• 1 month later...
I hope it isn't just a halloween song.

NKOK was a decent amount better than Dig Down tbf.

If they’ve gone to the effort of working with a producer though then I doubt it’s Halloween related tbh. Imagine they’d just slap something like that together themselves. NKOK was also a lot more covert than ‘hey guys back in the studio’ iirc as well.

Edited by Jobby

They work with him a lot tbf, it's almost to be expected at this point. He's been at least somewhat involved in every record since they met him, other than TR tmk.

Despite the criticism he has had on here, both Absolution and Black Holes manifested under the steer of Rich Costey.

BH&R's in my top 3 records of all time but Rich was by far the worst element of both those records imo, from the outside looking in at least. His mixing's at least kicked on since though, with T2L and Drones.

Producer's role is more than just mixing the album. He would have surely been some influence into aspects that makes the albums loved.
I would go as far as to say that it doesn't even have to involve mixing at all. But I don't think that's what Jobby is saying, if that's who you're talking to.

Are we assuming those other two songs recorded along with Dig Down are scrapped at this point? Could just being held back for the eventual album I guess. Shame they don't just release them if so though, so we have a steady stream of singles as opposed to what could be nigh on a year between.

Producer's role is more than just mixing the album. He would have surely been some influence into aspects that makes the albums loved.

I would go as far as to say that it doesn't even have to involve mixing at all. But I don't think that's what Jobby is saying, if that's who you're talking to.

Yeah, I only mentioned his mixing for T2L and Drones 'cos that's all he's credited for on those records I think.

Might've been a bit harsh on him for Abso actually, Howie Weinberg (mastering) might be more to blame for those albums' sound problems. Reading up about him and he seems to be a bit infamous for bad compression jobs, though I do think the mix sounds pretty flat anyway. Rich did still drop the ball with Black Holes though imo.

Edited by Jobby

Kind of everyone hence the lack of a quote. We seem to kind of place responsibility on the producer to the amount that it's convenient to an argument.

Are we assuming those other two songs recorded along with Dig Down are scrapped at this point? Could just being held back for the eventual album I guess. Shame they don't just release them if so though, so we have a steady stream of singles as opposed to what could be nigh on a year between.
I've heard different things from different people, but I think they are saving them for the album.

I vaguely remember them saying that about Dead Star and In Your World too. Maybe they'll realize they're over it when the album comes together.
Yeah I honestly didn't even think they would release another standalone single before recording the next album. This whole single thing was doomed to fail because it meant the band would have to stick to a plan for over a year.