Next tour they should skip festivals completely, everybody know them by now and their shows in festivals are depressing compared to the ones in Arenas or Stadiums. They probably earn more money with an arena packed than with a festival.

Next tour they should skip festivals completely, everybody know them by now and their shows in festivals are depressing compared to the ones in Arenas or Stadiums. They probably earn more money with an arena packed than with a festival.

But the 2015 festival tour was better than like 80% of the arena tour. In fact, aside from these last few gigs where they've pretty much given up, I'd say this one's been reasonably solid as well.

Also, I doubt they earn more money from arena gigs, considering how much their productions usually cost. They could be bullshitting or exaggerating but I'm pretty sure they've said before that they barely break even on arena tours sometimes? Headlining festivals will bring them a pretty penny I reckon, and with relatively small production costs.

But the 2015 festival tour was better than like 80% of the arena tour. In fact, aside from these last few gigs where they've pretty much given up, I'd say this one's been reasonably solid as well.

I don't know, setlist-wise they had great shows like Download, but that's the exception, usually festival setlists are just a bunch of hits for casuals.

If the production cost are so high they should back up a little in arenas, then. I'm sure they could make a badass show with a few lights well placed.

I don't know, setlist-wise they had great shows like Download, but that's the exception, usually festival setlists are just a bunch of hits for casuals.

If we're talking just the 2015 festival run: AP was a regular, CE was semi-regular, stuff like Micro Cuts, Uno, The Groove, New Born and Agitated were popping up, Reapers and Stockholm were staples, Madness wasn't at every gig, Resistance was reasonably uncommon, Feely G was dead, Starlight still had guitar, average set length was probs 16 or so songs (only one less than the arena tour), level of performance was generally higher and more consistent (bar Matt's vocals).

It was pretty good mang, that's why a lot of people were surprised by the dip that came with the world tour.

Glad I watched the first half of CHVRCHES' set before heading over to watch Muse's set from the back rather than going for a good spot. Even going in with low expectations, this was underwhelming :LOL: The set length wasn't their fault - the festival only booked them for a 75-minute set - but the set list was. Playing Munich Jam and The Globalist when you only have so little time just doesn't make sense... but oh well :logic:

Glad I watched the first half of CHVRCHES' set before heading over to watch Muse's set from the back rather than going for a good spot. Even going in with low expectations, this was underwhelming :LOL: The set length wasn't their fault - the festival only booked them for a 75-minute set - but the set list was. Playing Munich Jam and The Globalist when you only have so little time just doesn't make sense... but oh well :logic:

Yeah, I wish I went to see Biffy Clyro instead of waiting hours to get a good spot for Muse...

Kept hoping for a surprise encore-opener so I stayed until after TG, but obviously there was no encore with a 75 minute set.

Playing Munich Jam, TG and Madness+DI back to back (same fucking song pretty much) is complete bullshit. They could've chosen to play 4 songs, of which one something like Reapers/SS/CE, and the set would've been pretty much tolerable.

I had very low expectations going into it last night. Muse still managed to disappoint and it makes me fucking sad :(

Poor form from the band, you get the feeling they just want this to all be over. They're putting in as little effort as possible which is a shame for the fans, they have every right to be pissed off. With that time slot they should be going all out.

Replace The Globalist for Bliss and Stockholm and it's hugely improved. It still baffles me that Reapers has been dropped.

Why did they drop the two best only good songs from the record?

I remember something about them dropping Reapers on the US tour due to the band feeling it wasn't getting a good enough reaction. No idea about the reasons for dropping it on the current festival circuit though.

I could be wrong but was Glastonbury the last time Reapers was was played live? These gigs could do with the intensity getting kicked up a notch.

I remember something about them dropping Reapers on the US tour due to the band feeling it wasn't getting a good enough reaction. No idea about the reasons for dropping it on the current festival circuit though.

Reapers hasn't been since Glastonbury, yeah. Not sure why.

Same reason it was dropped/rotated in the US, I assume. Doesn't get the reaction they want, even if it is the best live song on the album by a mile :( They'd rather use the time to play stuff that people'll react to like...The Globalist and...UD.

If we're talking just the 2015 festival run: AP was a regular, CE was semi-regular, stuff like Micro Cuts, Uno, The Groove, New Born and Agitated were popping up, Reapers and Stockholm were staples, Madness wasn't at every gig, Resistance was reasonably uncommon, Feely G was dead, Starlight still had guitar, average set length was probs 16 or so songs (only one less than the arena tour), level of performance was generally higher and more consistent (bar Matt's vocals).

It was pretty good mang, that's why a lot of people were surprised by the dip that came with the world tour.

And still I've read of people complaining about the 2015 festival tour... For goodness sake, I'd sell a kidney of mine to go back in time and attend even just one of those gigs, compared to what's happening now.

All Dutch newspapers are raving about Muse's set at Lowlands. Most mention that the rest of the lineup on Friday was pretty dull, so perhaps that's why Muse stood out. The Dutch press has always loved Muse though.

Either way, they continue to harvest praise on less than autopilot, so unless they listen to this board's loony fanatics, they can continue on the same path for a while before the mainstream considers them stale.

I thought they'd crossed over into being considered stale by some members of the UK press during The 2nd Law, given the derision Survival got when it was our Olympic anthem. But then their tours still get good reviews - the Drones arena tour got 4/5 across the board. Maybe it also helps of being less over-exposed to it - friends of mine saw them for the first time at Glastonbury and Download on this tour, and thought they were excellent.

I dunno. We'll see what happens on the next tour, whether or not its isolated stuff next year or follows LP8. If, indeed, they do an LP rather than odd singles.