Revolt as new single!

Nature2

At this stage, I think that's pretty unlikely
I still think they're a band who has to stay relevant. Sure their name pulls a lot of people, but the fact that they're still mostly known for their latest singles, even at gigs, shows that they need that attention imo.

• 4 weeks later...

Am I the only one who thinks Revolt actually has some potential? It's a song like the use the do pre-Showbiz. Not their best, but it has a tempo-switch, sticky chorus, surfy guitar. I think it's ok, given the overall mediocre level of Drones.

Am I the only one who thinks Revolt actually has some potential? It's a song like the use the do pre-Showbiz. Not their best, but it has a tempo-switch, sticky chorus, surfy guitar. I think it's ok, given the overall mediocre level of Drones.
Not really that excited about a track being compared to pre-Showbiz songs.

But I do like it.

Somebody told me this track reminds him of The Killers - All These Things That I've Done

I lol'd a bit

Yeah I didn't think this would be a single, but if, let it be in a Invincible-esque kind of thingie. Because for some random reason I didn't believe to dig out Invincible with a melody like that would've been chosen as a single... :LOL: no hate for that song though, some things do not seem to be get by me though.

On my first listen, Revolt was the point where I completely lost the faith in Drones.

It's an awful song, there's nothing Muse-y about it. Even when trying new styles a song can feel like Muse. Madness had that Muse feeling in the falsetto and the small guitar solo, NSC had all the poppy elements from TR and BHAR, Panic Station's solo was reminiscent of Hysteria's and even the first time we heard the leak of Mercy we could see some elements from BHAR.

Revolt is just plain awful. If they wanted a radio friendly song they could have chosen Aftermath, which is mostly good until the cheese arrives at the end of the song.

Edited by aikiclo

On my first listen, Revolt was the point where I completely lost the faith in Drones.

It's an awful song, there's nothing Muse-y about it. Even when trying new styles a song can feel like Muse. Madness had that Muse feeling in the falsetto and the small guitar solo, NSC had all the poppy elements from TR and BHAR, Panic Station's solo was reminiscent of Hysteria's and even the first time we heard the leak of Mercy we could see some elements from BHAR.

Revolt is just plain awful. If they wanted a radio friendly song they could have chosen Aftermath, which is mostly good until the cheese arrives at the end of the song.

I agree with you. There is absolutely nothing I like about this song. Not one thing. I am startu g to rank it as their worst song ever, even behind Overdue. At least that Overdue riff is not bad. That song is shit but at least it is a brave, underground shit. This is just horrendous pop crap desperate to be a hit. But it's just shit.

Some pretty melodramatic responses to this song on here, but then again I know how badly I react to MK Ultra so fair enough.

To me this isn't that bad a song and it certainly didn't/shouldn't ruin the album as a whole. If the chorus had heavier guitars and lost those queen vocals then it would be miles better, but the verses are a lot of fun and Matt's vocal delivery is great. Aftermath is just as cheesy but Matt's vocals are absolutely rubbish (especially the first and last lines of the whole thing) and the guitar solo's terrible. Definitely the weakest for me.

It's an awful song, there's nothing Muse-y about it.

The guitar solo, the falsetto in 'escape', generic political lyrics. If anything, the main chorus ('You can revolt') is pure Muse as well.

How is Aftermath (a slow, nigh-6 minute soft rock ballad with a 1:20 intro) more radio friendly than Revolt (a fairly standard, if a bit outrageous, 4 minute upbeat + catchy pop rock song)?

If the chorus had heavier guitars and lost those queen vocals then it would be miles better, but the verses are a lot of fun and Matt's vocal delivery is great.

I'm still waiting on some official instrumentals so I can edit together a version without the Queen-y 'You can grow' bits. After that, it'll be pretty much perfect for me.

I suppose I like Revolt, but I don't love it. Just liking it.

I think it has definitely some "Musish" elements, besides falsettos and belting chest voice, like the feedbacks made by rhythmic guitar in the verses and the "gurgling" light synth in the chorus.

Overall, it goddamnly reminds me of something between Fillip and Easily, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

If only they didn't decide to include those gospel-like vocals in the chorus (0…0You can grow!!... You can grow!!...0†3)...