Revolt as new single!

Nature2

What? Are you going to tell me the mass of the people is a intelligent, selective and charming bunch?

*an

You honestly think that you're superior to the average person because of your music tastes? A song isn't better because it's heavy and dark. It's all subjective.

This is awesome news! Can't wait to hear Matt deliver the second verse live!

Also, Muse is objectively better than most "pop" music on the local pop station here for the simple fact that it is not overplayed. Seriously, it's like they have a rotation of 4 songs that they play over and over and over...and over. And the fact that most pop music is pretty repetitive (Muse is as well!), a good song tends to wear out its welcome VERY quickly for me.

It's 80% of the reason why I can't stand Taylor Swift. Decent songs....repetitive and overplayed until I never want to hear it again.

What? Are you going to tell me the mass of the people is a intelligent, selective and charming bunch?

One day you're going to grow up and realize humanity consists of individuals.

I'd rather befriend someone who listens to pop music for fun than a wanker who thinks he's a superior lifeform because he prefers a different set of notes.

One day you're going to grow up and realize humanity consists of individuals.

I'd rather befriend someone who listens to pop music for fun than a wanker who thinks he's a superior lifeform because he prefers a different set of notes.

Same, totally agree. I love a ton of music be it pop or rock, everyone has their own different tastes and it's how it speaks to your soul. Even if you think what they like is shit, it doesn't make you better then them- in fact it makes you a worse person for thinking you are above them.

Happy's a wonderful song. I was trying to explain this to my mum on the way to our holiday the other year, we were in the car listening to one of those Radio 1 things, and I dismissed a lot of the songs as rubbish but really loved a few things by Pharrell and Ed Sheeran - because, derp, a good pop song written with passion and creativity is great, and stuff that's following a lazy trend without any imagination is shit. DERP. Give me Beyonce or Lady Gaga or Rihanna etc etc (produced to fuckery, electronic, expressive and creative as fuck) over Sam Smith or John Legend or bloody James Bay (boring as sin, yet 'proper live singer-songwriter' type music, and based on the same pop chord sequence that plagues my fucking radio every time I turn it on - and Mercy plugs right into that which why I CANNOT cope with how bland it is, this is not my Muse... anyway...)

As for 'no rock in the charts' - Muse were no. 1 for weeks, right? And it's been a long time since I followed it but just looking right now Bring Me the Horizon are at no. 55... and I can see, I dunno. Brandon Flowers, lol. I agree that rock is falling out of fashion again but for the past decade or so rock music has been HUGE. That's why the major rock festivals ended up being spoiled. I have noticed too that the songs that chart don't change as much as they used to (I have a few books that list charts back in the day) and stuff would come and go way more often than it does now, I have a weird thing about dates and could always name the year a song or album came out when I paid more attention to music than I do now (when i was really little, the radio and the charts were the only way to hear new stuff you see). But looking at the Singles chart now there's about 3 Ed Sheeran singles in there, 2 Hoziers and that Ellie Goulding (shite) song is still going strong from last year.

Anyway.

A good song is a good song, nobody is better than pop music /end rant

nice there's actually an interesting conversation despite my post being just some angry rant..

btw. i love GOOD pop music in general.. as for muse i freaking adore madness, endlessly, bliss etc. it's just that revolt and mercy aren't actually good. i know it's my opinion and all but it freaks me out when such poor songs like mercy and revolt are singles while the handler and reapers are not. and i don't like the tendency of muse releasing only pop songs as singles. it's pathetic from them trying to please the mainstream radio stations.

nice there's actually an interesting conversation despite my post being just some angry rant..

btw. i love GOOD pop music in general.. as for muse i freaking adore madness, endlessly, bliss etc. it's just that revolt and mercy aren't actually good. i know it's my opinion and all but it freaks me out when such poor songs like mercy and revolt are singles while the handler and reapers are not. and i don't like the tendency of muse releasing only pop songs as singles. it's pathetic from them trying to please the mainstream radio stations.

Endlessly surely isn't pop

I don't think they care about pleasing radio stations...They care about getting fans, and I think they're stuck in the idea that the poppiest song is also the most likely to become a hit.

But honestly, The Handler really doesn't have any single potential. Reapers I can totally see as a single though. People who say it's too complex, really? It's a bunch of riffs, a cool tapping intro and a very catchy chorus. Just because you might find some uncommon musical features if you look into the theory of the song that doesn't mean it's too complicated for the average radio listener.

Reapers I can totally see as a single though. People who say it's too complex, really? It's a bunch of riffs, a cool tapping intro and a very catchy chorus. Just because you might find some uncommon musical features if you look into the theory of the song that doesn't mean it's too complicated for the average radio listener.

I think it would have worked well :) just get rid of the outro

They are, plain and simple, not going to be able to sustain their tours featuring giant idiotic center stages and inflatable dildos with acrobats if they don't focus at least a little on trying to get songs on the radio...

I don't know. A viral video with some inflatable dildo action might just do the trick instead.

They are, plain and simple, not going to be able to sustain their tours featuring giant idiotic center stages and inflatable dildos with acrobats if they don't focus at least a little on trying to get songs on the radio...

They get most of their money from touring, I would guess? So probably doesn't really matter if their albums or singles sell well tbh

They get most of their money from touring, I would guess? So probably doesn't really matter if their albums or singles sell well tbh
The point was probably that no one will come to their gigs if they haven't heard of the band.