Ah ok. Yeah that should work. Although, if you're losing subtleties in your tone, boosting isn't going to bring them back.

It's not really subtleties, it's moreso that the volume and strength of the signal goes way down. At the moment, i'm just evening it out with a SHO at about 50%, but even that's too much gain cos the SHO isn't a clean boost.

The .73 yellow ones.

Dunlop .73 Tortex's.

It's not really subtleties, it's moreso that the volume and strength of the signal goes way down. At the moment, i'm just evening it out with a SHO at about 50%, but even that's too much gain cos the SHO isn't a clean boost.

Dunlop .73 Tortex's.

ah ok. have you tried just using the level control on the kp?

yeah, doesn't make any difference. it's grand for the moment. i'll build a box, and try a microamp and a lpb-1 on it and see.

or maybe a tube boost...... hmmmmm.......

which inputs are you using? i'm using the line in and line out and the level control works really well. maybe it's because mine is in the fx look with would be at line level.

i'm using the line input/output, but then i can't remember which mode i put it on... i remember one mode muted it unless you touched the pad or had it on hold, and the other didn't. I reckon yours is on the first mode, which is why you don't get the issues i do. If it's in the fx loop on that first mode, the effect would only kick in once you touch the xy pad.

Ugh, i want a kp2 instead of a mini... and a new amp...... and more parts..... and a dominos...... oh! and a new phone......

Guest LateForTheSky

MBK-1 or MBK-2? or is there something even better?

I have a problem with my guitar in that i can't get any clarity with distortion so my playing can end up sounding muddy

I mostly used Guitar Rig and my mate's effects processor. And I want to get some new effects on Christmas. That would be distortion, wahwah, phaser/flanger, pitch shifter. What could you recommend from not very expensive, nor shitty stuff? :)

I'm sure it was asked a thousand times before, but it's quite hard to search a huge thread. Well and times and prices change, so :)

What is the correct positions for my wrists to be in when playing piano/keyboards?

for white notes = aim to get the the middle of your palm over the edge of the keys,

for black notes= aim to get your wrist over the edge of the keys.

Happy learning!

(however there is no "right" technique)

question for the pedal builders (and maybe a few other people)

First, this is aimed at Haze or anyone else who knows fuzz pedals. What is the best fuzz face type pedal available today?

Second, for the pedal builders. My other option is building my own (highly unlikely)...would it be worth hunting down some NOS parts? I really don't like the sound of the new fuzz faces. I think they used different parts throughout the years as well. Not sure which is the best sounding version..

and I really don't want to spend $800+ an original :stunned:

First, this is aimed at Haze or anyone else who knows fuzz pedals. What is the best fuzz face type pedal available today?

Second, for the pedal builders. My other option is building my own (highly unlikely)...would it be worth hunting down some NOS parts? I really don't like the sound of the new fuzz faces. I think they used different parts throughout the years as well. Not sure which is the best sounding version..

getting in some NOS parts will probably get you a nice ff if you are ok at assembling.

a quote from "guitarist" magazine:

the Fuzz face from the inside...

"its more for the boffins and anoraks who want the original ones" - Denis Cornell on NOS Transistors in a fuzz face. (He worked on the original fuzz face)

also "they haven't changed much to this day" - Denis Cornell on the whole line of Fuzz faces.

i would scan it for you, but i dont have a scanner.

its the Nov 09 issue of "Guitarist"

Has "FUZZ" written on the front with Jimi's blank stare goading you on!

e|-----------------------------|

B|-----------------------------|

G|--9------9------9------9-9-9-|

D|----9------9------9----------| x4

A|------10-----10-----10-------|

E|-----------------------------|

All P.M

e|----------------------------|

B|----------------------------|

G|--7------7------7-----7-7-7-|

D|----9------9------9---------| x4

A|------9------9------9-------|