Resistance got an insanely big reaction in Glasgow. Only PIB, Knights and Uprising (TIRO close) got a bigger ones. I'm sure I seen someone on here a few years ago describe it, as a big song for "new age" Muse fans. I think that describes it well

Never understood the raving over the doubleneck intro and people wanting it back, always sounded like pointless warbling to me. Plus, Resistance is boring enough without a one and a half minute intro. I'm glad they just get it over with now.

That said, when I saw the reaction it got in London (and the amount of people on other fan pages who seem to love it), I realised that there's clearly an audience for it and can understand it sticking around, even if I don't like it. It's not like UD, which literally gets -28 cheers.

Never understood the raving over the doubleneck intro and people wanting it back, always sounded like pointless warbling to me. Plus, Resistance is boring enough without a one and a half minute intro. I'm glad they just get it over with now.
Same.

There seemed to have been one big "uuugghhhh" from the audience when it started in Belfast.

Yep, that happened in the little pocket I was in at the barrier, but then 95% of the people who moaned started getting really genuinely into it once the vocals came in. I just thought 'guys, you either like it or you don't - pls choose' :chuckle:

Apart from that, it probs got one of the loudest cheers of the night and a pretty good sing-and-jump-along during the choruses.

:yesey:

I like the double neck in Uprising but Resistance dragged at the best of times, let alone when it became like 7 minutes long.

Resistance got an insanely big reaction in Glasgow. Only PIB, Knights and Uprising (TIRO close) got a bigger ones. I'm sure I seen someone on here a few years ago describe it, as a big song for "new age" Muse fans. I think that describes it well

Resistance got by far the biggest reaction at Philly and DC, and I highly doubt that was unique amongst US gigs.

Was really surprised seeing it, that they'd not played it at some of the US gigs.

Was one of the few "big hits" that deserved to not be rotated.

Seems a fan met Chris backstage at a gig and had a chat with him about setlists

Link:

Nowt really interesting in that tbf, just "we've got lots of songs now so it gets harder to choose what to play". Then the old debate of "Matt doesn't choose the sets, they decide as a group" in the comments, even though it's been proven countless times that he does.

Nowt really interesting in that tbf, just "we've got lots of songs now so it gets harder to choose what to play". Then the old debate of "Matt doesn't choose the sets, they decide as a group" in the comments, even though it's been proven countless times that he does.

Yeah someone there tried to tell me what Chris said means Matt doesn't decide the set-lists.

When he says it gets harder for "them" to make the setlists, it's taking it way too literally to assume that must mean each member has an equal hand in writing them. And it sounds more natural than saying "when Matt writes the setlists." He's just referring to the band as a unit, and not talking about what parts each member plays.

I'm sure Chris and Dom give input, as evidenced by Dom's Q&A answers, but it's been pretty clear Matt writes them and has total veto power.

And when Matt speaks about the setlists, he tends to speak individually, and not as the collective "us/the band."

The kid got way too bent out of shape, saying people called him a "liar," for saying Chris had a hand in writing setlists... when his own account of what Chris said was completely non-specific on the topic, and he was himself reading into it...

Yeah I'm just leaving it now their argument doesn't make any sense. Unfortunately OP got upset.

Edited by Fish Luke

What Chris said in no way indicates that setlist writing is, or isn't, a group effort. In the slightest.

Just says that it's really hard to make the decisions having so many albums. Doesn't go into detail on how the decisions are made, at all.

I'm super baffled as to why this is so personal for some people.

Are people really that riled up because they want it to be a full band decision for some reason, or want someone to blame for a bad setlist, etc?

What Chris said in no way indicates that setlist writing is, or isn't, a group effort. In the slightest.

Just says that it's really hard to make the decisions having so many albums. Doesn't go into detail on how the decisions are made, at all.

I'm super baffled as to why this is so personal for some people.

Are people really that riled up because they want it to be a full band decision for some reason, or want someone to blame for a bad setlist, etc?

I was just interested whether OP had anything that suggested Chris/Dom had more say in deciding the setlist than we thought.

I was just interested whether OP had anything that suggested Chris/Dom had more say in deciding the setlist than we thought.

I didn't mean you, sorry.

I can see it being an interesting topic, and one that has some merit giving what's gone down at certain gigs (and entire countries,) and with the state of requests, etc.

I don't get why people seem to have a personal stake in what the answer is to the extent that they get that upset when presented with evidence for the opposing answer.

I didn't mean you, sorry.

I can see it being an interesting topic, and one that has some merit giving what's gone down at certain gigs (and entire countries,) and with the state of requests, etc.

I don't get why people seem to have a personal stake in what the answer is to the extent that they get that upset when presented with evidence for the opposing answer.

Cause people are delusional. I can comment to my heart's desire on that subreddit (as I did once in that thread) and people are always going to be in denial about what they want to hear. :facepalm::phu:

As that one person said in that thread on the subreddit, if the other guys had any significant amount of input on the setlists, we know it'd be very different. I know for a fact that Assassin/Micro Cuts/CE/The Small Print were planned for LA Rising back in 2011 "a proper metal fest" was planned for the co-headline with RATM.

And we ended up getting....

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2011/los-angeles-memorial-coliseum-los-angeles-ca-5bd0a31c.html