This time I was serious. Acoustic guitar is the most boring instrument ever. So generic. Sounds the same, no colour or uniqueness.

They'd have to write good songs to make them work acoustic, but that's not gonna happen.

That's such an obtuse statement, the one you made. Wouldn't expect anything less from you.

They'd have to write good songs to make them work acoustic, but that's not gonna happen.

That's such an obtuse statement, the one you made. Wouldn't expect anything less from you.

How does an acoustic song sound unique or standout from any other acoustic song? If you could just explain that would be perfect.

Play MK Ultra on acoustic and then with Muse's effects added on electric. BOOM!

If you settle for acoustic, you are doomed for mediocrity. It's all about effect pedals in music.

How does an acoustic song sound unique or standout from any other acoustic song? If you could just explain that would be perfect.

If you settle for acoustic, you are doomed for mediocrity. It's all about effect pedals in music.

Totally man.

Whenever I listen to Elliott Smith it all just sounds like MK Ultra on an acoustic guitar.

Still no response why acoustic sounds different... In fact I don't think you have an explanation besides offending me.

Because what you said is so ridiculous that there's really no point in arguing with it. If you don't think that anything interesting can be done with an acoustic guitar, than there's no helping you.

Still no response why acoustic sounds different... In fact I don't think you have an explanation besides offending me.

Surely it's to do with the writing, arrangement and relationship with other instruments? You can write totally none generic arrangements on an acoustic guitar, especially if you play around with unusual tunings, scales and chords.

This is as stupid as saying all use of distortion on an electric guitar is boring.

Surely it's to do with the writing, arrangement and relationship with other instruments? You can write totally none generic arrangements on an acoustic guitar, especially if you play around with unusual tunings, scales and chords.

This is as stupid as saying all use of distortion on an electric guitar is boring.

Acoustic is terrible. The best way to ruin an electric guitar based song is to do an acoustic version. It's like making that certain song as generic and tedious as possible.

When bands do acoustic albums, or unplugged sets, that is the worst possible way to share music with the audience. No uniqueness in sound at all. It just becomes boring and totally uninteresting.

Acoustic is terrible. The best way to ruin an electric guitar based song is to do an acoustic version. It's like making that certain song as generic and tedious as possible.

When bands do acoustic albums, or unplugged sets, that is the worst possible way to share music with the audience. No uniqueness in sound at all. It just becomes boring and totally uninteresting.

This is a very boring song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY7GnAq6Znw

To be fair, I kind of agree with them.

Go to any open mic event and 9 out of 10 of the acts will sound exactly the same in terms of their guitar playing. Just generic strum, strummy strummers just about capable of changing chords in time with their song - if they want something to sound different they just play exactly the same chords/rhythm but with a capo on fret X...

Granted a few will stand out for whatever reason - good finger pickers, ones who come up with good chord sequences and progressions, loopers (although they are becoming ten a penny these days after the success of Ed Sheeran...) - but they are the exception rather than the norm.

To be fair, I kind of agree with them.

Go to any open mic event and 9 out of 10 of the acts will sound exactly the same in terms of their guitar playing. Just generic strum, strummy strummers just about capable of changing chords in time with their song - if they want something to sound different they just play exactly the same chords/rhythm but with a capo on fret X...

Granted a few will stand out for whatever reason - good finger pickers, ones who come up with good chord sequences and progressions, loopers (although they are becoming ten a penny these days after the success of Ed Sheeran...) - but they are the exception rather than the norm.

That's not at all what he said though. Hopix actually suggested what you're getting at, that it depends on what you do with it, and LiTs response was "Acoustic is terrible"

So what you're agreeing to is that acoustic guitar is terrible always, no matter what is played or what the context is.

Good musicians in general are exceptions rather than the norm.

:LOL: