Honestly Drones as a whole is so uninspired.

Dead Inside: Fair enough, cool track which doesn't instantly make you think of another song.

Drill Sergeant: Well it's pretty much Full Metal Jacket, innit?

Psycho: The same riff over and over, and over for five and a half minutes. No wait, they also stole another riff from The Doors to give us some breathing room from that other riff.

Mercy: It's not a ripoff of Starlight. No, it's more like a worse band than Muse heard Starlight and said "We wanna sound like that". MEEEEEEEERCY

Reapers: Not much to say here.

The Handler: Or here...well aside from the riff being a minute too long and thus adding another minute of pointless lull to the album.

JFK: A speech. Albeit with a string version of the solo of the song that's about to come up. Nothing wrong with that, but it just means another piece of music that isn't really original.

Defector: Not much to say here either.

Revolt: Aside from the chorus "You can revoooolt, with or withooouut me", not much to say.

Aftermath: Cut two minutes and you have a decent song. Cut three and you don't have to pretend to like it for as long.

The Globalist: Yeah, we just covered that.

Drones: ...Yeah, another "cover".

+1

Dead Inside - It's not too bad. A bit like Undisclosed Desires in some ways but much heavier. Guitar solo is a bit similar to Madness but again heavier and the ending is similar to Madness and Resistance in the harmonies/suspensions but overall not too bad.

Pyscho - It's repetitive and 2 minutes too long. Same beat as Uprising (which is also 2 minutes too long) but not a cover of it by any means.

Mercy - Starlight 2.0 (except a try-hard version so maybe more like 0.5?). Nuff said.

Reapers - Decent original track although the RATM ending feels a bit unecessary.

The Handler - Fairly original again but the middle riff is too long and doesn't build anywhere.

Defector - Original but feels overworked (a bit like how Unnatural Selection is not as good as New Born)

Revolt - Revolting in every way. Why did they think this was good enough for the record?

Aftermath - A worse version of Explorers with a little bit of Gospel thrown in. Just why?

Globalist/Drones - As covered above...

Reapers: Not much to say here.

The Handler: Or here...well aside from the riff being a minute too long and thus adding another minute of pointless lull to the album.

Well Reapers is basically ACDC with a RATM ending.

The Handler's coda is pretty much Showbiz, isn't it?

The Globalist is just horrible.

Dead Inside is still great for me, and Reapers and The Handler - even if the latter two do feel like fan service.

The rest of the album? Mainly horrid - and bland. It can't get much worse than bland.

The Globalist is just horrible.

Dead Inside is still great for me, and Reapers and The Handler - even if the latter two do feel like fan service.

The rest of the album? Mainly horrid - and bland. It can't get much worse than bland.

The Handler is a bit like MK Ultra for me - it's ok and Muse-y enough but feels like there was so much more potential there.

Mildly unsatisfying, a bit like the 2nd instrumental breakdown in The Small Print which always bugged me because it did nothing and felt unfinished.

I still think it's a really solid album, easily the best since Black Holes. Doesn't reinvent the wheel by any means, but I welcome that over a shitstorm like T2L.

Wonder if people will look back on it in a kinder light when this new album drops (in like a fucking years time), not feeling it's gonna be a good 'un.

Reapers - Decent original track although the RATM ending feels a bit unecessary.

Forgot about the Freedom ending...

There was a strange one from the other week where they played Stockholm Syndrome, then had both the Freedom & then Reapers outro one after the other. Although tbf it did sound pretty good.

I like The Globalist. Its a mess and the first part didn't work live, but I still find enjoyment in it.

Quoting Liam Gallagher, which can be an advice for Muse:

I'm not gonna say names. They've got the tools to make guitar music great and they're just fuckin' doing it half-arsed. They've got one foot in the fuckin' dance world and one foot in the fuckin' guitar world and they're just seeing which one fuckin' bites. They're there with their fuckin' keyboards and whistles and shit. If you're going to do "guitar music" you have to put a fuckin' guitar on a record. Put the fucker in. Stop wearing it like it's a fuckin' necklace.

There was a strange one from the other week where they played Stockholm Syndrome, then had both the Freedom & then Reapers outro one after the other. Although tbf it did sound pretty good.

This one? The Agitated riff is actually quite similar as well, just in 5/4! Sounds a bit Matt suddenly had a mind blank of all their outro riffs..

I barely keep up with Muse or the fandom anymore, but it's good to see I'm not in the minority. Drones is just so so uninspired, and Psycho is honestly one of, if not their absolute worst song they've put out. Repetitious, uninspired, rehash, with cringe lyrics.

I miss the days where I thought Supermassive Black Hole was their worst creation.