAUSE STEPHENIE MEYER LURVES THEM AND THEY WERE IN TEH AWESOME MOVIE!!!!" And then they claimed to be real Muse fans. Like hard core ones. I don't have a problem with people who heard SMBH and are all, "yeah, I like Muse. they're okay." But the people who hear like 3 Muse songs, like Hysteria (OMG THIS SONG IS PERFECT FOR BELLA AND EDWARD!) or really mainstream ones and believe they're uber-fans who're just like SMeyer...that really really frustrates me.

Although I do think it'd be funny if Hyper Music (which I don't really like tbh) were in New Moon..and all the fans who "loved" SMBH were like, "wtf is this s***? this isn't Muse!"

I've just read "New Moon" (becuase I don't like judging a book/song without reading/hearing it) and during the read I thought about scenes they can put a Muse song in it.

I didn't really found something fitting. I guess if they chose a heavy song it will be in one of the Voltury scenes, and if they chose something slow and relaxed it will be when Bella is depressed (Which is most of the book :p)

Actually, I think that if there a Muse song that should be in a movie it is "Take a bow". It will be the best movie beginning in the world!

"you know that I don't love you and I never did? I don't want you and I never will?" Uhh... do they even think about the lyrics before putting them in the movie? XD

Pah, obviously just putting it in there because it's Muse and not because the song has any actual relevance. Same for Apocalypse Please. XD Then again, more Muse in Twilight is a bit of a disaster... :facepalm:

Archived