The heavy song exists and it's Dig Down! It even has a solo, c'mon.

Come on, you can shit post better than this.

Nah it was stated by Dom in an interview a few weeks ago. "quite heavy" and "quite prog" I think were the quotes.

He also said that Drones would sound fucked up, so I'll take that with a big grain of salt.

He also said that Drones would sound fucked up, so I'll take that with a big grain of salt.

Yeah we say this about everything but at some point you just gotta...discuss what they're telling us, right?

And it's not like we're expecting them to actually pull out a prog song. Just one that that is pretty heavy and might be considered old school-Muse.

This release method's gonna be a bit wank if they're gonna be spaced so far apart. If you get something not so great (like Dig Down), you're looking at 7/8 months wait until you might hear a good new song. At least with a normal album, if the lead single's not great, you've got a full album's worth of other material to look forward to within 2/3 months.

Right. Especially when the big lead single is something that most people didn't seem to like initially and will dislike even more when it pops up on the album. Assuming that Dig Down really had to be a thing, it should have just been released on some soundtrack or charity compilation. It's not the worst idea to release a track once in a while that keeps the band on the radio, Youtube, streaming services etc. but nobody would be too remiss if Dig Down was omitted from an album release 8 months later.

Considering the state of the music industry these days, how much does an album really matter anyway? Don't get me wrong. I love listening to a good album all the way through but I'm not sure how many people still do that.

Yeah we say this about everything but at some point you just gotta...discuss what they're telling us, right?

And it's not like we're expecting them to actually pull out a prog song. Just one that that is pretty heavy and might be considered old school-Muse.

Yeah, that's true. I'll settle for even a mediocre rock track at this point.

I guess The Globalist was fairly prog, by their current standards. It was also terrible but that's not necessarily connected.

The Globalist was just lazy and badly stitched together.

Some ripped off and boring Morricone -> A semi-decent live riff which they somehow managed to make sound incredibly boring on the record -> Some ripped off Holst spliced with Explorers (seriously, I have no idea what Matt was thinking there) -> That Drones cringey Palestrina motet thing

Please, Please, Please let there be no more Globalists!

You can't force a Citizen Erased 2.0. If the band has any creativity left then they might write something like it again but it takes time and patience.

The Globalist was just lazy and badly stitched together.

Some ripped off and boring Morricone -> A semi-decent live riff which they somehow managed to make sound incredibly boring on the record -> Some ripped off Holst spliced with Explorers (seriously, I have no idea what Matt was thinking there) -> That Drones cringey Palestrina motet thing

Please, Please, Please let there be no more Globalists!

You can't force a Citizen Erased 2.0. If the band has any creativity left then they might write something like it again but it takes time and patience.

It's worse than that actually. The third part of The Globalist is an actual cover with added vocals.

And don't forget that they stole their own vocal melody for the first part from Unnatural Selection.

It's worse than that actually. The third part of The Globalist is an actual cover with added vocals.

And don't forget that they stole their own vocal melody for the first part from Unnatural Selection.

Oops, mixing up Holst and Elgar! (and I'm a classical musician, should know better!). Shows how many times I've actually listened to The Globalist though, I had it in my head that it was the 'I Vow to Thee My Country' bit from Holst - The Planets/Jupiter that they pinched for some reason.

Listening to it for the first time in ages....yup there's the bit from Unnatural Selection.

Honestly Drones as a whole is so uninspired.

Dead Inside: Fair enough, cool track which doesn't instantly make you think of another song.

Drill Sergeant: Well it's pretty much Full Metal Jacket, innit?

Psycho: The same riff over and over, and over for five and a half minutes. No wait, they also stole another riff from The Doors to give us some breathing room from that other riff.

Mercy: It's not a ripoff of Starlight. No, it's more like a worse band than Muse heard Starlight and said "We wanna sound like that". MEEEEEEEERCY

Reapers: Not much to say here.

The Handler: Or here...well aside from the riff being a minute too long and thus adding another minute of pointless lull to the album.

JFK: A speech. Albeit with a string version of the solo of the song that's about to come up. Nothing wrong with that, but it just means another piece of music that isn't really original.

Defector: Not much to say here either.

Revolt: Aside from the chorus "You can revoooolt, with or withooouut me", not much to say.

Aftermath: Cut two minutes and you have a decent song. Cut three and you don't have to pretend to like it for as long.

The Globalist: Yeah, we just covered that.

Drones: ...Yeah, another "cover".