Drones Album Reviews

Drowned In Sound

http://drownedinsound.com/releases/18847/reviews/4149076 - 4/10

Muse run the risk of disappearing entirely up their own arse

Album music, artwork, Matt take a kicking in the undercarriage in this one..

Time Out London

http://www.timeout.com/london/music/muse-drones-album-review - 1/5

Bellamy’s boys crash and burn on a boring, crass and ignorant concept album

Both reviews miss the point entirely..

Well, I was expecting something between 70-80 but I suppose I'm wrong. I don't really know which reviews do count on metascore, but I've read more positive reviews than negatives, and I swear I wasn't looking for the good ones :LOL::LOL:

EDIT: I still think it's waaay better than T2L.

Edited by topo_musero

By looking at the grades, people either love this album or really dislike it. I think a lot of 'critiques' have misunderstood the album. This album is a masterpiece as far as i'm concerned, I love it! thats the only review that matters to me.

By looking at the grades, people either love this album or really dislike it. I think a lot of 'critiques' have misunderstood the album. This album is a masterpiece as far as i'm concerned, I love it! thats the only review that matters to me.

For me, it's so close to being a masterpiece. If the lyrics were better or more abstract, it would be even better. It's still my third favorite Muse album though.

For me, it's so close to being a masterpiece. If the lyrics were better or more abstract, it would be even better. It's still my third favorite Muse album though.

with you on this, wavering between third and fourth favourite Muse album. I consider Aftermath, Globalist, Psycho, Reapers, Handler to be pretty much perfect and most of the others aren't too far behind tbh. Only Revolt and Mercy bringing up the rear somewhat

The lyrics are meant to tell a story and do so poorly, I'd say that's a big flaw.

I know what you mean, and it's definitely a flaw to some extent. However, I wouldn't treat the lyrics as harshly as the music. If the music is 10/10 (for example) but the lyrics are purely shit, I would probably knock off 3 marks as opposed to 8. Just my opinion though

I know what you mean, and it's definitely a flaw to some extent. However, I wouldn't treat the lyrics as harshly as the music. If the music is 10/10 (for example) but the lyrics are purely shit, I would probably knock off 3 marks as opposed to 8. Just my opinion though

What about 5 and 5? Especially since this is has been branded as a concept album since the beginning.

I don't know, I always thought that Muse express better themselves through the music, and not through the lyrics. And I think it's actually a sonically clever album, not lirically clever, obviously. But the music express the feelings the character is going through the "bad" storytelling very well. At least, that's what I like about Drones :happy:

Fantano just posted review.

He gave 5/10. Well what's interesting he didn't point out poor lyrics as many reviews as most of negative reviews. Not a word about Aftermath or Revolt and about Drones being concept album.

Interesting, those are the opposite comments I would have made about the production in comparison to TR or (especially) BHAR.

Perhaps there were bigger crimes on those albums than the way they were produced which meant they didn't stand out to him, but I'm surprised by that.

That wasn't a bad review, I enjoyed it despite of the score. But his points are valid. I don't know how he usually rate albums, a 5 isn't decent in my mind, but is it in his? :LOL::LOL:

Better than expected, especially because a few tracks are very open to criticism