Off the current topic, but whatever happened to this?

292wmrs.jpg

Initially it was said Matt would have a couple of these on tour, personally i thought it looked awesome and fit with the whole Military-ish theme, i think there was even like a 100 that were put on sale, I haven't even seen any pictures of people who bought them for themselves

Iirc they aren't even made yet.

As silly as that seems.

What stopped the Mumford fans from minimizing energy due to cell phones, though? I still see a lot of people filming and taking pics at their gigs. I mean, we're not talking about mosh pits, here.

If people didn't film at Muse gigs I'd be pretty depressed anyways, since I'd almost never see one damn decent song...

I suppose the end-stage would do that on its own. There was a good amount of energy in all the cities that were "dead" on this tour.

Ideally, banning phones on the floor would get rid of the awful shaky cam and screeching fans on the barrier and we'd still get decent videos from the seats. Wouldn't change much other than get people to focus on the experience rather than sharing that experience on their facebook page for more likes (which they'll be able to do anyways with seated photo/video still being allowed).

There's some more beyond just bringing out random songs. I was watching an OoS tour concert, first time in a while, and it was amazing the difference in freedom during the performance. Licks, transitions, movements, they were all spontaneous. They still did things like have similar setlist structures, and using the same riffs, jams, and intros for songs, but it's not to the level where they can have a rather easily exactly reproducible script in the concerts now.

In general yes, but there has been a few times they've played things that weren't on the setlist.

Not on this arena tour, to anyone's benefit anyways (I'm looking at the shows where we were supposed to get Bliss but got PiB just like every other show on the West Coast)

Mayan was truly spontaneous and as much as I enjoyed it, I felt bad for Webster because they were a significantly better crowd with a shorter and I'd argue inferior setlist.

Not on this arena tour, to anyone's benefit anyways (I'm looking at the shows where we were supposed to get Bliss but got PiB just like every other show on the West Coast)

Mayan was truly spontaneous and as much as I enjoyed it, I felt bad for Webster because they were a significantly better crowd with a shorter and I'd argue inferior setlist.

Why do you think it was inferior? It seemed pretty great to me. I mean, I would be on the ninth cloud if they were going to play such a setlist in Milan, mashed with the new Drones songs in and Defector eventually replacing Madness.

Why do you think it was inferior? It seemed pretty great to me. I mean, I would be on the ninth cloud if they were going to play such a setlist in Milan, mashed with the new Drones songs in and Defector eventually replacing Madness.

He's talking about in relation to the other Psycho Tour gigs, not the Drones tour stuff.

The US ones weren't quite as spectacular as the other ones anyways, and arguably Assassin/Hyper Music (which was a spontaneous request, and not played in the US before iirc) trumps The Groove by quite a bit.

The third-phase of the setlists, could see the new structure of Defector finally coming in after JFK, Madness going the way of UD/Resistance, popping up at a few gigs, maybe the 'heavy' song (mostly Stockholm, sometimes Hysteria, or even Reapers/Assassin) going before JFK so there's a big outro before the interlude? I think Prelude/Starlight would be better immediately after the piano song too.

Maybe they just don't like it? Same with Aftermath I guess

In the Q&A organised by the admins of this messageboard, though, Dom has claimed Defector sounded good when they reharsed it, adding that they're waiting for "the planets to align" in order to play it (same for Aftermath).

Which I think it's a bit of bulls**t, to be honest.

In the Q&A organised by the admins of this messageboard, though, Dom has claimed Defector sounded good when they reharsed it, adding that they're waiting for "the planets to align" in order to play it (same for Aftermath).

"When the planets align" = "when Bellamy lets us" would be my guess.

"When the planets align" = "when Bellamy lets us" would be my guess.

Yeah, that was the first thing that popped into my mind when I first read that.

I said it before but I can't see any other reason to hold back a new album song unless you're saving it for a specific gig (i.e. The Handler - though, considering they're about 1/2 or 2/3 of the way through the Drones World Tour now, that wouldn't really make any sense) or it's hard to perform/doesn't sound right, which we know isn't the case for Defector. Matt had a fair few months between touting the album as their best yet and the world tour starting so it's definitely possible that he's fallen out of favour with a couple of the songs in that time.

Only other thing I can think of is if they're planning on doing a real out-and-out concept gig with Drones in full at some point and wanna save 1 or 2 tracks for that? Probs meant nothing by it but Dom did say something like "I'm sure we'll play them at some point!".

They've not played songs often, or at all, from previous albums, so it's not like it's a conspiracy, or anything, it's just that having the one performance of one of the current album songs be at a gig you had to win tickets to get in is a bit of a pisser.

Of course, Muse has been pulling shit like that in a big way since at least the Zepp.

I'm more surprised about Aftermath, since the early fan predictions (some of which were largely hinted at as coming from Matt himself) were that Aftermath was being "saved" for Europe after it was released as a single.

With the latter part actually being true, I would have thought the song would pop up for sure.

I've been really thinking a lot about that song lately, anyways. I remember Matt saying on xfm that the entire song was more bluesy and rock, and Mutt hardcore changed the entire thing... If that whole song used to be like the intro, it's a real crime we never got that version.

Honestly it was.

I still wonder what the meaning was behind Matt's "go talk to Chris" to Dom when he pestered Matt to play it at that other festival before Download.

Was it just a reference to the guitar tech not being ready for it?

It feels like ever since the Psycho Tour there's been a lot of disagreement between them about what songs to play.

Is this Q&A available to read anywhere? Sorry I've been pretty out of the loop lately