That set is not bad at all, Exo opening, Butterflies... MK Ultra or Unnatural will improve the setlist, of course, but is better than the standard show for festivals during TR tour.
One song does not make a huge difference.

That set is not bad at all, Exo opening, Butterflies... MK Ultra or Unnatural will improve the setlist, of course, but is better than the standard show for festivals during TR tour.

Definitely, but it was just a complete 180 to how they were talking about it before it happened. Shame, we could've gotten a Download-tier set in LA

Haven't had that anything remotely close to that since 2004.

Its odd how this Reddit thing is a big argument. I'd be more surprised if it wasn't difficult for Muse to pick a setlist given how they've now got 7 albums and a good reason for playing all of it.

Naturally it'd be easier if they were willing to do more than 2 hours, although I suspect Dom's answer in the Muse Q&A means that's not likely.

Its odd how this Reddit thing is a big argument. I'd be more surprised if it wasn't difficult for Muse to pick a setlist given how they've now got 7 albums and a good reason for playing all of it.

Naturally it'd be easier if they were willing to do more than 2 hours, although I suspect Dom's answer in the Muse Q&A means that's not likely.

That's not what the argument was about though.

I couldn't stand a 3h show whoever the band is, but if they cut the wankery they can easily play more than 20 songs in 2h.

Yeah same here. I wouldn't really want more than about two hours of any live show; I just couldn't take it. I can't imagine what playing one must feel like, let alone doing it night after night after night. But yeah there's definitely room for two or three more songs in the length of show they have.

Thing is, a two and a half hour gig for Muse would have at least 15-20 minutes of filler. So really you're probs only looking at around two hours and ten minutes of actual song-time, which is only a little over what the Unsustainable Tour was. Taking into account that, plus the amount of pop/soft stuff they'd inevitably play, I don't think it'd be that draining but that's just me.

Personally, I'd be 100% down for it. Kinda surprised that Dom feels he's already hitting his limit tbh.

Thing is, a two and a half hour gig for Muse would have at least 15-20 minutes of filler. So really you're probs only looking at around two hours and ten minutes of actual song-time, which is only a little over what the Unsustainable Tour was. Taking into account that, plus the amount of pop/soft stuff they'd inevitably play, I don't think it'd be that draining but that's just me.

Personally, I'd be 100% down for it. Kinda surprised that Dom feels he's already hitting his limit tbh.

Totally agree there would be a fair amount of downtime.

I'm wondering if they'll play Sign O' The Times as an homage. That'll be a neat debut in this tour.

I said this before, yeah it wouldn't surprise me if they did do, and Dom took note of his tragic passing on Instagram too, which prompts me to think that he for one may wish to perform Sign O' The Times as a tribute.

They're almost 20 years older than you, mate :chuckle:

Srsly for me I can't take much more than two hours of stompingly loud music after I've been standing around for hours (and can't take much more even when I haven't). I've always been like that as well, not just since the brain fart a couple of years ago: I can get terrible headaches after long gigs or nights out - and I don't drink, so it's not THAT either :p I seem to remember reading that Matt gets migraines as well; I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

They're almost 20 years older than you, mate :chuckle:

Srsly for me I can't take much more than two hours of stompingly loud music after I've been standing around for hours (and can't take much more even when I haven't). I've always been like that as well, not just since the brain fart a couple of years ago: I can get terrible headaches after long gigs or nights out - and I don't drink, so it's not THAT either :p I seem to remember reading that Matt gets migraines as well; I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

And they are performing so that's full on nerves and stress at least to begin with, full on concentration (And Matt has double role of guitar, singing). In terms of mental effort alone it must be like sitting an exam.

Yeah but it's an exam they wrote themselves, that they know all the answers to and that they take every day they're on tour. I'm pretty sure they are playing well within their comfort zones, the choreography and stage direction probably takes as much effort as the playing.

There are loads of bands that can play for 3 hours and keep it fresh. One less now, since Prince has sadly shuffled on. During his O2 residency he managed to rotate 150 songs over his 21 shows, he was still playing 2 2hr+ shows a night right up to the end.

Yeah but it's an exam they wrote themselves, that they know all the answers to and that they take every day they're on tour. I'm pretty sure they are playing well within their comfort zones, the choreography and stage direction probably takes as much effort as the playing.

There are loads of bands that can play for 3 hours and keep it fresh. One less now, since Prince has sadly shuffled on. During his O2 residency he managed to rotate 150 songs over his 21 shows, he was still playing 2 2hr+ shows a night right up to the end.

Exactly, you make my point. Prince died, prematurely. With a known painkiller problem. As did Michael Jackson. And the number of performers who died from overdoses/suicide are too numerous to list here :(