I just find Fury so... Boring, idk. Very droney, I mean it's still good and all, but I prefer the other 3. Although it does have my favourite lyric

Glorious has that epic, space esque guitar going on, Easily is great and I like the pace of Crying Shame and the vocals

I love Fury - especially live. The chorus sounds as if it would be absolutely mega to hear in person. Also a huge fan of Easily and really wish it had been included on the album. Not as big on Crying Shame or Glorious but do generally listen to both if they come up on shuffle.

While we're on the topic of B-Sides let's have some love for Eternally Missed too because that song is pretty wonderful.

Fury > Easily / Eternally Missed > Glorious > Crying Shame

Is there any "By Request" vote for the upcoming shows?

Doesn't appear so, so maybe we got our one nod from the band after bitching? :chuckle:

Minimum effort.

Seriously, though, the Ukraine one benefitted from VK; would putting every gig up for vote on their FB or IG with 50 million members work out as well?

And who wants to count all those votes since they can't figure out how to do a poll? :chuckle:

No way to really make it regional, though.

Hopefully they just keep playing stuff like Assassin and BH since Matt was immediately proven wrong about people not voting for stuff like that.

I can't really get behind the album version of Crying Shame. Riff is too surf/cartoony.

If they'd kept the original lyrics and guitar riff then I could have seen the studio version being one of my favourite ever Muse songs.

That Rich Costey ey? ;)

For some reason music became the "love it or leave it" sector of the arts, while people absolutely do retain the ability to be critical of books, movies, TV, etc and still actually like them, for the most part.

I think there's something about music in particular that can tap into raw, personal emotions in a way that other art forms often don't. Not to say that other art forms don't also have profound effects on people. I'm sure there's a psychological/physiological reasoning behind it.

I think there's something about music in particular that can tap into raw, personal emotions in a way that other art forms often don't. Not to say that other art forms don't also have profound effects on people. I'm sure there's a psychological/physiological reasoning behind it.

You do see that with other entertainment, too. Take long running book series where people get so enmeshed with the characters that they almost always abhor the ending. :chuckle:

I suppose both phenomena could be attributed with the "wish fulfillment" aspect of the fandom, but that's not really something that I've ever found myself attuned to.