They didn't kill MCR yet. :)

There's still hope.:D

:confused:

:'(:noey::moody: eh, not really.

Actually, MCR were approached to do a song for Twilight, and surprisingly enough, they declined. They are so much more fitting for teen vampire movies than Muse, so needless to say, I was rather confused :erm:

Actually, MCR were approached to do a song for Twilight, and surprisingly enough, they declined. They are so much more fitting for teen vampire movies than Muse, so needless to say, I was rather confused :erm:

Any reason why they declined? MCR is much more popular amoungt young teen girls than Muse.

MCR doesn't really appeal to the sparkly vampire type though. :LOL: They might just be busy working on their new album.

Any reason why they declined? MCR is much more popular amoungt young teen girls than Muse.

I read about it quite awhile ago, so I don't remember 100%. I think their reasoning was that they wanted to distance themselves from the whole gothic image of theirs (which is true; the band members are all pale as heck and dress in black pretty much all of the time), so they opted out of it.

But yeah, I agree with you that MCR are more popular with young teenage girls than Muse are, hence why they would have been a more fitting choice!

MCR doesn't really appeal to the sparkly vampire type though. :LOL: They might just be busy working on their new album.

As I mentioned in my response to mrs_bellamy_, MCR has a pretty gothic/emo image, which alone would appeal to sparkly vampire-worshipping teens.Though I heard that they have changed their image recently, so I don't know if that applies anymore.

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if this article has been posted here (or on any other anti-Twilight thread) already, but this is particularly :facepalm:. The title alone warrants many :facepalm:s.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1616256/20090714/muse_uk_.jhtml

Jul 14 2009 5:03 PM EDT

'Twilight' Fans Rejoice: Muse To Perform At The Video Music Awards

Stephenie Meyer's favorite band is scheduled to take the stage on September 13.

On September 13, the MTV Video Music Awards will return home to New York City, taking over spots all around the Big Apple, including the iconic Radio City Music Hall. Outrageous Brit Russell Brand will once again be serving as the emcee, and the show will feature high-powered performances from the likes of Taylor Swift and Muse.

It will be the British art rockers' first U.S. TV appearance, and they'll be unveiling "Uprising," the first single off their much-anticipated album, The Resistance. And while they might not be a household name in the States just yet, we're betting that's going to change real soon, thanks in no small part to a little series of books called "Twilight."

Any member of Team Edward (or Team Jacob) can surely tell you that Muse are Stephenie Meyer's favorite band (:facepalm:)— she thanked them for their inspiration and called them "rock gods" in "New Moon" and "Eclipse," and then decided to dedicate "Eclipse" to the band for providing "a saga's worth of inspiration." Their "Supermassive Black Hole" also appeared on the soundtrack for the "Twilight" film.

But, perhaps not everyone who's read the books is aware of the full impact the band had on Meyer ... their music even influenced key scenes in the series, as she told MTV News last year.

"I was in Forks [Washington, the city where 'Twilight' is based] with my sister — before any of the books had come out, just sort of scoping it out," Meyer said. "I was working on 'Eclipse' at the time, and I had [Muse's album] Absolution in, and 'Hysteria' came on and, in my mind, the kiss scene between [bella] and Jacob just choreographed itself, down to how many steps he took toward her. So whenever I read that now, I always hear the song in my mind." (:facepalm:) And you thought they were just another English band.

The 2009 MTV Video Music Awards will take place on September 13 at 9 p.m. ET. Nominees, celebrity presenters and additional performers will be announced in the coming weeks. To be the first to find out the inside scoop, follow the official Inside MTV Twitter account at Twitter.com/insidemtv.

Interestingly enough, most--if not all--of the comments to this article were all anti-Twilight as well. :p

Not sure if this article has been posted here (or on any other anti-Twilight thread) already, but this is particularly :facepalm:. The title alone warrants many :facepalm:s.

On September 13, the MTV Video Music Awards will return home to New York City, taking over spots all around the Big Apple, including the iconic Radio City Music Hall. Outrageous Brit Russell Brand will once again be serving as the emcee, and the show will feature high-powered performances from the likes of Taylor Swift and Muse.

It will be the British art rockers' first U.S. TV appearance, and they'll be unveiling "Uprising," the first single off their much-anticipated album, The Resistance. And while they might not be a household name in the States just yet, we're betting that's going to change real soon, thanks in no small part to a little series of books called "Twilight."

Any member of Team Edward (or Team Jacob) can surely tell you that Muse are Stephenie Meyer's favorite band (:facepalm:)— she thanked them for their inspiration and called them "rock gods" in "New Moon" and "Eclipse," and then decided to dedicate "Eclipse" to the band for providing "a saga's worth of inspiration." Their "Supermassive Black Hole" also appeared on the soundtrack for the "Twilight" film.

But, perhaps not everyone who's read the books is aware of the full impact the band had on Meyer ... their music even influenced key scenes in the series, as she told MTV News last year.

"I was in Forks [Washington, the city where 'Twilight' is based] with my sister — before any of the books had come out, just sort of scoping it out," Meyer said. "I was working on 'Eclipse' at the time, and I had [Muse's album] Absolution in, and 'Hysteria' came on and, in my mind, the kiss scene between [bella] and Jacob just choreographed itself, down to how many steps he took toward her. So whenever I read that now, I always hear the song in my mind." (:facepalm:) And you thought they were just another English band.

The 2009 MTV Video Music Awards will take place on September 13 at 9 p.m. ET. Nominees, celebrity presenters and additional performers will be announced in the coming weeks. To be the first to find out the inside scoop, follow the official Inside MTV Twitter account at Twitter.com/insidemtv.

Interestingly enough, most--if not all--of the comments to this article were all anti-Twilight as well. :p

I just signed up to MTV.com just to write some bad comments on these twilight-muse-articles. :LOL:

:eek::mad:

You can't really blame her for being a fan though, I mean she's just like us and loves Muse just as much as we do. It just so happens her books were turned into movies which caught on to the demographic of teen girls who think Muse is just a Twilight band. If anything, I'm more pissed at the media (specifically MTV) for associating Muse with Twilight. But you have to admit, if it wasn't for that movie, MTV would have never caught on to them and let them perform at this years VMAs and they wouldn't be getting the push that they're getting now in the States. I just wish that it wasn't that damn movie that inspired their push.

You can't really blame her for being a fan though, I mean she's just like us and loves Muse just as much as we do. It just so happens her books were turned into movies which caught on to the demographic of teen girls who think Muse is just a Twilight band. If anything, I'm more pissed at the media (specifically MTV) for associating Muse with Twilight. But you have to admit, if it wasn't for that movie, MTV would have never caught on to them and let them perform at this years VMAs and they wouldn't be getting the push that they're getting now in the States. I just wish that it wasn't that damn movie that inspired their push.

It's great that she's such a passionate fan and all. What really gets to me is how Muse can be such a huge inspiration for such mindless drivel. I would think that their music would lead to the creation of something more unique and interesting, rather than something that's been done so many times before with nothing new to offer. Just how many teen vampire romance stories do we need?

And I agree with you on your point about what the media is doing. It sucks how Muse have been around for so long and were never mentioned as much as they are now with their connection to Twilight. I would hate to see the band being labeled as the "Twilight Band" for the rest of their career. Hopefully with the release of the new album (which IMO is amazingly brilliant), that will all change!

And I'll be tuning in for their performance at the VMAs for sure. I'll just change the channel once they're done their set ;)

2 Muse songs in Twatlight ? :pope:

:'(:'(:vomit::srsb33f:

well yeah,stephenie is a big fan of MUSE as you know and she said that she would love if MUSE could do a song for any part of the Twilight saga....

one thing that i would like to say is that not all Twilight fans like only smbh,some of them became big fans of MUSE,i just don't like that MTV calls them "The Twilight band" but that won't last forever......

well yeah,stephenie is a big fan of MUSE as you know and she said that she would love if MUSE could do a song for any part of the Twilight saga....

one thing that i would like to say is that not all Twilight fans like only smbh,some of them became big fans of MUSE,i just don't like that MTV calls them "The Twilight band" but that won't last forever......

hopefully :stunned:

:LOL:

They mention Radiohead but no Muse in that article which is odd considering how much of a publicity fuss that they like to do with Muse. Maybe the impossible happened and Matt rejected having a song in the soundtrack even though that's doubtful since commercial exposure is what pretty much all bands want.

Unless you're Tool.

Will the vampires be playing water polo to a clarinet solo?

http://www.mtv.co.uk/film/twilight/news/154660-exclusive-muse-for-new-moon-soundtrack

Muse have told MTV Two that they’re likely to feature on the soundtrack to New Moon- the latest Twilight instalment.

Speaking to Zane Lowe the group revealed that they’ve recently spoken to the film’s director Chris Weitz about recording a new version of a song from their album The Resistance.

Singer Matt Bellamy revealed: “I spoke to the director yesterday (and) he wants the track I Belong To You, the sort of vaudeville piano track.

“He wants a rendition of that but the only thing with the new film is they want the songs to be exclusive to the film. So he’s asking if I mind doing, or if we mind doing an alternative version of it.”

Asked if they were up for it Matt said: “I think it’s alright- if it was one of the main tracks on the album I would never do it. But it’s actually one of the weirder tracks on the album.

“(It’s) one of the can't believe we got away with it kind of tracks. I think it might be worth giving it a go cos it’s a track that might not get played live very often… one of the obscure tracks off the album so it might give that track some life that it wouldn’t have otherwise.”

Muse’s hit Supermassive Black Hole featured in the first Twilight film- giving the three piece exposure in the States.

Dom from the band said: “It’s opened it up in some kind of way, millions of people listening to Supermassive Black Hole that have probably never heard our band before- which is not a bad thing.”

He added: “They have all gone bloody vampire mad over there seriously, it’s crazy!”

Death Cab For Cutie are also on the New Moon soundtrack with filmmakers hoping to get Thom Yorke and Bon Iver on the disc too.

I will never be able to laugh at that song again.

Thankfully it's not UD or Resistance.

well it would be a different version. I would like to hear an alternate version of I Belong To You (it will probably be much poppier though)

EDIT:

maybe twilight just wants muse to admit that "I belong to you, twilight"

Archived