Revolt as new single!

Nature2

Neither of my dogs eat their own shit. That's just a stereotype spread around to keep dogkind down.

Or a vitamin deficiency. One of the two.

And I want Muse to be exactly popular enough that they keep playing gigs close enough to me that it doesn't cost a substantial portion of my yearly wages to attend.

After that, I don't give a shit either way.

I think it was more in reference to people seeming to claim "poppy" "commercial" and "catchy" weren't all interrelated.

Like 'well, it's commercial pop crap, but at least it's catchy!'

Isn't that why it's commercially viable... and thus an important part of "pop" music...?

But also, yes, people bitch a lot about upbeat music. Everything happy is for the "plebs" who aren't sophisticated enough to realize only stuff that's dark is good.

I never said it was crap :confused:

When I said "poppy as fuck" I meant to emphasise that is more a pop song than a rock song.

I didn't mean you in particular, so I didn't quote you directly. More in a 'people use pop and crap as almost the same thing - like "pop" music has become an insult.'

Yeah, quite bigoted. Although I do wish we got more variety in popular music. People do love different forms of music. Bands like Nirvana and Green Day are still loved now. I'd love to see some alternative rock in the top 40.

Yeah, quite bigoted. Although I do wish we got more variety in popular music. People do love different forms of music. Bands like Nirvana and Green Day are still loved now. I'd love to see some alternative rock in the top 40.
I don't want to start any shit, but I think it's fair to ask: why?

I don't want to start any shit, but I think it's fair to ask: why?

Why do I want variety? Why wouldn't I? I'm confused, surely having a variety of different genres be present, represented, and loved is better than a chart full of music of the same few genres?

Why do I want variety? Why wouldn't I? I'm confused, surely having a variety of different genres be present, represented, and loved is better than a chart full of music of the same few genres?
Must be just me (lol) who don't give a shit what's on the charts then.

There are different charts to represent different genres. It'd be impossible to force different genres into the top 40 chart, the one to which I assume you're referring.

idk it'd be nice to just stick the radio on in the car and not get utter dross.

But Joe Public will always buy utter dross, so it'll never change.

Let's face it, Joe public is a bastard, uncultured and shallow as s***. So if Muse or any other band want to make money and have presence with their albums, have to throw a couple of radio-friendly songs per album.

Even then, the average pop song of Muse is usually better than the average pop song in the radio (with few exceptions).

Let's face it, Joe public is a bastard, uncultured and shallow as s***. So if Muse or any other band want to make money and have presence with their albums, have to throw a couple of radio-friendly songs per album.

Even then, the average pop song of Muse is usually better than the average pop song in the radio (with few exceptions).

Oh god

I'm gonna tell you you're a pretentious cliche.

Say what you want but i am right.

An album full of Handlers, Exogenesis and Citizens Erased won't be appreciated as much as if they throw a poppy single there. Is called decadence. And is sad.

Say what you want but i am right.

An album full of Handlers, Exogenesis and Citizens Erased won't be appreciated as much as if they throw a poppy single there. Is called decadence. And is sad.

because Pop is clearly objectively worse than the music you like?