Did Matt just scream in Mercy?

Seems like it, unless someone near the taper has really good timing.

The answer is "yes," though. A little.

Are you saying it's finally worth listening to?

It was nice, but I don't think it makes up for coming in late on every single line, speaking of timing...

Seemed like a larger than normal problem in the songs I've listened to so far.

SS, one of my favorite songs, I thought that with my two gigs I would have seen it, then they dropped it before the tour started, then I thought I would get bliss or CE, seeing the beginning of the US leg setlist, bought ticket flight etc.. then they dropped those too :eek:

and I was like this can be real! but since was the first time seeing then , I was happy :LOL:

Seems awfully weird that it was the first non "single" track they were playing before the album release and then it's gone entirely before the end of the tour.

I think they debuted it so early because they knew it was the kind of song that'd go down well with most fans. They (Matt) probs just misjudged it and expected that enjoyment to be expressed with energy and jumping and general mentalness when it just isn't really that kind of song. Probs why they originally introduced it as a closer as well, thinking it was maybe a new Stockholm. As much as I love it and think it's great live, the most I can really move to it is by goof-dancing during the chorus.

So it's basically another victim of "people aren't moving to it enough, let's bin it". Was it Kirky who tweeted out something like "why aren't you lot moshing to Reapers?" a while back?

I think they debuted it so early because they knew it was the kind of song that'd go down well with most fans. They (Matt) probs just misjudged it and expected that enjoyment to be expressed with energy and jumping and general mentalness when it just isn't really that kind of song. Probs why they originally introduced it as a closer as well, thinking it was maybe a new Stockholm. As much as I love it and think it's great live, the most I can really move to it is by goof-dancing during the chorus.

So it's basically another victim of "people aren't moving to it enough, let's bin it". Was it Kirky who tweeted out something like "why aren't you lot moshing to Reapers?" a while back?

I thought it was Glen, but I don't know if I'm right.

It seemed stupid then, because like you said, a poppy falsetto chorus doesn't really bring "moshing" to my mind. Really, not even the verses have that vibe.

Not to mention it's a new song, and not a radio single... and Matt has always had a problem "reading" receptions to new songs.

People can't sing along if they don't know the damn song, and they're less likely to jump around and more likely to just pay attention, you fucking bonehead. :facepalm:

Doesn't mean they're not enjoying it.

Maybe people want to, you know, pay attention because it's very likely to be the only time they see a non-hit song with this band.

Muse are weird 10 years ago they had no issues closing with Take A Bow, they really should have tried closing with Reapers again at last years festivals they even had a lyric video for the song at that point...

Maybe he doesn't like playing reapers , too difficult for him :LOL: , or not getting the reaction he specifically wants

It's really not as difficult as it sounds though. :chuckle:

Did they seriously go SS + riffs into IS? :wtf:

Actually Stockholm without riffs going straight into The Handler could have worked really nicely. Hadn't thought of that before. Might try it.

They did that a lot last tour.

Ah, fair enough. Just seemed odd early in the set. I missed the T2L tour and the Drones show I went to didn't have SS so without following every show all the time, I was a bit surprised to see that combo.

Reminds me of SS + riffs into Take A Bow. That worked brilliantly on the BH&R tour.

In fact, SS into TaB is still the best closing combo they've ever had, especially if you stick another Drop-D song in before SS (Micro Cuts, Dead Star, etc).

Reminds me of SS + riffs into Take A Bow. That worked brilliantly on the BH&R tour.

In fact, SS into TaB is still the best closing combo they've ever had, especially if you stick another Drop-D song in before SS (Micro Cuts, Dead Star, etc).

I'd love to see an encore of

WATU + Uprising

Stockholm + Riffs

Take A Bow

It's probably the only time I'd be able to tolerate Uprising.