I don't think I'll ever get over the GUAF intro. If I heard that on the radio, I would have turned off before Matt even comes in.

I was thinking this listening to it just then.

I actually don't think I'd mind the song too much if they got rid of the female "ah ahs" - I actually quite like the chorus melody :LOL:

Can't stop listening to this album! As a whole package, it's the best album they've released for years, and the most creative they've been for a very long time. Algorithm is one of their best openers. I still don't know how/where I'd rank stuff. I'm still trying to process it all.

This just in... DIY gave the album 3 out of 5 stars and critic Will Richards actually wrote this in his review:

"The highlight is 'Get Up And Fight', beginning with hints of tropical house (stay with us) and skipping along with confidence before throwing out the best chorus the band has written in a decade."

Now, I don't think the song is nearly as bad as some have made it out to be, but really? The highlight? Yikes!

http://diymag.com/2018/11/08/muse-simulation-theory-album-review

My big fear with this album is we're going to get Dark Side, Pressure, Something Human, Thought Contagion and Dig Down at every gig, with the others - the far, far, far superior tracks - rotated sparingly.

Same. I missed them last tour even though I liked Drones (Idk why, just lost sight of them I guess), so I want to see them this tour but I don't really like any of the singles :/

My big fear with this album is we're going to get Dark Side, Pressure, Something Human, Thought Contagion and Dig Down at every gig, with the others - the far, far, far superior tracks - rotated sparingly.

Dig Down definitely needs to be dropped imo. I know it probably won't happen though.

That said, the album only comes in at 42 mins so tbh, there's no reason they can't play most the album every night. You only need to ditch GUAF and one of DD or TC and you're down to 35 mins. Should be easy to make it work and still have room for 15+ other songs.

So it's way better as a whole than any of the past 3 albums but I still don't think it's good. It has some good songs for sure, but it just doesn't come together for me the way it is for some of you, I think time will prove me right on this one

This is how I've felt for a while. But we're mostly in a post-album world at this point, so I'll gladly take a few good songs every few years to add to my playlists.

This is how I've felt for a while. But we're mostly in a post-album world at this point, so I'll gladly take a few good songs every few years to add to my playlists.

Agreed, and to think people were saying Resistance was a hard left turn when it came out, Resistance has some great song writing especially considering the past three albums have been pretty much trash with exception to a few songs here and there, still waiting for a proper follow up to BHaR. That being said,

Break It to Me and Blockades are a jam and a half tho