My expectations after DD and TC versus my actual first reaction, quite a large contrast. Idk where'd I'd rank it yet, gotta let these songs grow on me more. But dang, these songs took my breath away from first listen:

Algorithms

Propoganda

Break It To Me

Something Human

Blockades

The Void

Pressure took a bit but is every bit as good as those as well. So that's a lot of just plain great songs. TDS is quite good as well, with only TC, DD, and GUAF being a true drop in quality, and frankly the only one of those I'm not so fond of is DD. Not to say the other two couldn't fall a bit out of favor with time, but I enjoy them for what they are.

I believe I'll get the super deluxe box for Christmas, so I will make it extra special and wait to listen to the alternate versions until then. Considering there's an albums worth of them, it'll be a little bit like actually getting a brand new Muse album for Christmas...just one where I already know all the lyrics and melodies :chuckle:

This just in... DIY gave the album 3 out of 5 stars and critic Will Richards actually wrote this in his review:

"The highlight is 'Get Up And Fight', beginning with hints of tropical house (stay with us) and skipping along with confidence before throwing out the best chorus the band has written in a decade."

Now, I don't think the song is nearly as bad as some have made it out to be, but really? The highlight? Yikes!

http://diymag.com/2018/11/08/muse-simulation-theory-album-review

Great example of why I don't take music criticism seriously at all. I don't even dislike the song but it goes to show how subjective it all is since most fans would say it's the worst on the album.

The section of The Void from "it takes a leap of faith..." onwards is so gorgeous, bloody hell.

YES

Seen a few people having gripes with that bit but it’s a huge part of the song imo. Found myself randomly spurting out with “it taaaaaaaakes...” all day today.

Still holding out on the acoustic version, glad it sounds like it’s holding up to the other alts :happy: Muse really can do no wrong with these things lmao

This album is legitimately fucking incredible.

Is it cringey to thank them? Because thank you Muse

Nah, I've felt the same way. This album came at just the right time for me, it's definitely brought back some positive emotions I haven't felt in a while. :happy:

Not sure if it's been mentioned, I missed about 15 pages worth of leak comments, but we're getting three music videos today instead of the two Matt had said. Algorithm in about an hour 45 minutes, break it to me about two hours later, then blockades another two hours after. Source: YouTube simulation theory playlist

It's on Spotify now so I listened to Algorithm, propaganda, and break it to me. Break it to me is my favorite so far. Propaganda brought a smile to my face simply because it was nothing like what I expected and just kinda blew me away. Algorithm I'm gonna have to listen to a couple more times, preferably on something other than my phone's crappy speakers.

I have the album! :D

Algorhytm, The Void are superb!

Propaganda? Hm, without this Propopopopaganda.... It would be pretty good!

Not sure what to do with "Break it to me" .... Needs more listenings.

"Get up and fight" r u serious???????? never been a fan of those silly female "singing" in any song, without it, hm maybe good.

Blockades....need to listen again.

Still need to listen in one run, plus haven't listened to the alternate versions yet. I bought the Deluxe-CD :D