I don't know if anyone posted this (neither do I know exactly how or where I should post it) but... new album review. This one seems like it's actually taking the piss,though,even if Loudwire is a serious site (that primarily focuses on heavier stuff,though).

http://loudwire.com/muse-simulation-theory-album-review/

Dig Down "ominously heavy" apparently,according to this guy here...

There's Algorithm and Blockades and Break It To Me are scheduled - there should still be a Propaganda video coming ;)

They said that 9 songs have music video and 2 other songs have lyric video. So, Propaganda is one of those two songs, isn't it?

I don't know if anyone posted this (neither do I know exactly how or where I should post it) but... new album review. This one seems like it's actually taking the piss,though,even if Loudwire is a serious site (that primarily focuses on heavier stuff,though).

http://loudwire.com/muse-simulation-theory-album-review/

Dig Down "ominously heavy" apparently,according to this guy here...

Their reviews are more like press releases. They aren't going to rate anything less than like 7-8/10 and everything is great

Wow. The Break It to Me music video actually just kinda blew me away. Absolutely perfect choice for the song, and way different from the others so far. One of my favorite things they've done. The video actually made me enjoy the song even more, which is rare.

Edit: I guess this one could split opinions. Subreddit not seeming to like it so far ("filler").

Edited by Matthz

Wow. The Break It to Me music video actually just kinda blew me away. Absolutely perfect choice for the song, and way different from the others so far. One of my favorite things they've done. The video actually made me enjoy the song even more, which is rare.

Oh yeah. That's good, I like it a lot actually. Kind of like a dance-y version of this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnnGYaqjW-A, which is one of my all time favorite music vids. (Quite different of course, but it's the flickering lights and the constant focus on one obviously struggling hybrid human animal guy with a gold chain necklace.)

Oh yeah. That's good, I like it a lot actually. Kind of like a dance-y version of this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnnGYaqjW-A, which is one of my all time favorite music vids. (Quite different of course, but it's the flickering lights and the constant focus on one obviously struggling hybrid human animal guy with a gold chain necklace.)

Very interesting video, I see what you mean.

I'm also just realizing how nice the bass is during the chorus of BITM.

Video for BITM is nice but kind of irrelevant to the point of the lyrics as far as narrative goes. Would have been nice to see some kind of multi-character interaction, maybe between Terry and Matt since it's implied Matt is the creator

Very interesting video, I see what you mean.

I'm also just realizing how nice the bass is during the chorus of BITM.

It was a very good call for them to multitrack the synth bass over electric bass, it's smooth.

Their reviews are more like press releases. They aren't going to rate anything less than like 7-8/10 and everything is great

Well they do constantly rate random emo-core bands as the "best new thing in heavy music" so yeah,there's that.

/*Off Topic mode off*/

I'm really surprised Propaganda wasn't the lead single. It's a very "radio" song... More so than TC or The Dark Side.

Video for BITM is nice but kind of irrelevant to the point of the lyrics as far as narrative goes. Would have been nice to see some kind of multi-character interaction, maybe between Terry and Matt since it's implied Matt is the creator

It was a very good call for them to multitrack the synth bass over electric bass, it's smooth.

That's not Terry Crews in the video (maybe that's not what you meant). I don't think this one is tied into the actual ongoing story, but rather just showing a glimpse of the aftermath inside the school. Which fits since the song is so different from the rest of the songs with videos. I like the actual horror vibe of it, mixed with the dancing.

I´m ready to rate the album (first impressions):

Algorithm - 9/10 - 2nd best song of the album... after Algorithm Alternate Reality Version :D

The Dark Side - 9/10 - Great Vibe, and the perfect song to follow Algorithm

Pressure - 7/10 - If it wasnt for that Chorus (that I still dont really like...) it would be a top song

Propaganda - 8/10 - my new guilty pleasure...

Break It To Me - 6/10 - Still unsure about this one, sounds a lot like The Voidz

Something Human - 2/10 - Worse song on the album, really can´t listen to it.

Thought Contagion - 6/10 - Average. Plus I can only hear "F*cking Satan" instead of Thought Contagion :D

Get Up and Fight - 6/10 - Average , but need to listen better.

Blockades - 7/10 - Muse covering Muse :D

Dig Down - 6/10 - Okayish - but the Gospel version works better for me.

The Void - 9/10 - This is a great one. If someone say it´s not... "They´re wrong" :D

__

Algorithm (Alternate Reality Version) - 10/10 - Best song in the last 5 Years of Muse

The Dark Side (Alternate Reality Version) - 9/10 - Quite cool this version as well

Pressure (ft. UCLA Bruin Marching Band) - 5/10 - Pointless

Propaganda (Acoustic) - 8/10 - As good as the original

Break It To Me (Sam de Jong Remix) - 3/10 - Pointless

Something Human (Acoustic) - 6/10 - Much much much better than the original. This one I can listen to.

Thought Contagion (Live) - 5/10 - Meh

Dig Down (Acoustic Gospel Version) - 7/10 - Quite cool

The Void (Acoustic) - 9/10 - As good as the original

The Dark Side (Alternate Reality Instrumental) - 9/10 - Just great

__

Album (so far) 7/10. Better than Drones for sure.

BITM as a whole is obvs amazing but the chorus might be one of my fave things they’ve ever done. So unexpected within the song, soft, subtle little details, gorg vocals, then that a m a z i n g pitch shifting.

Instrumentally, it’s right up there as one of the best in their discography for me. Hard to say that w/ lyrics just ‘cos my absolute faves like my top 10 usually need some sort of emtional connection to stick up there. If Assassin, TAB and COD can though, maybe there’s a chance in the future.

Interesting to see some people slagging off the lyrics. I think it’s at least on par with TR, if not better.

Also surprised at how many people are initially so weirded out by BITM that they either can’t rate it or say it’s not for them, before it usually grows :chuckle: instantly brilliant for me

Saddens me a smidge to see how some are treating GUAF, considering the subject matter. I get that I’m in the minority by really liking it and it’s fine if it’s other people’s least favourite but some of it’s ‘reviews’ are a bit....blunt, to say the least. Like, you can say a song’s not for you without calling one about a close family member w/ cancer ‘embarrassing’.

Edited by Jobby