Wahey! We have a list thread!!

From worst to best show...

Wembley stadium 2010 Twilight night.... Despite managing to catch my final Newborn and Butterflies, had to endure NSC, GL and IBTY. Eeuurrggghhh!

02 Arena 2009 1st night... whilst it was a really decent length set ( Unintended popped out of nowhere), Matt seemed really pissed off and they seemed to just be going through the motions.

NIA 2016...... it was a great setlist ( got my first ever CE) but the audience felt a bit dead and did not seem particularly interested in the music.

O2 Arena 2016 12th...... The audience was a lot better, and the band seemed to feed from them. Sunburn was a nice surprise, and seeing the dildrone kill Jobby was pretty amusing.

Wembley Stadium 2007 DVD night..... fantastic, fantastic show. The atmosphere was electric, the support acts were great, and the band themselves aced it with a great setlist.

Birmingham NEC 2006.......My first ever Muse gig. Probably the best birthday present i have ever had, and the only time i will ever see MM sadly. The band were on point all the way through through, from the opening notes of TaB all the way through to the finale of KoC ( no SD outro unfortunately). Still my personal favourite gig, possibly due to the freshness of everything.

My ranking

1a. Belgrade 2007

15 song set with almost no production (I still don't know why) but they were on fire, especially Matt, he even said that it was his favorite concert after Wembley shows from that tour in some interview.

1b. Rock Werchter 2015

Great setlist, great show (as you all saw on live stream) but in a different way than that show in Belgrade. I can't really decided which one is my favorite.

My ranking

1a. Belgrade 2007

15 song set with almost no production (I still don't know why) but they were on fire, especially Matt, he even said that it was his favorite concert after Wembley shows from that tour in some interview.

1b. Rock Werchter 2015

Great setlist, great show (as you all saw on live stream) but in a different way than that show in Belgrade. I can't really decided which one is my favorite.

I will kill myself for not going to the first concert and I am so glad I was at the second one.

2. Manchester Academy 2015 - Brilliant setlist, band on top form. Crowd was mental. Tiny venue, wish I'd been brave enough to get closer.

seriously, don't be afraid. There is safety in numbers and it's not that rough. And if you were to fall, a sea of hands will pull you back up. It's not like a hardcore metal gig with like two twats running side to side, swinging their arms and legs while everyone else stands out the way for fear of losing a tooth. A muse mosh pit is much more classic in a sense, that you're bouncing, and sort of bashing against people with your arms at worst. I'm not that big, but I love the muse mosh pits they are some of the best! And that gig was something special. Even the knights circle pit. It looks worse than it is. If enough people just go for it when the riff kicks in its like a big bouncy castle of hype!!!

seriously, don't be afraid. There is safety in numbers and it's not that rough. And if you were to fall, a sea of hands will pull you back up. It's not like a hardcore metal gig with like two twats running side to side, swinging their arms and legs while everyone else stands out the way for fear of losing a tooth. A muse mosh pit is much more classic in a sense, that you're bouncing, and sort of bashing against people with your arms at worst. I'm not that big, but I love the muse mosh pits they are some of the best! And that gig was something special. Even the knights circle pit. It looks worse than it is. If enough people just go for it when the riff kicks in its like a big bouncy castle of hype!!!

Aw! I'm not afraid any more :D

1. Sydney 2010: First gig. Had all of the 2010 staples (most of which were great) plus Sunburn and CE. Alright, Slow Born sucked, but that light show for the intro was mental.

2. Sydney 2013: Butterflies. The one song I wanted to see more than anything else, and at the final gig of the tour, they played it for me. :awesome:

3. Melbourne 1, 2013: Great night overall. We had CE, and Stockholm closed.

4. Brisbane, 2013: Just a terrible night in general. I had my heart broken in Melbourne after the above gig, so GL was just adding insult to injury. No rarities either.

11 - London 15/04/16 - They played Apocalypse Please, the one song I wanted from this tour, and fucking Assassin the night before. I bought a ticket for this one hoping for 'second night' syndrome and instead I got feeling fucking good and a massive kick in the teeth setlist wise. Plus the performance was really half assed and the band really seemed to be phoning it in. Waste of time and money.

10 - London 11/04/16 - Was seated. Seats are never good. They did Undisclosed and a generally boring setlist. Great to see the spectacle of 'the show' from afar but I just felt ridiculously disconnected from the band and the performance. Never gonna do it again.

9 - London 12/04/16 - Hearing Map and Take A Bow for the first time was great. Sunburn was unwelcome but at least it wasnt feeling bad. Performance and crowd generally good. This one just loses for an uninspiring setlist.

8 - Manchester 22/03/15 - No setlist winners beyond The Groove, which is too short and disappointing when they'd played stuff like Futurism, Assassin, and Muscle Museum which I'd have actually killed a person to hear live. Another setlist gamble that simply did not pay off.

7 - Dublin - 03/11/12 - Not a bad gig by any measure, the T2L tour was spectacular, and at the time I got a personal winner (Sunburn), just the fact the other gigs in the top half of this list are so good means that was ultimately a generic arena tour show with a bland staple filled setlist comes bang in the middle.

6 - Coventry 22/05/13 - Don't get me wrong, the Unsustainable tour was one of the best spectacle shows I've ever seen. I had my first Dead Star and lost my fucking mind because it was so unexpected, despite a couple of airings on second nights, as well as a much welcomed return of Bliss and many of the better T2L tour songs. Unfortunately it just went stupid at the first encore and didn't recover.

5 - Glasgow 17/04/16 - A really good show, but it didn't do well setlist wise. I can live without Citizen Erased and the other rotations were losers too, despite being Map and Take A Bow (which were seriously overstaying their welcome by this point). Plus Madness was still there, lol.

4 - Glasgow 18/04/16 - Glasgow Jam! Map and Bliss! They dropped Madness! Plus as my last show of the run I just felt I was enjoying it for what it was by this point, giving up on the setlist game, which meant the total disappointment at Stockholm after JFK and feeling good didn't even ruin the show.

3 - Reading 28/08/11 - Yeah, third. First time seeing Muse, didn't appreciate it enough, was too far back, was a festival I generally didn't enjoy, Mind-blowing though.

2 - Download 13/06/15 - One of the bands best setlists ever. Even the staples were welcome. Crowd well up for it. Reasonably close. Dead Star and Micro Cuts and Handler debut! Just splendid. Wish every show had a similar mix of heavy/old and popular songs, without including crap for its own sake (see: starlight). Would have preferred it even more if AP or Map had been played but you really can't come out of this show and complain lol.

1 - Belfast 15/03/15 - Probably more for personal reasons than the show itself. I just finished my undergrad dissertation (a 7 month labour of love, it eventually got a first, I didn't know that at the time) and managed to get my parents to pay for me to fly home at 36 hours notice (not cheap) under the circumstances. Plus the setlist was absolutely unchained and had a lot of winners - two premieres, Fury (which I still think is more a 'bragging rights' song than 'this is great live), Uno back for the first time in 12 years, Hyper Music (which is class), Agitated, Unnatural Selection, and hell - even Animals was fun at this show. Plus the band were extremely talkative and the crowd were massively up for it. And I trolled the shit out of Twitter / the forums by claiming Reapers was Dead Star 2 (hahahaha... loads of people believed it too....). All this combined to make it my standout show. Just great on every level.

8 - Manchester 22/03/15 - No setlist winners beyond The Groove

1 - Belfast 15/03/15 - Plus the setlist was absolutely unchained and had a lot of winners - Fury (which I still think is more a 'bragging rights' song than 'this is great live), Hyper Music (which is class)

5 - Glasgow 17/04/16 - Map and Take A Bow (which were seriously overstaying their welcome by this point)

4 - Glasgow 18/04/16 - Map and Bliss!

i am a confusion

Edited by Jobby

:erm:

You spoiled brat :)

you know what they say: there's no accounting for taste. :p

i am a confusion

"Winner" means 'new song', which makes more sense if you look at the dates of the gigs rather than the order above. So say Dead Star wasnt a winner because I had it in 2013, or Sunburn wasnt a winner because I had it twice in 2012/2013. That said - some songs, like Map or Bliss, might not be necessarily 'rare' or 'new' to my list, but are certainly always welcome! It's mainly just the songs that seem to turn up at every gig (Stockholm, Hysteria, Plug, or tour staples like Follow Me or Globalist, as well as solid staples like Uprising or Knights) which annoy me or simply aren't counted, if they aren't taking a rotation slot.

Sunburn was unwelcome

The Groove, which is too short and disappointing

and at the time I got a personal winner (Sunburn)

Map and Take A Bow (which were seriously overstaying their welcome by this point).

the total disappointment at Stockholm after JFK

**watches ADL's head explode**

List time! Gonna go worst-to-best.

7 - Horse Guard's Parade, 2013: this was a lot of fun, but it was never going to be anything other than bottom of the list because it was so short and contained only hits I'd seen days earlier

6 - O2, Night 1, 2012: the first (and only) time I have ever been seated at a Muse gig, and spent most of it annoyed that I wasn't standing. The performance was pretty great, got a good set with Sunburn and a fantastic version of SS instead of NB :yesey: (SS being my favourite Muse song)

5 - Emirates 2, 2013: Good memories of this - first time seeing Map, Hysteria sounding surprisingly massive and best of all, Butterflies and Hurricanes. (I really wasn't too bothered about seeing Sunburn again, and don't think I will be in future). Got SS instead of NB again :D The gig seemed to go on for ever and ever. One thing noticeable was how badly songs such as Follow Me and Panic Station came off; the sense even quite far back in the crowd was "ok, this is nice, but hurry up and be over so we can hear something heavy or rare plz"

4: Reading Festival 2011: My first Muse gig. This should be closer to number 1, but I can't remember a great deal about it. Stuff comes back in fragments: the feeling when the drums in NB kicked in and the screen went dark blue, as the crowd suddenly became this thrilling and scary surging thing; amusement at Matt chucking his guitars so early in the gig; everyone singing the intro "Woooh"s in Hyper Music (:love:); everyone talking during Screenager and SS being absolutely mindblowing with the big screen and pyro.

2 = : O2 14/4 and 15/4, 2016: I can't separate these gigs, which were two of my favourite nights of the last year or two. I thought the setlists had almost perfect balance: the Drones songs came off brilliantly live and the hits didn't drag too much. Barely any cheese section as well. Seeing Assassin on Thursday was a surreal experience, I can scarcely believe it now. Wasn't actually too amazed by AP live, but I was miles away from the piano and the crowd were pretty tame. On Friday things were much more lively (but apparently only in the area where I was?) and enjoyed a mental rendition of SS with the moshpit crowd. The biggest highlight was Take a Bow, the one song I'd wanted to see the most from before the tour even started - it evens up both nights for me.

1: Exeter, 2015: Pretty much the perfect experience. The train through the countryside in the evening sun, the climb up the hill to the hall with other fans - it was all magical. I can't describe how amazing the atmosphere was during the opening half of Psycho, which is still my favourite live music experience ever. The setlist was beyond my wildest dreams and the crowd rose to the occasion too, particularly for MM, Futurism and Bliss. Along with the two O2 nights it pretty much covered every single Muse song I'd realistically want to see live, with the maybe the exception of Fury and Dead Star.

Have actually enjoyed reading everyone's stories so here's mine in date order

Earl's Court - 19th Dec 2004

This was my first ever time seeing muse, and I was seated a fair way back, but my most vivid memory is the encore of Apocalypse Please. Absolution is still probably my most favourite album of all time, and they played basically the whole thing at the gig. At the end of the main set it was one song I was dying to hear.. Cue the drums and I nearly jumped out of my seat on the top tier and down into the crowd i was that excited. This one is definitely top 3.

I was only 14 so was very lucky to have a friend's parents drive us down and home through the night.

Newcastle MetroRadio Arena - 19th Nov 2006

I had just moved to newcastle so this was a great gig as for once I diddn't have to travel. I was at the barrier, so diddn't get a good chance to mosh, and I don't remember anything sticking out about the setlist. I was very un-moved by BHAR when it came out after Absol, found it very hit and miss. Looking back at setlist.fm and I don't remember anything being particularly standout.

Liverpool Echo Arena - 5th November 2009

This again was a great show, the whole three towers stage thing was a really good intro, but the standout moment for me was stockholm syndrome, and I think it was with hullabaloons as well. Was happy to see USOE as well, I do really love that song. Mosh pit was great.

Lancashire County Cricket Ground - 4th Sept 2010

Again, a great stage. I really liked the set up for the resistance arena. Very clever stage design it really made you stop and go 'holy shit' when you entered the stadium. Supports were dreadful, a total buzzkill. Again, Stockholm Syndrome was great, as was the 2nd encore. PiB into Knights, I remember just having no energy left for the mosh pit,but dug deep and carried on jumping like a maniac.

Emirates Stadium, London - 26th May 2013

Now this was probably the best Muse stadium show for me, better setlist than LCCC, including Supremacy, Sunburn and Butterflies double whammy. Great crowd, lovely sunny day in London as well. Just a great vibe and excellent stage design as well. Was great to be really close to matt when he was on the piano. I was so sore from jumping around after the gig that I couldn't really walk up or down the stairs for 3 days. Sign of a good one, that.

Manchester Academy - 22nd March 2015

This is potentially no. 1. Rarities, B-Sides, Heavy shit, amazing crowd. Finally an old school crowd who were up for a good mosh pit. Maybe I should stop judging gigs on how fun the mosh pits are, but I can't help it. When I see Muse I just get so fucking pumped I want to let off some steam. Was really happy to hear Fury. After they played the groove earlier, I thought that may have been it. Everyone jumping around to psycho while the hype was still at max about the new album coming out was just awesome. And of course, Knights circle pit was amazing.

I was so lucky to get tickets. I swear within 2 minutes, I opened muse.mu on a whim (or maybe from an email) saw they'd been announced and politely asked my client in the studio to take a short break while I sorted it all out.

Download Festival - 13th June 2015

I will always have fond memories of driving to and from the gig. I had just got my brand new car. My first ever, and with only about a month's driving experience, drove from Newcastle to Derby, got there about 7pm, jumped around like a psycho to the whole set, then drove home and got to Newcastle about 5am. This was totally worth going though, the debut of The Handler, and a super awesome heavy set. Never felt so fucking thankful that I could finally afford a car. Was lucky to see Dead Star and Micro Cuts again after all those years ago at earl's court.

Manchester Arena - 8th April 2016

Not a great setlist, and a fairly average crowd but still a little bit of moshing to be had. Unfortunately this and the next night are at the bottom. Stage show great, but something just diddn't really click. I felt bad because I took my girlfriend to see them for the first time, who loved the show, but me and my long-time muse gig buddy left fairly underwhelmed. Mainly because there was no SS and we always just lose it to that. So we were talking about how it wasn't as good as in the past.

Manchester Arena - 9th April 2016

Went seated for this one, as was pretty knacked from the night before. We watched on from seats as they played Stockholm Syndrome, and Citizen Erased. Not much to say about that one really.

Overall, I would say I've been fairly lucky in terms of what songs I have seen, the only gig I've really been gutted about is that last one. And now that I'm older, I can go whenever I want. I work freelance and can clear my schedule pretty easily, for instance the Manchester club gig. I know others aren't so lucky. I would have been soul destroyed if I'd have missed that. Being an adult is great. I know people say 'don't grow up, it sucks' but as a muse fan, getting older has just meant I can go to more gigs. Here's hoping gig no. 10 is a special one. I'm thinking of going european for a change. Amsterdam or Germany perhaps. The only thing that will throw a spanner in the works is having kids. So they can wait until Muse stop touring.

**watches ADL's head explode**

I agree with this, these 5-6 night residencies should have more variation. I can't feel too bad for them considering they're consistently above average but it'd be nice to see a bit more variation, especially when it's easily done by playing material they've played within the last year (Assassin/Stockholm/New Born/Micro Cuts/Uno/Dead Star being rotated in the heavy slot with B&H/CE/Resistance/Map/Supremacy(?) being rotated in the "fan favorite" slot along with Panic Station/Hysteria/The Groove/Futurism being played in the bass slot).

If it has been played in the last year or so, I think it's a reasonable request for such a run of gigs in the same city.

1. Sydney 2010: First gig. Had all of the 2010 staples (most of which were great) plus Sunburn and CE. Alright, Slow Born sucked, but that light show for the intro was mental.

2. Sydney 2013: Butterflies. The one song I wanted to see more than anything else, and at the final gig of the tour, they played it for me. :awesome:

I was at both these gigs :awesome: Butterflies aside, 2013 wasn't an exceptional gig, but the crowd was fantastic, and Muse played really well. Shame about the snooze section in the middle.

Not sure if is a "fan favourite" but Resistance is one of Muse trademark songs for the mainstream world.

Look for example this, at 16:22.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk5zxA9UP2Q]

Not sure what that proves exactly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJLE_7JZrDo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJIGMEDv5LE

It just means the performers are fans of the song.

I can't relate to it either but it gets a great reaction from pretty much everyone, including the hardcore fans generally speaking.

Really? Generally from what I've seen since about the start of T2L tour is people just kind of yawning it off.