Revolt as new single!

Nature2

Holy fucking hell, what did I just watch?? To be fair though, I actually really liked it :/ might be my favourite Muse video in a long time. Complete and utter chaos.

In a long time? If we're talking music videos only, not lyrics, I'd say the last good ones were only a couple of years back in The 2nd Law. Panic Station is just hilarious and doesn't take itself seriously, and I love both music videos for Animals, the animated fan one and the original one.

So, so, so cheesy. I liked both Dead Inside and Mercy more. Set was impressive and I loved the atmosphere, but the multi-coloured gas bomb things are like something from a comic book and felt way too silly camp for such a dark setting. And the acting and clothing were just awful.

And, less of a gripe, but it seemed like all of the people revolting were women and all of the soldiers were men? I don't mind coz it's just the actors' genders, but I hope it's not another thing that's trying to suggest that men are all oppressive and evil :/

Awful lyrics, songs that outstay their welcome, little originality, seems like a poor album to me.

Eeeesh

And sorry, no Muse MV since 2006 has held a candle to the Knights of Cydonia one. That video rocked.

Having the 'revolt' as led by early-20s-aged women made the whole thing feel a little bit like a Taylor Swift video.

Having the 'revolt' as led by early-20s-aged women made the whole thing feel a little bit like a Taylor Swift video.

Nothing like a female protagonist to sort out whose idea of a woman is that of a constant background character.

Nothing like a female protagonist to sort out whose idea of a woman is that of a constant background character.

That's not my idea at all! Having one in Mercy worked really well, to name but one example. The whole video just gave me Bad Blood vibes towards the end, especially with the fist pumping and stuff.

Still will be bummed out if I get it live instead of something good at the O2 next April though.

How hard do we reckon it is to sing? If it's not too bad it will almost certainly be a regular, but there's a fair bit of high chest vocal in the chorus so Matt might not want to do it every night