Simulation Theory tour discussion

Jobby

I'm a bit concerned with their live performances overall since The Drones Tour ended.

I feel as if they aren't playing their songs with the authority, confidence and professionalism they used to.

The delivery seems a bit more sloppy at times and... yeah I don't know.

I've looked back at some early performances of Drones songs recently and it was just a higher level overall.

Also Matts microphone technique gets worse and worse, I feel. Vocals cuts out back and fourth in a way that just doesn't sound very good, it doesn't have the "volume compensation" effect I assume he's aiming for.

I will be interesting to see if it gets better once they start a more proper, longer and on-going tour again.

Not a fan of the clothing so far either. Matts basically had the same kind of cloths as he's wore since Drones tour ended, so you don't get that thought-out visual profile thing, so to speak.

Maybe they're waiting for the real album tour to begin... but yeah, I'd wish something else than bomber and souvenir jackets of different kinds, anyway.

Being nostalgic about the Drones tour.

Times sure are changing.

Something interesting to point out, in that Radio X thing, Matt actually said that Resistance never stuck with people live like he thought it would but that people in the US seem to like it so they keep it around up there. Slightly more tenuous but he didn’t seem overly keen on UD live to me either, when asked about the song in general he sorta pulled a face as if he was stretching a bit and that live “it’s alright”.

Maybe won’t be around as much next tour?

Edit: also VERY loose tie but the question of celebrating the band’s 25th anniversary and 20th anniversary of Showbiz in the form of live shows (no love for TR’s 10th lmao) was put to them at the iHeart thing and Dom said “we probably should”, probs suggests they haven’t thought of anything but maybe will who knows

Being nostalgic about the Drones tour.

Times sure are changing.

Ohhh, I’ve seen this coming a mile off, just wait for the main tour to start off.

“At least on the Drones tour we had heavy songs, wtf is this shit”

“Can’t even be arsed to play heavy songs in full anymore lmao”

“Why do they have to wear such silly, poppy outfits now? so cringe”

(For the record, I’m not saying this from a high horse, I’ve been just as bad over the years :chuckle:)

Edited by Jobby

Yeah, I'm assuming they will have 2 setups, one for arenas and one for stadiums, and that they all have that catwalk. Some of the maps probably just aren't updated yet.

from what i have been told by a reputable source, the stage is going to (somehow) be (relatively) the same for both arena and stadium gigs.

You will excuse me if i am wrong about what i am going to ask now.

I've seen somewhere that for the purchase of Simulation Theory on its pre-sale, you will get a CODE when it comes to purchase tickets for the concert.

Does anyone know anything about this ?

Thank you beforehand.

Hi all,

I just posted a thread about seated tickets that I have to sell now because I can't make it anymore 🙄😭.

Selling them at cost price and promise there's no drama, just good tickets for the exact price i got them.

Thanks guys!

Henna