Someone on muselive brought this up!

Pièce de Résistance is a French term (circa 1839), translated into English literally as "piece of resistance", referring to the best part or feature of something (as in a meal), a showpiece, or highlight. It can be thought of as the portion of a creation which defies (i.e. "resists") orthodox or common conventions and practices, thereby making the whole of the creation unique and special. The phrase gives the sense that the referred-to element is the defining essence of the whole, that part that makes it memorable or gives it its unique character.

but when i think of resistance i do think of a powerful, motivational type sound. Im expecting hard pumping, ear-bashing, space prog that will blow our minds.

:happy:

I'm expecting this to be a heavy/beefy album, a much more serious album than BH&R.

No Rich Costey to ruin another Assassin by saying "Too heavy" :erm:

He'll probably read a book on it next and then write an album about it.

Unless Alex Jones rings him about it, or the ex-Canadian defence minister. We know he likes his oddbods :rolleyes:

Lolwot. I kinda hope it's a ridiculously OTT progtastic concept album.

Me too! Concept album FTW!

hopefully the title also means it is going to be muse's 'Pièce de résistance' meaning it will be their greatest album :)

And bad reviews will be titled 'Piss de Resistance'.

I'm excited by the imminent album

Almost sexually

:$

Pièce de Résistance is a French term (circa 1839), translated into English literally as "piece of resistance"

omg izzit? :eek:

I like the title, I don't see how anyone can think it's any more pretentious than BH&R. :LOL: S'good, s'good.

Most probably. I'm actually interested you know lolz :LOL:

Well don't invest in any books just yet, just get Matt to buy one and then make an album to teach us all about it! :awesome:

lol facetiousness ftw

The title probably isn't a reference' date=' but a general reference to the resistance against...whatever theories Matt's into these days. Apparently some sort of Eurasian superstate...[/quote']

Hmm. I don't care what theories Matt's into though, or any sort of fucken superstate. It's boring. I could just get a book and pluck lyrics out of it, you know? It isn't saying anything to me. Luckily I don't take lyrics too seriously and have often overlooked cringey-ness in Muse's lyrics. But sometimes it's too much and all it boils down to is this (and I've been saying it since OoS came out) - I listen to Muse to hear epic, amazing music. If I wanted to read someone's ridiculously overblown conspiracy theories I'd read a book by David Icke.

I'm getting all hyped up and I should go and have lunch and chill. I know it's their band and their album, and I know I'll buy the damn thing because I'll always love them. But too much of this shite is what let the last album down and I'm just sayin'. *reserves further judgement until it comes out*

This is why I've grown to dislike all the codes. What was once a fun task has turned into such twattery trying to find references in what is ultimately an album title.

Chillax guys. Music first. References second.

Bah, I don't really care what it's about... for me it's all about the music, and good on them if they come up with an abstract album title that has an obscure, deeper meaning, but I wouldn't mind if it was called Banana either.

Anyone see this on NME?: tickets:

* May 22, 2009 at Providence, Brighton - Check availability

* May 22, 2009 at Queens Hotel, Bridlington - Check availability

* May 22, 2009 at Rios, Leeds - Check availability

This was at the end of 'the resistance' article o_0.

Are not Muse shows.

11 pages nearly 12 in an hour and a half! I LOVE YOU MUSE BOARD

god i can't wait

What a brilliant title for the album

it had me worried

but its ok now!

How exciting

and cann't wait to hear USE

oh wow i just noticed the name of the song, its acronym to USE.... mUSE they are up to something

as we find more titles out i'm gonna take the first letters of each word and see if it spells something

lol i'm such a MUSE Geek :LOL:

11 pages nearly 12 in an hour and a half! I LOVE YOU MUSE BOARD

god i can't wait

What a brilliant title for the album

it had me worried

but its ok now!

How exciting

and cann't wait to hear USE

oh wow i just noticed the name of the song, its acronym to USE.... mUSE they are up to something

as we find more titles out i'm gonna take the first letters of each word and see if it spells something

lol i'm such a MUSE Geek :LOL:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

That can't be a coincidence!

Archived