Revolt as new single!

Nature2

And, less of a gripe, but it seemed like all of the people revolting were women and all of the soldiers were men? I don't mind coz it's just the actors' genders, but I hope it's not another thing that's trying to suggest that men are all oppressive and evil :/

wut about the robots tho

#NotAllMen

No, not all men. And I'm not gonna stop saying that because a few crazy kill-all-men Tumblr feminists started a hashtag because they simply can't stand any valid argument against half of their stupid claims. Just because women have been oppressed for thousands of years doesn't mean that now it's time for 'revenge' and men should start being portrayed as vile pigs that should be crucified. If I say "I'm sick of all women obsessing over band members", are you going to disagree with "Not all women do that", or is that just not being able to handle criticism? Seriously, hashtags and trends like that are so stupid and I'm sure it would have been started by a few teenage Tumblr users who have no clue about anything.

:LOL:

I kind of liked that virtual reality thingy. Still not my most favourite video, but I don't think it's bad.

I'm actually kinda sad I can't see the "virtual reality" one.

No, not all men. And I'm not gonna stop saying that because a few crazy kill-all-men Tumblr feminists started a hashtag because they simply can't stand any valid argument against half of their stupid claims. Just because women have been oppressed for thousands of years doesn't mean that now it's time for 'revenge' and men should start being portrayed as vile pigs that should be crucified. If I say "I'm sick of all women obsessing over band members", are you going to disagree with "Not all women do that", or is that just not being able to handle criticism? Seriously, hashtags and trends like that are so stupid and I'm sure it would have been started by a few teenage Tumblr users who have no clue about anything.

You realize saying all women fantasize about band members is also sexist and repressive, right...?

Or minimalizing the feminist movement as a delusion started by "teenage Tumblr users"?

Wowza...

I don't get what's so difficult to understand about how the ruling/oppressive class has historically been a men's club.

Instead of making actual progress, people just want to take every damn thing personally, and overreact with this "makes all men seem evil and disgusting" line... and completely ignore the fact that MAYBE IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU.

This video made me feel a bit more favorably about Matt's "I see the protagonist as a woman" statement, which I thought was a bit of a blunder previously.

Or at least an intentional misdirect because the album's about him, but he needs to tell his kid something someday.

I'm actually kinda sad I can't see the "virtual reality" one.

You realize saying all women fantasize about band members is also sexist and repressive, right...?

Or minimalizing the feminist movement as a delusion started by "teenage Tumblr users"?

Wowza...

I don't get what's so difficult to understand about how the ruling/oppressive class has historically been a men's club.

Instead of making actual progress, people just want to take every damn thing personally, and overreact with this "makes all men seem evil and disgusting" line... and completely ignore the fact that MAYBE IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU.

This video made me feel a bit more favorably about Matt's "I see the protagonist as a woman" statement, which I thought was a bit of a blunder previously.

Or at least an intentional misdirect because the album's about him, but he needs to tell his kid something someday.

I'm saying that people who say that the 'Not All Men' is stupid are stupid. I said that Tumblr started the NotAllMen hashtag as a way to say that men should shut up and accept that they're all oppressive pigs who should burn in hell. That's literally what it is. I used the women being obsessed with band members to show how sexist the NotAllMen statement is. Try reading my freaking comment before you go on at me about something entirely irrelevant, because I am a freaking feminist.

I said that I don't like what the video could be implying because it fuels some people with more arguments about how all men oppress them and hate them and shouldn't exist. The NotAllMen hashtag is the most stupid trend I've ever seen on the Internet. Feminism is supposed to promote people expressing their feelings, but they're literally telling men to 'shut up and take it like a man' with that statement. It's sexist, stupid and it DID start on Tumblr. I've seen the post that started the trend.

The thing about these arguments though, is that people don't say 'all ...' in the first place.

They say 'I'm sick of women obsessing over band members.'

Then if people say 'I'm a woman and I don't obsess over band members' you have every right to laugh and say 'Then I'm not complaining about you am I, #notallwomen lol'

Edited by Gemsy

I'm saying that people who say that the 'Not All Men' is stupid are stupid. I said that Tumblr started the NotAllMen hashtag as a way to say that men should shut up and accept that they're all oppressive pigs who should burn in hell. That's literally what it is. I used the women being obsessed with band members to show how sexist the NotAllMen statement is. Try reading my freaking comment before you go on at me about something entirely irrelevant, because I am a freaking feminist.

I said that I don't like what the video could be implying because it fuels some people with more arguments about how all men oppress them and hate them and shouldn't exist. The NotAllMen hashtag is the most stupid trend I've ever seen on the Internet. Feminism is supposed to promote people expressing their feelings, but they're literally telling men to 'shut up and take it like a man' with that statement. It's sexist, stupid and it DID start on Tumblr. I've seen the post that started the trend.

It started on Twitter

I'm assuming it's all fish-eyed because of the VR thing?

Might have to try and snag the boyfriend's cell phone while he's sleeping and check it out...

Yes. You can move your phone to see different parts of the screen. Like you're steering the drone and the screen is what you see through it.

And where exactly is that bloody kick? I missed it the first time on my PC, and the second time I was distracted by my drone phone. :chuckle:

You're totally missing the point with the hashtag. It is usually used in a context where the speaker tries to defend himself from whatever was said about men. "Not all men. I don't do that". Which kills any productive discussion regarding issues with the male gender, such as an extreme history of oppression, as well as toxic behaviour which is promoted by the very same men. It's literally some guy who stops a debate about toxic gender roles simply to prove that he is a nice guy.

It's also ironic that the people who complain about men being portrayed as oppressive pigs never seem to complain about negative female portrayals.

In a long time? If we're talking music videos only, not lyrics, I'd say the last good ones were only a couple of years back in The 2nd Law. Panic Station is just hilarious and doesn't take itself seriously, and I love both music videos for Animals, the animated fan one and the original one.

What's the original one?

You're totally missing the point with the hashtag. It is usually used in a context where the speaker tries to defend himself from whatever was said about men. "Not all men. I don't do that". Which kills any productive discussion regarding issues with the male gender, such as an extreme history of oppression, as well as toxic behaviour which is promoted by the very same men. It's literally some guy who stops a debate about toxic gender roles simply to prove that he is a nice guy.

It's also ironic that the people who complain about men being portrayed as oppressive pigs never seem to complain about negative female portrayals.

What does any of this have to with Revolt?