Revolt as new single!

Nature2

• 2 weeks later...
On my first listen, Revolt was the point where I completely lost the faith in Drones.

It's an awful song, there's nothing Muse-y about it. Even when trying new styles a song can feel like Muse. Madness had that Muse feeling in the falsetto and the small guitar solo, NSC had all the poppy elements from TR and BHAR, Panic Station's solo was reminiscent of Hysteria's and even the first time we heard the leak of Mercy we could see some elements from BHAR.

Revolt is just plain awful. If they wanted a radio friendly song they could have chosen Aftermath, which is mostly good until the cheese arrives at the end of the song.

I agree with you. There is absolutely nothing I like about this song. Not one thing. I am startu g to rank it as their worst song ever, even behind Overdue. At least that Overdue riff is not bad. That song is shit but at least it is a brave, underground shit. This is just horrendous pop crap desperate to be a hit. But it's just shit.

I still prefer Revolt to Defector. On first listen, however, Defector and Revolt killed Drones dead. Aftermath and Globalist picked it back up again and Revolt's grown on me, but I don't think I'll ever forget the pure hatred and disappointment whilst listening to Revolt and Defector for the first time.

So butthurt :awesome:. Love the idea Muse can only be Muse by sounding like their older selves.

Revolt is great.

If the 'proper' video is released this week, wat will happen with the lyric video they supposedly also created? I must admit that I was more looking forward to seeing the lyric video series expanded than to an actual video

The lyric video could still come out

• 1 month later...

I think Revolt is going to be a good hit as a single in the US - just down their alley, to my understanding.

Muse is definitely going to be playing Revolt, Defector and The Globalist on the new tour. I just really hope they make some changes to The Globalist ending, when it goes live... Like, do an insane transition into Citizen Erased or something. I feel like the ending, as it is now, would feel a bit anti-climatic for the audience.

I think Revolt is going to be a good hit as a single in the US - just down their alley, to my understanding.

Muse is definitely going to be playing Revolt, Defector and The Globalist on the new tour. I just really hope they make some changes to The Globalist ending, when it goes live... Like, do an insane transition into Citizen Erased or something. I feel like the ending, as it is now, would feel a bit anti-climatic for the audience.

I massively doubt they'll change anything, except maybe Matt might sing that 'forevermore' in falsetto.

I'm predicting a 'Globalist + something big (maybe TAB or Knights)' encore but it wouldn't surprise me if they just went with TG by itself. They closed with Starlight on the last tour and were closing the main set with Uprising up until the last gig of this one, anticlimax ain't a new thing to Muse.

I'm surprised they think this single has any commercial value here, for all I know Americans would get sensitive and say the sirens and the lyrical content joke about the tension here towards cops. I also just think this song is too OTT to even chart.

That, plus it wasn't released soon enough to chart. This isn't a song for the fall and winter, it's for singing along to in the car on the way to the beach.

I posted in the main Drones thread that virtual reality film makers Vrse were planning to follow up their debut Apple Music-exclusive music video for U2 by "making a post-apocalyptic action video for Muse". So, clearly, this.

Seems a bit much they've waited five months after the album came out though. Then again they're still dragging feet on announcing US tour dates for a tour that starts next month. So who knows.