Yeah, I guess that's what I always figured, and why I've avoided all but the small radio festivals.

I went to Lolla in TX ages ago, but it was a small fraction of that size.

I cannot imagine paying $300+ to go to one of those, and not being able to see or hear.

And what do the people do who hold the barrier all day. Do they, like, PEE up there...? :unsure:

It's usually not that hard to get a spot closer (the crowd thins towards the back). If you're all the way back there it's probably your choice. I've done it before when I just wanted to relax a bit. You can still hear. Granted it was a much smaller festival.

I've done a few barriers at festivals. Limit beverage consumption and sweat it out.

Post festival dehydration is part of the experience.

I've done a few barriers at festivals. Limit beverage consumption and sweat it out.

Not that that's remotely possible for me with what's happened to me (I'm happy with an hour,) but I guess I've always been really curious.

I didn't know it was even possible to hold your bladder for 12 hours.

I just cannot imagine enjoying ANYthing after I've had to pee for so long. :eek:

Then again, peeing ones' pants might give them extra room...

(I have been peed on at festivals exactly twice.)

It's usually not that hard to get a spot closer (the crowd thins towards the back). If you're all the way back there it's probably your choice. I've done it before when I just wanted to relax a bit. You can still hear. Granted it was a much smaller festival.

I've done some lame radio station festivals in Wisconsin and St Louis back in the day, but they were tiny and there was barely anyone there.

Of course, the bands sucked too. tbf, I listen to so little music that festivals are like going to see a band with 10 hours of opening acts. :chuckle:

One of them even had seats at the main stage.

Lollapalooza Woodlands, TX was my last festival ever, and it was completely lame.

There was no where near 100k people there (I would have guessed more like 30k,) and still even though I got to the main stage 3 hours before the gig after I was done working, I couldn't actually hear from where I was.

Maybe it was just their screwed up amphitheater style thing, though. They didn't do overlapping "headliners" either, so everyone was always at one stage for the end of the festival.

I was going to leave and start driving home, and the festival cops invited me to a nice tent with a fan in it where they were all smoking weed, gambling and drinking (it was literally 110F out) so it wasn't a total bust.

Although in hindsight it's probably lucky I didn't end up pants-less and dead in a dumpster. eh, I was young.

But yeah, knowing I'd have to leave to pee, festivals are a bit out of my league now, even if I were so inclined.

So apparently Assassin and Butterflies were actually played in Kiev.

{Drill Sergeant} Psycho

Plug In Baby

Butterflies and Hurricanes

Assassin

{Isolated System} The Handler

Supermassive Black Hole

Starlight

Munich Jam

Madness

Dead Inside

{Interlude} Hysteria

Time Is Running Out

The Globalist {Drones}

Uprising

Mercy

Knights of Cydonia

Not bad, they actually played the two winners of the poll (I think those two won it).

That just blows my mind. I have a boss who's spent time in jail and is a registered sex offender for peeing while hiking.

On the plus side, he does get out of doing all of our mandatory volunteer work.

That's crazy. You don't find many public toilets out in the wilds so what else can you do?

I have wee'd in a cup in a crowd, to avoid queuing and missing bands. And once on the ground getting mates to surround me. :chuckle: never bothered about getting on the barrier though, never felt the need to be that close tbh, I want space for throwing a few shapes, especially at festivals.

That just blows my mind. I have a boss who's spent time in jail and is a registered sex offender for peeing while hiking.

On the plus side, he does get out of doing all of our mandatory volunteer work.

Jesus. I wee in the woods most days!

Wasn't there some controversy with people peeing on the field at Glasto, too? :chuckle:

Someone did that near me during Dizzee Rascal at the 2013 Emirates Stadium gig. And that wound up being where the moshpit was. Gross.

Still, its a field rather than boarding covering a football pitch. As long as its not going in cups and being thrown, or likewise with bottles - as a friend has done at a festival - then its surely an improvement.

Me and my mate started the biggest wave of bottle peeing ever at Glastonbury in 2013.

We were waiting for the Stones and we had a really great spot so there was no way we were going to leave. So we held out and took the plunge right in the middle of everyone.

And then everyone started :LOL:. It was as if everyone was waiting for the first person to crack.

Problem was, I picked up a 500ml bottle off the floor to use... yeah, wasn't enough after 12 hours of drinking :LOL:.