NA Tour 2017 General Discussion Thread

leohz

That and playing significantly better sets in the US at the last stage of the tour, would've died to hear B&H and Take a Bow at the two shows from the tour I got to go to, but noo Resistance had to be played lol. It's like playing those sets in the U.K. made them realize maybe it's not a bad idea to play some of these songs when we go back to the US, saw it coming from a mile away lol, they drive me nuts

B&H and TaB probably got a terrible reaction so will be dropped for the next gig.

From where i was stood people seem to enjoy butterflies & hurricanes even if they didn't recorgnise it. SMBH, madness, starlight and knights got the best reactions.

I do think they could have played 1 more song concidering the globalist is much longer than take a bow.

Dig Down and NKOK are still dogshit. :LOL: Plus TaB and B&H got far more reaction than NKOK. What a weird performance that was, Matt wasn't even on stage?

Better than Oakland 2015, which left a bad taste in my mouth. Take a Bow was wonderful, I'm very happy to have heard that song now!

Dig Down and NKOK are still dogshit. :LOL: Plus TaB and B&H got far more reaction than NKOK. What a weird performance that was, Matt wasn't even on stage?

Better than Oakland 2015, which left a bad taste in my mouth. Take a Bow was wonderful, I'm very happy to have heard that song now!

In fact, Matt's not even singing. It's a playback D&B performance.

I'd also call this a decent set, not just by US standards. Just needs more songs and less jams. The song choices themselves were fair.

Oh yes, I wouldn't have given up on them if this would have been the Oakland set. Even just SS or Reapers could have saved that night significantly.

Still though, I'm afraid my embarrassment for them during NKOK would ruin the mood quite a bit for me.

Oh yes, I wouldn't have given up on them if this would have been the Oakland set. Even just SS or Reapers could have saved that night significantly.

Still though, I'm afraid my embarrassment for them during NKOK would ruin the mood quite a bit for me.

This was kind of my second chance to them after Oakland so I'm pretty pleased. I don't need an SBE gig I just want something with energy (that just usually implies rarer songs).

I was getting second hand embarrassment from NKOK so I started posting here. The audience just kind of lightly chuckled but were really confused.

I'd also call this a decent set, not just by US standards. Just needs more songs and less jams. The song choices themselves were fair.

Definitely not a bad setlist, just not long enough for a headlining gig, especially under the conditions that hardcore fans are enduring throughout this US tour (early entrance for the $300 VIP tickets so cough up the cash or wait in line starting at 4AM only to be two rows back). People can go on and on about the intensity of a set but that SBE gig had 16 songs, which had Assassin+Dead Star+Muscle Museum+Easily+Glorious+B&H+CE back to back. Toss in Reapers, The Handler, Defector/Revolt rotation, The Globalist and a dealer's choice slot (20 songs total) and I'd say that would've been one of the best sets they've played in years. As always, the line between a sub-par/decent set and one for the history books is not very much.

Now that California is done with, they're dealing with places that never got a chance to see some of this material. This is still the Drones tour. Play more of it.

Edited by Alexander DeLarge