ewwww!

I hate this! He should have made this with an electric guitar and a ton of fuzz and distortion pedals!!!!!!!

so boring :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQR6tGNwzzE totally mediocre!

truly the worst!

:vomit:

christ, this one truly is terrible

this one as well. How could anyone listen to this shite?

Yeah, you picked the boring ones. Maybe except Mount Eerie.

Where is Sun Kil Moon? He's decent.

Only Josh Homme can write great music with acoustic guitar like Mosquito Song. But only because he is the God of modern rock music and has the most talent ever.

By the way, altough pairing with lyrics, songwriting can be good, all these songs on acoustic still sound the same and I mean the sound which the guitar makes: " transmitting the vibration of the strings to the air".. This freaking simple, strung sound is so boring.... Thank God humans invented how to amplify and add effects in the same time.

I get angry when I hear that every song on an accoustic guitar is crap. I's not true.

Maybe you don't like this genre, ok. But only listen to the work on the guitar.

Would you prefer "More than words" by Extreme on electric guitar? It would kill the atmospere for me.

I get angry when I hear that every song on an accoustic guitar is crap. I's not true.

Maybe you don't like this genre, ok. But only listen to the work on the guitar.

Would you prefer "More than words" by Extreme on electric guitar? It would kill the atmospere for me.

You can play great, these songwriters are good guitar players, no doubt. However, my main problem is with the acoustic sound itself. You cannot really create your own sound. If you experiment with for instance 20 effects at once and you just created a unique sound, that's more like it for me.

However, I still like a few acoustic songs but it is extremely rare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INnstYCNIQc

I'm a guitarist. So I'm focus on how that sounds.

I see. I'm starting to piece this together. You play the guitar. And when you try playing an acoustic guitar, it sounds like crap. You noticed you only sound good with effects when you play an electric guitar. Therefore, you feel the need to argue that Muse can only sound good on electric guitar too. Because you are equally skilled, obviously.

Got it.

Go to any open mic event and 9 out of 10 of the acts will sound exactly the same in terms of their guitar playing. Just generic strum, strummy strummers just about capable of changing chords in time with their song - if they want something to sound different they just play exactly the same chords/rhythm but with a capo on fret X...

This is a symptom of open mic's, not of acoustic guitars.

I would actually say that it's pretty boring :LOL: It's definitely unique though. Ben Howard strikes a perfect combo of unique and interesting to me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KrU1LY-pQU

Fair enough. Different strokes and all that. But you know, clearly there are a lot of interesting, unique things to do with any instrument, and making blanket statements like "acoustic guitar is boring" is silly.

This guy openly admitted he's a shit-spewing troll, and I'm not sure why anyone still engages with him.

He said that, but I kinda feel like he's actually just a bit of a twat.

So City of Delusion and Nature_01 are crap then because they use acoustic?

Looks like you DO learn something new every day.

I wouldn't say Nature_01 is a good song. City of Delusion is great but in case you haven't noticed, not only acoustic features in that song. It has colour in overall and not plain boring acoustic strumming sound.

Feeding the trolls is like feeding the ducks. It doesn't help me personally, but it's just great seeing them so happy.

Stop saying I'm a troll. And I meant when a whole song is constructed stripped down with only acoustic, bass and drums. And I'm not moving goal posts either. I just simply don't want Muse to go in that direction where we won't even hear a guitar amplified.

Stop saying I'm a troll. And I meant when a whole song is constructed stripped down with only acoustic, bass and drums. And I'm not moving goal posts either. I just simply don't want Muse to go in that direction where we won't even hear a guitar amplified.

That's fair enough, but to say acoustic guitar is boring is just full on Trump.