Downloaded the 2015 Vieilles Charrues Festival video from Musebootlegs. I was completely unaware of the gig until today. What was everyone's opinion of it? I've only watched a few songs, but it seems like one of the better gigs from the last year or so. It's cool to have a recent pro-shot of The Groove, and I thought the performance of Citizen Erased was fantastic. And AP coming right after CE is just perfect.

So... going back to the dead horse of song requests... I found this interesting given the timing and the fact that they both played Glasto.

Coldplay sent out an email in advance of their North American tour for fans to submit 15 second Instagram videos of themselves asking the band to play a song they don't usually play, and why. There are appropriate hashtags per tour stop, and Coldplay is asking for a hashtag for the song for tracking purposes too, and the the videos should tag the band as well to get their attention. They'll choose one of those videos and play the song per show.

Regardless of what you think about Coldplay (and I know it's not generally positive these days, because they're not "cool" anymore) that's a pretty cool move, and I think we'd all drool if Muse did something like this. I mean, we'd also be super pessimistic and think that they'll back out even though they'd be sending this publicly via email... but rarity requests by Instagram is cool.

Downloaded the 2015 Vieilles Charrues Festival video from Musebootlegs. I was completely unaware of the gig until today. What was everyone's opinion of it? I've only watched a few songs, but it seems like one of the better gigs from the last year or so. It's cool to have a recent pro-shot of The Groove, and I thought the performance of Citizen Erased was fantastic. And AP coming right after CE is just perfect.

Watched the live stream at the time. Thought it was INCREDIBLE

That's an interesting idea, and interesting to see Coldplay do it, since they're a much bigger mainstream band than Muse.

I find it hard to believe Coldplay also doesn't have a very large "casual" fanbase.

Will be interesting to see if anything rare actually gets played, though.

Band bf and I went to see recently did a setlist poll where you could pick one gig and vote for one "non-hit" song... unfortunately, they have a real CE-level fan favorite, and it won at every gig, so it seemed a bit dirty since they've apparently never not played that particular song. :erm:

I'm not going to bitch too much, though, because it was the single most engaging gig I've seen in my life. It probably wouldn't have mattered what they played.

It wasn't Werchter, but it was super good.

I remember watching the stream.

That's an interesting idea, and interesting to see Coldplay do it, since they're a much bigger mainstream band than Muse.

I find it hard to believe Coldplay also doesn't have a very large "casual" fanbase.

Will be interesting to see if anything rare actually gets played, though.

They've already been doing it for their South American and European gigs this year, and generally the chosen songs have been old-ish singles and a few album tracks. Nothing super obscure like b-sides but still some songs that probably wouldn't get played otherwise. The equivalent of Muse playing stuff like B&H, Assassin, Hyper Music etc

They've already been doing it for their South American and European gigs this year, and generally the chosen songs have been old-ish singles and a few album tracks. Nothing super obscure like b-sides but still some songs that probably wouldn't get played otherwise. The equivalent of Muse playing stuff like B&H, Assassin, Hyper Music etc

That's pretty cool.

I'm not even fussed about Muse's B-sides, tbh, and I'd be happy as shit to see something like Assassin (or Bliss. :supersad: )

I think some of them do get a little obscure for the crowds... but then again, Muse pulled out Agitated and Yes Please at random arena gigs during T2L, which makes no sense at all, unless he was in such a mental state that doing something for himself actually overrode caring about his perception of the crowd reaction for a very narrow period of time.

Fury really did get a ton more votes than I'd expected in that poll, however. Would love dearly to see that one, but it's not one I'll be unhappy about never seeing since it IS damn obscure.