well it would be a different version. I would like to hear an alternate version of I Belong To You (it will probably be much poppier though)

EDIT:

maybe twilight just wants muse to admit that "I belong to you, twilight"

It'll probably have all the humour and style sucked out of it and be turned into a bland ballad :( though I wouldn't mind if they came out with something weirder, like a Mariachi version!

I was trying to be all rational, like 'it brings in new fans, that cant be a bad thing'

but then i saw their using IBTY

...:eek:

... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :supersad:

people will take this song entirely wrong now:( and it was one that you probably needed to be in the right head space for, like realising it was all tounge in cheek and such as said above, they'll suck all the humor out :(

dammit:mad:

I love that song so much too :stunned:

and re-recording? WTF :mad: ... :rolleyes:though that probably makes sense, they will probably cut the french aria *sigh*

http://www.newmoonmovie.org/category/new-moon-soundtrack/

OH LORD! GOD HELP US ALL!

First Muse!

Afterwards Radiohead!

And now the Killers!

You can't do this to us! :'(:'(

Edit: Tracklist of Soundtrack will be announced that friday...

I like The Killers and I'm registered on their boards... over there they aren't quite amused. They are interested in a new track, as they were when TK did a track for Spiderman 3 (Move Away, can be found on Sawdust, quite a gritty piece) but most of them aren't impressed at the use.

I'm worried if Muse think they should use the Twilight remix of I Belong To You as the live rendition of the song, and not play the hilarious French opera bit and bass clarinet solo.

I can see it now.

I Belong To You / New Moon Mix

Then they'll listen to the original and hopefully be turned off.

=> http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/

:awesome: clairvoyant skillz!

Quite nice collection of artists there, though. I really couldn't care less about people worrying about credibility and reputation and stuff (yeah, well, I'm a lolfan...I mean..."fursplode" :LOL:) but this soundtrack will definitely sell a few copies...Muse, The Killers, Editors, Thom Yorke, Death Cab for Cutie, Lykke Li...:happy:

I can see it now.

I Belong To You / New Moon Mix

Then they'll listen to the original and hopefully be turned off.

YOU WERE RIGHT :stunned:

We are excited to finally announce ALL the songs that will be on the New Moon Soundtrack!! All of the music is original, and exclusive to the soundtrack.

DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE — MEET ME ON THE EQUINOX

BAND OF SKULLS — FRIENDS

THOM YORKE — HEARING DAMAGE

LYKKE LI — POSSIBILITY

THE KILLERS — A WHITE DEMON LOVE SONG

ANYA MARINA — SATELLITE HEART

MUSE — I BELONG TO YOU (NEW MOON REMIX)

BON IVER & ST. VINCENT — ROSYLN

BLACK REBEL MOTORCYCLE CLUB — DONE ALL WRONG

HURRICANE BELLS — MONSTERS

SEA WOLF — THE VIOLET HOUR

OK GO — SHOOTING THE MOON

GRIZZLY BEAR — SLOW LIFE

EDITORS — NO SOUND BUT THE WIND

ALEXANDRE DESPLAT — NEW MOON (THE MEADOW)

:facepalm:

First there was MUSE!

The only band on my mp3-player for a couple of years! (I like radio and audiobooks... And LOVE MUSE)

Then came a vampiremovie I just had to go see, because I am a sucker for bloodsuckers. Always have been...

This vampiremovie had some great music, and the baseballscene was awesome! Even to a "grown-up" feeling a littlebit stupid going to a "teen-chick-flick". I am 34 and a mother of two...

I realized I had to check out these Twilight-books. (The were quite unknown in Norway at the time) It took a few weeks, and then I bought New Moon. I loved it!

So I ordered the whole series from USA (The last two not out in Norway yet)

I read all of them in a very short time, and have continued reading them for three quarters of a year now.... Simply insane! Iknow! I've read all of them four times, and heard all two times on audiobook. Actually I like Breaking Dawn, the best, so I have heard it three times...

So you see: Muse indirectly made me a Twilightfan. I do not scream and gush over Robert Pattinson, poor kid, but I do get my share of gossip. I will be at the New Moon-movie on opening-night! I do find several of the cast members attractive and I am a member of more than one twi-site:$

This whole unleashing of my inner fan, and embracing my inner teenager and apreciating the feeling of being a part of something nice, eventually made me join in here as well. Earlier I just bought the CD's, and enjoyed the music.

I have come full circle:) I can happily love both! And indulge myself in writing letters on websites, way past bedtime, which has never happened before this craze. Maybe it is a midlife-crisis:LOL:

I just think it is rather cool that this really famous author loves Muse as much as I do!

I will love the New Moon track as well!

=> http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/

:awesome: clairvoyant skillz!

Quite nice collection of artists there, though. I really couldn't care less about people worrying about credibility and reputation and stuff (yeah, well, I'm a lolfan...I mean..."fursplode" :LOL:) but this soundtrack will definitely sell a few copies...Muse, The Killers, Editors, Thom Yorke, Death Cab for Cutie, Lykke Li...:happy:

:eek: How the hell did meyer get so many artists to go along with this? I'm quite shoked to see Thom Yorke there

I'm SO happy they didn't take Resistance. If there was a sighing smiley face, I would use it 1500 times. Man I'm SO glad theyused the 'weakest' song on the album! Phew phew phew! Now that thats off my chest...wheres the interview of Matt talking about the Twilight books?

They mention Radiohead but no Muse in that article which is odd considering how much of a publicity fuss that they like to do with Muse. Maybe the impossible happened and Matt rejected having a song in the soundtrack even though that's doubtful since commercial exposure is what pretty much all bands want.

Unless you're Tool.

tool rool

Because not everyone hates Twilight, including Matt Bellamy and Thom Yorke, it would seem.

I'm still mega excited.

Either that or they got offered big bux, personally, I prefer the latter :)

and cool you're excited...though I might suggest not to go see it the first week or two, or else you'll be stuck with manic fangirls squealing every second at pattinson's face :LOL:

but hey, it gives muse more US exposure...so I can't complain too much :p

I doubt it will be an old song. Usually soundtracks are a way for corporations to advertise their acts. I mean, it's rare that the songs on the soundtrack are actually featured in the film itself. :rolleyes:

It will most likely be a The Resistance track.

It's I Belong To You - a New Moon remix. They wanted it to be recorded specially for the soundtrack.

edit: sorry, that had already been said - but i hadn't seen it yet. xDD.

I'm SO happy they didn't take Resistance. If there was a sighing smiley face, I would use it 1500 times. Man I'm SO glad theyused the 'weakest' song on the album! Phew phew phew! Now that thats off my chest...wheres the interview of Matt talking about the Twilight books?

I would go the fuck off if they took Resistance.

Archived