http://hollywoodcrush.mtv.com/2009/07/20/new-moon-soundtrack-confirmation-prime-your-ears-for-muse-radiohead-band-of-skulls/

:stunned:

If only we'd had Alice's prescient powers, we would have seen this coming. After months of speculation about which artists will be featured on the "New Moon" soundtrack (Kelly Clarkson maybe? Or Jasper himself, Jackson Rathbone? What about Lee Safar and Kings of Leon?), we finally have word from director Chris Weitz as to a few of the artists gracing the album. According to The L.A. Times, Muse, Radiohead and Band of Skulls will appear on the much-thirsted-for soundtrack.

This marks the second time Muse will contribute to a Saga soundtrack. Their "Supermassive Black Hole," which you'll recall accompanied the baseball scene in "Twilight," was also the opening track to the movie's album. Author Stephenie Meyer is a devoted fan of the band, often using their songs as inspiration while writing. She lists no fewer than four songs, among them "Hyper Music" and "Apocalypse Please" as unofficial playlist tracks for "New Moon."

Brit band Radiohead is also a favorite of the author. Though they don't appear on Stephenie's "New Moon" playlist, their seminal "Creep" crept on to the author's unofficial "Twilight" playlist.

The lone "Twilight" franchise newcomer among the bunch is Band of Skulls. The British alt-rock band formed in 2008 and released their first album, "Baby Darling Doll Face Honey," in March.

Though we have yet to find out which songs will be used for the album, it's nice to know which artists we can expect to hear from. It's a welcome, though not all-together surprising, list thus far.

I don't like the sound of that.

Chris, Dom, Matt: Do something! :eek:

and i've actually read the book ( a crying shame i know)

Muse doesn't fit in... at all! Especially Hyper Music, can't really see that....:LOL:

I'm not too confident that songs like Hyper Music & Apocalypse Please will have the same attraction as SMBH to the fan-girls anyway....

Yeah! They aren't typical 'hit-songs'.

Hopefully the one or the other fangirl will think "Hey, that's pretty good", buys an album like BHaR or Oos and gets a fan? You never know... ;):LOL:

Hyper Music doesn't fit at all
:LOL: i agree. neither does Apocalypse Please. I hope Sing for Absolution makes it, because i don't really like it anyway. Same with Unintended. Fangirls can have those if they want :p btw i thought that from the start Unintended would be in one of these movies

:LOL: i agree. neither does Apocalypse Please. I hope Sing for Absolution makes it, because i don't really like it anyway. Same with Unintended. Fangirls can have those if they want :p btw i thought that from the start Unintended would be in one of these movies

:'( Not S4A! Why not Starlight :awesome:

Yeah! They aren't typical 'hit-songs'.

Hopefully the one or the other fangirl will think "Hey, that's pretty good", buys an album like BHaR or Oos and gets a fan? You never know... ;):LOL:

Oh yeah. That's me. :shifty: Used to be a Twilight fangirl. Watched movie. Heard SMBH. Bought BHaR. Heard the rest of album. Became a Muse fan instead.

And now, thanks to that, I've given up all that Twilight crap completely. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I don't see AP or HM being as popular as SMBH anyway. They're songs that you either like, or don't like. I like them a lot, but a whole heap of screaming, adolescent teenagers may not.

Hope the songs aren't used. Putting such good bands like Muse and Radiohead into shitty young adult movies is a waste of talent and time.

Oh well. What a shame. :facepalm:

Oh yeah. That's me. :shifty: Used to be a Twilight fangirl. Watched movie. Heard SMBH. Bought BHaR. Heard the rest of album. Became a Muse fan instead.

And now, thanks to that, I've given up all that Twilight crap completely. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I don't see AP or HM being as popular as SMBH anyway. They're songs that you either like, or don't like. I like them a lot, but a whole heap of screaming, adolescent teenagers may not.

Hope the songs aren't used. Putting such good bands like Muse and Radiohead into shitty young adult movies is a waste of talent and time.

Oh well. What a shame. :facepalm:

A converted fangirl? you mean there's hope?

I doubt it will be an old song. Usually soundtracks are a way for corporations to advertise their acts. I mean, it's rare that the songs on the soundtrack are actually featured in the film itself. :rolleyes:

It will most likely be a The Resistance track.

I'm not completely happy about this. I don't care who listens to Muse and who is an "new" fan, but I don't like the idea of Muse being labelled "the Twilight band", especially since they haven't had a proper American breakthrough yet.

For the record, I actually have to thank Twilight for making me love SMBH. I was always kind of meh about it until I saw the film and the baseball scene which was by far the best scene in the film. The books are utter crap though.

I doubt it will be an old song. Usually soundtracks are a way for corporations to advertise their acts. I mean, it's rare that the songs on the soundtrack are actually featured in the film itself. :rolleyes:

It will most likely be a The Resistance track.

I'm not completely happy about this. I don't care who listens to Muse and who is an "new" fan, but I don't like the idea of Muse being labelled "the Twilight band", especially since they haven't had a proper American breakthrough yet.

For the record, I actually have to thank Twilight for making me love SMBH. I was always kind of meh about it until I saw the film and the baseball scene which was by far the best scene in the film. The books are utter crap though.

I would lol if all of the sudden I hear "EURASIA ...SIAAAAAAAaAaaa" in the middle of new moon :LOL: and watch the fans go ::eek: "wtf is that?!"

Loved the books, couldn't care less if Muse are used on the sound track.... I think you'd have to be a bit of a crazy stalker fan to care to be honest, Muse having new fans can only be a good thing for Muse.

Yes, but you've got to doubt the sincerity of these new "fans" when they say "OMG Muse are my favourite band - they're in Twilight!"

Archived