Drones Album Reviews

I'm surprised more people haven't picked up on the relative anonymity of Dom's drumming- as I was with Matt Helders on AM, now I think about it.

I find the drumming on AM more anonymous, but that is very much by design. That's all intending to beat-like, similar to the drumming in hip-hop and electronic music, but all at the expense of something more memorable on the instrument like Brianstorm or Pretty Visitors (don't play them back to back).

Least Dom gets some fills on this album, even if its overly simplistic.

The Quietus' review of The 2nd Law was better. This is a bit "meh". Or should that be f***ing meh?

Nothing so great as an immature "review" full of cursing and vulgar sexual dialogue (and literally nothing else) that also feels like throwing in "big word! Pretentious nerds!" to further compound the point that you're not just an immature blow-hard, but you're also probably a moron... Or at least a chest thumper who makes fun of people who graduated high school.

I really hate that that's something people are actually into.

Listening to and greatly enjoying new @muse record

https://twitter.com/tmorello

Matt right now:

giphy.gif

I'm surprised more people haven't picked up on the relative anonymity of Dom's drumming- as I was with Matt Helders on AM, now I think about it.

I don't think it's too bad, certainly not as disappointingly dull as AM. The Handler and the heavy bit of The Globalist have some cool drumming in them. Other than that, the beats are generally pretty simply but they do their job and they're better on the whole than they were on T2L imo.

The Quietus review reads like it's been written by an eight year old who's just watched too many episodes of The Thick Of It. Absolutely no idea what it's trying to say beyond vague (sweary and intense, but vague somehow) dislike.

I'm curious to see who actually finds this sort of thing funny; there must be someone out there.

Least funny thing I've come across in quite a while.

that author of the Quietus review obviously has an incredibly severe, debilitating and crippling mental illness. In unscientific terms we call it being "a total and utter fucking retarded cunt". Suffice to say I didn't enjoy his review in the slightest

This is where I show my age, but that's Mr Agreeable. He used to have a column in Melody Maker where he'd swear like that about absolutely everyone, I remember the Manics used to get a lot of stick, and when Muse first came out he gave them a right pasting as well... I remember there being a lot of back-and-forth with readers about what kind of animals the members of Muse looked like :LOL: Every band got that kind of 'review'. I think it's a bit old now, and it looks like people don't really get it anymore when it's on random websites and therefore taken out of context, but at the time it was quite hilarious.

Edited by Gemsy