Drones World Tour: The Movie

Fair enough, but it's still only only thirty seconds or so here and there, and of course it was going to be marketed to some extent. Maybe I'm just missing the point because I couldn't care less about seeing it anyway, but you've literally seen like two or three riffs that you knew were in there anyway. I saw HAARP in the cinema and I don't think seeing, for example, the SBH or TIRO intro beforehand, would have had any effect on my enjoyment of the experience.

I may be kinda selfish but why are they giving people some "highlights" of the show (or at least highlights of the songs teased : the heavy part of Globalist, the intro riff of Psycho, which contains the very first notes of the show, the climax of Knights, which is the closer) basically for free?

I get that the movie will be streamed out somewhere one day but as someone who will see the movie (and then pays for it) it's a little bit jarring to know that EVERYBODY can see those highlights before the airing.

I probably shoudn't give a sh*t but hey what do you think?

Putting the highlights in the teasers is most likely done because of how good those moments are. They know that people will look at them and think, "Wow, these guys are actually pretty good. Perhaps i should watch this film." And of course the trick works pretty well on non-musers for that reason - they don't know what to expect.

I mean I'm sure you don't really fail to see my point. That the word "exclusive" is pretty meaningless today isn't news, and it certainly doesn't work when it's uploaded on social media at the same time as it's reported by one news site.

Yeah, it's basically a cheap buzzword at this point.

Most of you will not be aware of this but Muse and their management have agreed to an appeal for missing Andrew Gosden to be screened before the Drones Tour film in cinemas on July 12, 2018.

Andrew, a huge Muse fan, went missing from Doncaster (South Yorkshire) in September 2007 at the age of 14. Andrew will be 25 on July 10, 2018 and has now been missing for over 10 years.

This is an image of the appeal that will be screened before the film:

banner-new-image_orig.jpg

Andrew's family are extremely grateful to Muse for this incredible gesture to help find Andrew.

More information about Andrew can be found here:

http://helpustofindandrew.weebly.com/

He pretty much says it’ll end up on streaming services tbf. Knowing them, it’ll probs take about 2 years though. Also what’s this ‘never before seen augmented reality’ bollocks? You’ve put some CG effects in the drones, get tae fuck :LOL:

More interesting to me was that the next single will be ‘topping off the event’. Might just be funny wording but it could imply it’ll be connected somehow.

I didn't even read the interview until just now, and went on what the other poster said about the release. I feel vaguely sad, but I just can't be arsed most of the time anymore. :(

His use of "augment reality" seems like just really awkward wording, basically just saying they were able to augment the visuals, not that it's any special tech or anything.

Just fixing one of the things they failed on.

Which I still believe falls somewhere between just plain weird and downright shady considering this is supposed to be a showcase of what a Muse gig looks and feels like.

I didn't even read the interview until just now, and went on what the other poster said about the release. I feel vaguely sad, but I just can't be arsed most of the time anymore. :(

His use of "augment reality" seems like just really awkward wording, basically just saying they were able to augment the visuals, not that it's any special tech or anything.

Just fixing one of the things they failed on.

Which I still believe falls somewhere between just plain weird and downright shady considering this is supposed to be a showcase of what a Muse gig looks and feels like.

Yeah to me it just felt like a phrase to avoid simply saying they make it look better than it was in real life by adding things that weren't there.

"So in a way it’s a kind of enhanced and more complete version of the show that we’re doing on the film"

Yeah, basically visual autotune.

The editing is overbearing but I'd rather have that than the filming for Rome.

There's a very distant washed out look to the whole thing though. Kind of mechanical and cold. It actually fits the environment really well though so whether it was the band or editor's decision that was clearly the vibe everyone gets from the tour which is unfortunate.

did i hear some guitar mistakes in the full psycho video?

Yes, I heard that too! I was like "ouch!" and for one second, the flying drone(s) were white like in the real concerts, about mid-way in the clip. It took so long to finish this film, yet they still make such mistakes? I wonder if Handler is included and if Matt plays the riff correctly :rolleyes:

I am not impressed by Psycho at all, I won't go to the cinema to watch it and now I am happy I don't.

Edited by Claudia O.

Guys! He said there won't be a DVD!!!!! :$:eek:

Man if that's true I am so glad that my nearest cinema to my town finally added this to their listings, I'd have had to travel two hours for a screening and I was not going to do that for a film. It's been five years since I've seen them in the flesh - I'll take whatever I can get for convenience's sake! :(

The editing is overbearing but I'd rather have that than the filming for Rome.

Really? ‘Cos I never thought I’d catch myself praising Rome over another film but, annoying black & white/couples snogging shots aside, it looks gorgeous.

Really? ‘Cos I never thought I’d catch myself praising Rome over another film but, annoying black & white/couples snogging shots aside, it looks gorgeous.

I think those were only there for the sake of transitions between cut songs (and Explorers)

It looks gorgeous because the concert looks gorgeous, not for the impressive directing.