Drones World Tour: The Movie

Anyone else miss the fact they're doing an advance screening of this in London on Monday?

Would've entered had I known about it. Probably too late now.

EDIT: I've also seen a claim that the band will be in attendance.

Edited by forevermusic

Eh, I thought about it but figured the cost and effort of getting down, back and potentially staying over for a film I’m not really fussed about seeing just for the slim chance of actually being able to talk to the band if they are there wasn’t really worth it.

An exclusive publicly available on the Muse youtube channel :LOL:

So at this point I guess it's pretty confirmed that that filter is gonna be on the actual film, all the way through. That's just...terrible.

The quick cuts and close shots really dampen that intended ‘wow’ moment of seeing the crowd jumping with the riff. Like, I’m not Knights’ biggest fan by any stretch but that moment is kinda the point of that song live and the last 2 DVDs got it. Maybe a workaround of the crowds being fairly flat in general on that tour. Sound’s surprisingly flat as well but I imagine that’ll be a lot better with a cinema sound system.

Not to be a negative nancy. These clips ain’t convinced me to see it at aaaall though.

Edited by Jobby

Maybe a workaround of the crowds being fairly flat in general on that tour.
That's what I thought as well. I wondered how they would work around that in general for this release but quick cuts seems to be their answer.

That cut at 0.34 is jarring as well.

And it looks cack. Sound is REALLY processed and... err, 'separated'. It sounds like a studio recording. As for the constant cuts and fades and overlays, I can totally do without that. Plus all the crowd bollocks. Nah. I'm going to this because I want to watch Muse.

Indy had first dibs on reporting it, hence, exclusive. Clip published on Muse's YouTube as the article published. I fail to see your point, good sir.

I mean I'm sure you don't really fail to see my point. That the word "exclusive" is pretty meaningless today isn't news, and it certainly doesn't work when it's uploaded on social media at the same time as it's reported by one news site.

I may be kinda selfish but why are they giving people some "highlights" of the show (or at least highlights of the songs teased : the heavy part of Globalist, the intro riff of Psycho, which contains the very first notes of the show, the climax of Knights, which is the closer) basically for free?

I get that the movie will be streamed out somewhere one day but as someone who will see the movie (and then pays for it) it's a little bit jarring to know that EVERYBODY can see those highlights before the airing.

I probably shoudn't give a sh*t but hey what do you think?

Edited by Lgxspy

I kinda give a shit as far as it gives away the big parts early. The same way for how the past two Muse albums we basically heard all the good stuff before the albums were out, leaving only the leftovers.

god help us if the good stuff from the next album is already (or soon to be) out, leaving only the leftovers for november.

I kinda give a shit as far as it gives away the big parts early. The same way for how the past two Muse albums we basically heard all the good stuff before the albums were out, leaving only the leftovers.

True but T2L had almost no good stuff before or after and Drones only had 3 + 1/2 leftovers by release so there wasn’t much left to hear, good or bad. (unless that’s exactly your point)

It’s just like trailers or promo clips for any other film to me, you’re gonna show some of the highlights to draw people in. You can always not watch ‘em if you don’t wanna get ‘spoiled’. Though we all already know pretty much exactly what we’re getting with this anyway so I guess personally it wouldn’t make a difference for me.

starting to wonder if the next single will be released on the night of/day after the movie screening...

My birthday, w/ a special shoutout and promise of future COD/HTAILY performances in the video. Song’s about me, soz for the leak.

True but T2L had almost no good stuff before or after and Drones only had 3 + 1/2 leftovers by release so there wasn’t much left to hear, good or bad. (unless that’s exactly your point)

It's kinda the point as the release date feels so meaningless when we heard most of the album. And I wouldn't say "no good stuff" based on responses. Supremacy, Panic Station, and Animals had good responses. And the Cologne performances of Save Me and Follow Me were well received.

god help us if the good stuff from the next album is already (or soon to be) out, leaving only the leftovers for november.

Nah, I think we can be quite optimistic about it. If they're gonna settle for 12 tracks, and the next two single are going to be good at least, we'll still have 8 tracks to look for.

Also, I think DD and TC might actually be the weakest songs on the album, considering their sound and structure.

I may be kinda selfish but why are they giving people some "highlights" of the show (or at least highlights of the songs teased : the heavy part of Globalist, the intro riff of Psycho, which contains the very first notes of the show, the climax of Knights, which is the closer) basically for free?

I get that the movie will be streamed out somewhere one day but as someone who will see the movie (and then pays for it) it's a little bit jarring to know that EVERYBODY can see those highlights before the airing.

I probably shoudn't give a sh*t but hey what do you think?

You know they played Psycho.

You know they played The Globalist.

You know they played Knights of Cydonia.

So...why is it a problem? Aren't the teaser videos only like 30 seconds anyway? It's not like you're having the plot of an exciting new film being given away here...

You know they played Psycho.

You know they played The Globalist.

You know they played Knights of Cydonia.

So...why is it a problem? Aren't the teaser videos only like 30 seconds anyway? It's not like you're having the plot of an exciting new film being given away here...

He’s not complaining about spoilers though, he’s complaining that they’re already giving us what would probably be the highlights of the show, the parts that would be the biggest moments of seeing it in the cinema. Personally I don’t care that people who won’t pay for it get to see it, but it certainly will dampen the impact of actually seeing it in July.