Drones World Tour: The Movie

Finally got round to watching it 😅 (I haven‘t seen it at the cinema)

Firstly, why did they cut Map (pretty sure it was played at those gigs?) and Munich Jam as well? And the second piano slot ( we got Feeling good in Vienna) ??

Then, I had to get used to the style of filming, still no fan of it! The later edited Drones looked a bit .. well .. weird, knowing how they looked like at the actual gig 🤔

I think the athmosphere wasn‘t captured that well, I wanted to see more of the stage from above, more audience action, more focusing on Matt or Chris or Dom for longer than a few seconds .. and more of the audience! They got  pretty much silenced most of the time!

But I enjoyed Globalist and Take a bow 😍

Edited by Claudia O

Yeah, they had quite dark faces, shadows .. at least at the beginning. A bit too over-produced for me. There was some shaking going on, maybe to add to the theatrical aspect? At times it looked like a broken videotape-recording .. Need to watch it again. Who has watched it?

Edited by Claudia O

They put a filter on the whole video and it looks bloody ridiculous. Can’t take it seriously at all when it looks like someone’s first project in photoshop when they thought clicking to add an effect was editing

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 1/4/2020 at 12:17 PM, Claudia O said:

Finally got round to watching it 😅 (I haven‘t seen it at the cinema)

Firstly, why did they cut Map (pretty sure it was played at those gigs?) and Munich Jam as well? And the second piano slot ( we got Feeling good in Vienna) ??

Then, I had to get used to the style of filming, still no fan of it! The later edited Drones looked a bit .. well .. weird, knowing how they looked like at the actual gig 🤔

I think the athmosphere wasn‘t captured that well, I wanted to see more of the stage from above, more audience action, more focusing on Matt or Chris or Dom for longer than a few seconds .. and more of the audience! They got  pretty much silenced most of the time!

But I enjoyed Globalist and Take a bow 😍

I am not sure but it feels like the tv-version is a bit edited from the cinema version. Since it was some time ago I watched it in the cinema I might be wrong but here is what I feel is different. When I watch it in a cinema in Stockholm they had signs warning about the "flashing" lights in the movie (epileptic seizures)  Those scenes seems to be edited away.  I read that you felt that the atmosphere wasn't capture in the TV-version and I have to agree a bit to that. I saw  the concert movie in a new movie theater in Stockholm with absolute state-of-art  sound (dolby atmos) and picture (HFR high frame rate). Compare that to a 720p  tv-version and you lose a lot, specially  in t he sound.  In the cinema  I almost felt that the audience sounded to much 😁 . 

Just a some thoughts I have.. or maybe we both just have waited to long to see the concert at home and our expectations are to high after all waiting. I have attached some pictures from Stockholm 11 June 2016

Thank for the link to the video I really appreciate it 🙏

20160611_214356.jpg

20160611_211724 (2).jpg

20160611_221826.jpg

Edited by Cederberg
  • Like 2