I think Muse agreed to let Twilight use their songs mainly cos of the fact that they don't want to snub Stephanie Meyer, who seems to be quite a hardcore Muse fan. Imagine you were in Meyer's position and really wanted your favourite band to contribute a song to a movie adaptation of your book. If the band refused because they didn't like your work, you would feel pretty crushed, right? Like not only is something you've been working really hard on being criticized, but the fact that it's being criticized by people who you look up to, that's even worse.

I'm not ecstatic about Muse being on the soundtrack to these rubbish films either, but I'm thinking that perhaps this was just a way of saying thanks to Meyer by the band for being such a dedicated fan and for using the band as inspiration for her novels.

'Sides, I think Matt might have been hinting at something when he was saying how he would never use any of the main tracks for the movie. ;)

hyper music clearly fits

u kno that i dont love you, i never did, i dont want you, and i never will???

thats quite a big part of the plot of new moon, edward pretending he doesnt care about bella anymore, so i can see how they are linked lol

I think Muse agreed to let Twilight use their songs mainly cos of the fact that they don't want to snub Stephanie Meyer, who seems to be quite a hardcore Muse fan. Imagine you were in Meyer's position and really wanted your favourite band to contribute a song to a movie adaptation of your book. If the band refused because they didn't like your work, you would feel pretty crushed, right? Like not only is something you've been working really hard on being criticized, but the fact that it's being criticized by people who you look up to, that's even worse.

I'm not ecstatic about Muse being on the soundtrack to these rubbish films either, but I'm thinking that perhaps this was just a way of saying thanks to Meyer by the band for being such a dedicated fan and for using the band as inspiration for her novels.

'Sides, I think Matt might have been hinting at something when he was saying how he would never use any of the main tracks for the movie. ;)

If that's how they're thinking its really sweet of them and they are (almost) forgiven!:p Nah, obviously they need to make their own choices, I expect it will be okay, but it is a great song - the original version - not sort of dispensible anyway, in my view.:( We will still be able to listen to both versions, obviously, so hopefully not much is lost, plenty gained!:)

PS If it's a correct transcript taken from the interview, I think Matt appears to be hinting that he's all that happy with the "Twilight band" label! Supermassive was one they considered a main track, I think.

Twatlight_by_zimeta08.jpg

DPNmGa4ybk36l9taagPRGBOYo1_400.jpg

got a bit more

4236_797316424417_8648705_49193530_1174991_n.jpg

:LOL:

P.S. Interview with a vampire = awesomeness. :)

P.P.S. No, i didn't draw it, found it on a facebook group.

:LOL: WIN. We need to have a Twatlight picture thread :LOL:

This. This is exactly what I was thinking after I dug a little deeper when SMBH and now IBTY were used in the Tw(at)light movie.

These are perfect.

What else should I say... :facepalm:

How much bites do you need more?

For how many ages will I be your whore?

You're my pasty bloodsucker

I've traveled half the US to say

"Please spare my veins"

:LOL: yay! another fan that likes to make Muse paradies! :LOL:

Right... I'm all confused.

What is going on New Moon?

I want to scream the lyrics in the Cinema again like I did the first time I saw Twilight (I went 7 times then realized it was crap:$)

That Bella/ Count pic is made of win

I'm think about doing that for NM :LOL: talk about how the rest of the movies rubbish and then just belt out the Muse song. Too bad there isn't any fellow musers where I live :(

:LOL:

Interview with a vampire > Twilight :yesey:

The vampire Chronicles - now that what I call a great vampire series :yesey: Really well written and captivating stories...

Lestat > Edward

Give me tall, broody and dangerous over glittery sorry meant sparkly and dull any days of the week!!

Much as I like the track, they've chosen about the least cinematic song they've ever done.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/entertainment/newsid_10000000/newsid_10001800/10001849.stm

and if it's used in as pointless a way as Supermassive Black Hole was in the first movie, it'll be a big pile of ugh anyway

ah well, I'm hoping their ultimate cinematic track 'Exogenesis Pt 1' will eventually be used in a much better movie.

Is it really that hard to scroll down a few threads? :(

well it's actually 30 threads down and on another page (the one a few threads away doesn't specifically mention I Belong To You is being used, which is why I thought it was a new topic)

you people are ever so welcoming to people who don't post much aren't you..... ;)

well it's actually 30 threads down and on another page (the one a few threads away doesn't specifically mention I Belong To You is being used, which is why I thought it was a new topic)

you people are ever so welcoming to people who don't post much aren't you..... ;)

Sorry lol, it's just I've seen about 5 posts about the same topic.

Archived