I don't think it has anything to do with the french resistance. Read this:

The Resistance Manifesto

Matt is a fan of Alex Jones, of infowars. He wore that Terror Storm shirt quite a bit a couple of years ago, promoting Alex Jones' documentary, Terror Storm. Alex has endorsed this book so I do believe that the theme of the title may be based around this. Far beyond coldplay I must say..

Eh. I'm not for Christianity or any of that. All the wonderful things and pleasures of being alive are NOT 'sins', ot something to be made to feel ashamed about. The only sins are infliciting suffering upon another human being.

There's no need for war and hunger. It sickens me to see people so caught up in petty grievances, or out and out wars. WHY? Because people are different to them, for power games, or they're just unpleasant people? It's so STUPID. People need to rseriously re-evaluate whats important.

Humans don't know everything, as recent discoveries more than underline. There's no need for the horrific

problems that plague 'modern life'. Look outside, the sun's shining. THAT'S real. All the grievances and problems and environmental issues are man-made. WHY? Why can't we all get along? People are starving, dying, fighting. It doesn't have to be like that. There's so much joy and happiness in being alive that is choked and spoilt by people's small-mindedness, intolerance, pettiness and downright stupidity. Money is a very large part of the problem. You can't tax or control the air we breath, the sunshine we feel, the right of everyone to be safe, happy and fed.

This planet is amazing. Wonderful, and full of secrets and mysteries people can never catagorise and understand. The oceans, everything. We're guests here. One day people are gonna realise that and stop destroying it.

TLDR

Wow! That was awfully quick :D

This is the album cover:

image004.jpg

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

but when i think of resistance i do think of a powerful, motivational type sound. Im expecting hard pumping, ear-bashing, space prog that will blow our minds.

Orchestra on the tour. That's all I want.

The Resistance Manifesto

Matt is a fan of Alex Jones, of infowars. He wore that Terror Storm shirt quite a bit a couple of years ago, promoting Alex Jones' documentary, Terror Storm. Alex has endorsed this book so I do believe that the theme of the title may be based around this. Far beyond coldplay I must say.

A bit sad though don't you think, just using your album to promote what someone else (just one person!) has to say?! "Oh y'know, I've read 1984 and this chap's website, so we thought we'd base everything about our album on that." I mean, letting books influence your music, fair enough, but actually taking the titles? How pretentious, and I normally don't mind a little bit of pretention...

Lolwot. I kinda hope it's a ridiculously OTT progtastic concept album. i.e. please say they're using this as part of a mad story or something. Otherwise it'd be a bit sad, trying to get half-arsed Illuminati conspiracy commentary into the consciousness of the music-buying public. FFS. It's what the older generation must've felt like about the Manics' pretentious politicial bollockywankery. At least they knew what they were talking about. :LOL:

Still, I'm probably getting ahead of myself and must resist (lol) letting the titles affect my opinion of the music, which is probably going to be spot on...

A bit sad though don't you think, just using your album to promote what someone else (just one person!) has to say?! "Oh y'know, I've read 1984 and this chap's website, so we thought we'd base everything about our album on that." I mean, letting books influence your music, fair enough, but actually taking the titles? How pretentious, and I normally don't mind a little bit of pretention...

Lolwot. I kinda hope it's a ridiculously OTT progtastic concept album. i.e. please say they're using this as part of a mad story or something. Otherwise it'd be a bit sad, trying to get half-arsed Illuminati conspiracy commentary into the consciousness of the music-buying public. FFS. It's what the older generation must've felt like about the Manics' pretentious politicial bollockywankery. At least they knew what they were talking about. :LOL:

Still, I'm probably getting ahead of myself and must resist (lol) letting the titles affect my opinion of the music, which is probably going to be spot on...

Yeah I'm hoping its not to overtly political or like trying to push one specific message on us... i would hate for it to be solely about this 'resistance manifesto' stuff

Diversity is what like about them.... then again it is self-produced.... it could be really wierd...

aggh! im scaring myself now!:eek:

Guest QueenOfNerds
Yeah I'm hoping its not to overtly political or like trying to push one specific message on us... i would hate for it to be solely about this 'resistance manifesto' stuff

Diversity is what like about them.... then again it is self-produced.... it could be really wierd...

aggh! im scaring myself now!:eek:

Yeah it would be a little self centered to think that we should believe in the same stuff. I hope it isn't that!

Well still excited though, hope they announce a single soon.

The Resistance Manifesto

Matt is a fan of Alex Jones, of infowars. He wore that Terror Storm shirt quite a bit a couple of years ago, promoting Alex Jones' documentary, Terror Storm. Alex has endorsed this book so I do believe that the theme of the title may be based around this. Far beyond coldplay I must say.

I had a read thru the site and yeah it speaks about conspiracies and secret societies but some of the stuff don't really seem to fit...

Over the years there have been many doomsday predictions and theories often spawning bizarre tales of UFOs and “the grays,” or “the reptilians.” Some ideas either being blatant works of fiction or written by clearly mentally deranged people

Doesn't really with matt's previous UFO's and alien talks...

The facts, ideas, and analysis of Prophecy by The Resistance was founded on the Holy Bible and the teachings therein. The very term “resistance” will likely come to encapsulate the omnipresent Resistance for Christ.

Not really in line with their belief...

But wouldn't be the first time they get their inspiration from books (i.e. OoS, Hper Music for example)

Anyway enough rambling :LOL: wherever it comes from I just like it and can't wait to listen to "The Resistance"

Archived